• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Such a strange question to be asking.

Do you need to be an expert to win fights in Thailand.   I have a decent jaw and not bad punches.   If anything kicks might need to be something I work on.   When fightin

Every forum has its trolls or paid agitators.

On 7/1/2020 at 3:11 PM, finy said:

If anything kicks might need to be something I work on.

Don't bother. Your "ok jaw" won't save you from dead leg(s) once you've taken a couple low kicks... I know guys who were doing low level pro fights here in Europe, and they succumbed to the low kicks when fighting in Thailand. Let alone someone who has to work on it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2021 at 10:48 PM, FarangULong said:

Don't bother. Your "ok jaw" won't save you from dead leg(s) once you've taken a couple low kicks... I know guys who were doing low level pro fights here in Europe, and they succumbed to the low kicks when fighting in Thailand. Let alone someone who has to work on it.

According to Larry, a Prison Emergency Response Team leader, four to five inches above the knee, on the outside of the thigh, is a zone that - if kicked - will render the leg practically useless. Unlike the shins, this zone cannot, other than building the surrounding muscle, be toughened up. I wonder how the Thai boxers defend the zone?