Phuket tourism industry told to ‘ready for beach holiday tourists’

snoop1130

The whole story is well worth reading, it contains nothing that would suggest the need for a "beach tourist campaign".

"The push for Phuket to prepare for international tourists comes as the ban on all inbound international commercial passenger flights expired at midnight last night, with six groups of foreigners allowed to enter Thailand as of today (July 1)."

The six groups link in the story actually goes to an eleven groups story, none of which are tourists (so called medical tourists excepted).

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

The whole story is well worth reading, it contains nothing that would suggest the need for a "beach tourist campaign".

"The push for Phuket to prepare for international tourists comes as the ban on all inbound international commercial passenger flights expired at midnight last night, with six groups of foreigners allowed to enter Thailand as of today (July 1)."

The six groups link in the story actually goes to an eleven groups story, none of which are tourists (so called medical tourists excepted).

Interesting find. Only problem is that I think almost nobody here is interested to just stay on Samui and then having to leave shortly after. Hope there will be a way to then travel to BKK.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Interesting find. Only problem is that I think almost nobody here is interested to just stay on Samui and then having to leave shortly after. Hope there will be a way to then travel to BKK.

I would rather stay in BKK, but they can't control newly arrived tourists there. This whole virus situation needs to calm down before unrestricted tourism restarts in Thailand. Maybe there will be air bridges in a few months if the virus doesn't come back.

7 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Wishful thinking ....

Oh contraire, sir, I suspect the highly decorated gentleman in the middle with his hands behind his back is saying “Hab heads up guys, you won’t believe what I found at the market…rub rub rub

image.png.dc8e4773b1aa6ba1171b60f105109842.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

In my hometown some of the more cashed up businesses have renovated and redecorated to be re energised for the reopening of tourism.

Have these guys cleaned up the beaches streets or done anything to brighten the place up for the future? Any local expats seen any activity of this nature going on?

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 8:20 PM, snoop1130 said:

Also joining the meeting were Vachira Phuket Hospital Director Dr Chalermpong Sukontapol

but just in case it all goes sour they have the hospital ready.... good thinking 555