'It takes away the stigma': five of the best cartoons with transgender characters

snoop1130

'It takes away the stigma': five of the best cartoons with transgender characters

By Owl Fisher and Fox Fisher

1301.jpg

'Danger and Eggs shows LGBTQ characters as a normal part of life.’ Photograph: Amazon Prime Video

Transgender people are the subject of much conversation at the moment, predominantly by cis commentators, it has to be said, but the more open conversations on the topic are to be welcomed.

It is allowing people to come out sooner and be themselves at a much earlier age than before.

Having those conversations with children will never be easy, and representation on TV can play a huge part in how people relate to the world and think about themselves.

Thankfully, there is a new influx of cartoons and animations that delve into the topic of being transgender in a wholesome, authentic and relatable way.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/30/it-takes-away-the-stigma-five-of-the-best-cartoons-with-transgender-characters

• Like 1

I have just tried reading the full story, I haven't a clue what I read. The ideas are totally alien to me, am I the only one ??

I have just re read it and see it is attributed to the woke persons bible, The Guardian UK.

Edited by PJPom
extra info
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, PJPom said:

I have just tried reading the full story, I haven't a clue what I read. The ideas are totally alien to me, am I the only one ??

Your right mate..........very deep..or to put it another way......absolute  CR**

While Steven isn’t trans, and his family believes he is in fact his mother pretending to be someone else....He struggles to persuade them of who he is, to get them to use the right name for who he is.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2