Banjo / Bluegrass Jamming

Hi folks

Looking for other banjo players in Bangkok to jam with / learn from. I'm beginner-ish with 6 months of online learning under my belt (3 finger Scruggs style on 5-string banjo).

Now that the whole virus thing is slowing down (fingers crossed no wave 2), it would be nice to get together and make some music.

Cheers!

I play bluegrass 5 string banjo also bluegrass guitar and have done for over 55 years but am down in Pattaya if you ever get that way at all.

Several bluegrass musicians live in this area.

Six months is a very short time to get into jamming or for learning five string Scruggs picking.

I am always very happy to play and help another musician learn Bluegrass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You might also contact Thorn Banjo who lives in Bangkok via his facebook page, I have jammed with them a number of times, they play some original Bluegrass music and mix it in with Thai Bluegrass.

https://www.facebook.com/thorn.banjo

There is another group in Bangkok called 'Thai Sidewalk' you can probably find them on the Bluegrass Club Thailand page

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 2:37 PM, Orton Rd said:

The original Bluegrass boys, maybe the Thais should be wearing suits and ties?

They like to dress in cowboy hats, cowboy shirts and cowboy boots..... I dont, so I guess I am not a real Thai bluegrass musician :cheesy:

I remember Bill Monro explaining to a group of us fans many years ago about the hats they all wore, they were pure white  Kentucky Colonel style, that must have been back around 1965 when that picture was taken.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 2:37 PM, Orton Rd said:

The original Bluegrass boys, maybe the Thais should be wearing suits and ties?

This video is pretty much standard dress for bluegrass musicians now,  I look more like David Grissman in the video and feel like I am old and in the way as well   ????