Ex-PM Yingluck faulted over transfer of NSC chief

webfact

Ex-PM Yingluck faulted over transfer of NSC chief

000_DU8ZI.jpg

File photo – Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra

Thailand’s National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has found that former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra abused her power, in violation of Section 157 of the Criminal Code, for her illegal removal, nine years ago, of Mr. Thawil Pliensri, from his post as secretary-general of the National Security Council and subsequent reassignment to the PM’s Office as an advisor.

NACC deputy secretary-general, Mr. Niwatchai Kasemmongkol, said today (Wednesday) that the NACC’s investigative panel found that Mr. Thawil’s abrupt transfer was carried out with undue haste, taking just four days for the entire process to be completed.

According to the findings, then PM Yingluck placed a call, to the Office of the Secretary-General of the PM’s Office, to arrange for the transfer, on September 4th, 2011, which was a Sunday.  On the same day, the office, issued a memo to the Minister of PM’s Office, Ms. Krisana Sihalak, asking her to accept Mr. Thawil as an advisor to the PM.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-pm-yingluck-faulted-over-transfer-of-nsc-chief/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, dukeandduke said:

What lovely language do you reserve for all of the others in power who have been guilty of something? 

My opinion , like it or lump it dont really care .

2 minutes ago, keith101 said:

My opinion , like it or lump it dont really care .

I'm saying that I'm interested in your opinion of the other government officials who have been guilty of something the last nine years.  Surely there have been a couple or more.

• Like 2

Off topic posts about Prawit have been removed.  An off topic post with a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

20 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Thats it? It was done in haste. Wow, never seen that before by anyone move on or sacked.

The coup was done in haste.

as I keep twaddling back, as a right of reply; to the mrs in response to being labelled a Slow falang:

- "Kvik Kvik Kvik Make Mistake" 

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

Guilty guilty , crooked scum just like her brother .

unfortunately that family does not a have a monopoly on being corrupt, the same could be said, i'm sure, of most of the current individuals in power

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

I am not a friend or associated to any politicians but ironically this article made me smile. 

Yingluck  abused her power for her illegal removal Thawil Pliensri. So how democratic was the removal of Yingluck as an elected PM then - just wondering ........ 

She was a party list MP, chosen as PM by her political party MP's (paid salaries by her brother), dissolved parliament and was acting as caretaker PM when removed by a court for transferring someone to make room for a crony.

Hardly a champion of democracy, was she! She did of course promise not to dissolve parliament, not to flee the courts, and to die on the battlefield for democracy. But she was a serial liar.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, robblok said:

Your right, however the current MOB is guilty of similar things. Whole of Thai politics is corrupt. 

Yes. They moved Big Joke pretty quickly. I don't think tbeyvever gave an explanation.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

9 years ago !, I think most people would have forgotten that by now.

regards Worgeordie

Yes indeed, but the "yellow shirt" pro-military "establishment" are still paranoid regarding the Shinawatra's and the popular support they still command.

Thaksin Shinawatra Stock Pictures, Royalty-free Photos & Images

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

She was a party list MP, chosen as PM by her political party MP's (paid salaries by her brother), dissolved parliament and was acting as caretaker PM when removed by a court for transferring someone to make room for a crony.

Hardly a champion of democracy, was she! She did of course promise not to dissolve parliament, not to flee the courts, and to die on the battlefield for democracy. But she was a serial liar.

We all knew that she was a placeholder for the puppet master who got booted out the night before he was to address the GA of the UN in New York. And it is also not possible to "die on the battlefield for democracy" in certain countries (without taking this any further for known reasons) - although there is a battlefield ........ if not a minefield ????