Update on guest friendly Sukhumvit hotels...

moontang

Thought it would be a good idea, if we have a chat about the latest and greatest guest friendly hotels on lower Sukhumvit.  Especially, with so much reopening.  Hopefully, we can get pointed to some clean value...

10 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Hotels are supposed to be  guest friendly. That is why it is called the hospitality sector.

Guests register at  checkin or online when they make their reservation. Is there a specific issue you are concerned with?

Indeed.... Aren’t we all ‘guests in Thailand’ (as I so commonly read on threads which involve any form of negative opinion towards our host nation):coffee1:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Hotels are supposed to be  guest friendly. That is why it is called the hospitality sector.

Guests register at  checkin or online when they make their reservation. Is there a specific issue you are concerned with?

I doubt it would apply to you and "your partner."

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

If I were so inclined then I could easily get any guest into a hotel room without registering.   

Simply check in yourself then depart the hotel and come back with your guest.  No one will bat an eyelid.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Given how bad the tourism sector has been hit and how hard up they are for guests I suspect the hotel GM wouldn't care if you walked in with his sister and went to your room without registering her.

But first a temperature check and then doing her own check-in via the government tracing app.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But first a temperature check and then doing her own check-in via the government tracing app.

do you check in before the vertical hustle ? might be a bad idea to do temp checks after. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trillian said:

Most reasonable hotels consider the safety of their guest and require the joiner to leave an ID card copy at the front desk, this protects the guest if any issues arise subsequently. And since rooms are sold on a per room basis and not on a per person basis, there shouldn't be an issue of charging.

Said the newbie.  It is a big moneymaker, especially at the nicer hotels.  Can be as high as 1500...Almost all rooms have occupancy limits, that can sometimes even be 1.  There is a list of groups that would put a dozen in one room...

1 minute ago, moontang said:

Said the newbie.  It is a big moneymaker, especially at the nicer hotels.  Can be as high as 1500...Almost all rooms have occupancy limits, that can sometimes even be 1.  There is a list of groups that would put a dozen in one room...

Making money is a bolt on to getting a copy of the ID card, it's up to the punter to argue the point, cost per room or cost per person.

Not so newbie BTW.

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

i do not think she understands @moontang

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trillian said:

Making money is a bolt on to getting a copy of the ID card, it's up to the punter to argue the point, cost per room or cost per person.

Not so newbie BTW.

You do understand the term as used correct

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Susco said:

Since your previous thread was about your joyful stay at a 250 Baht room, I wonder why the nicer hotels concern you

Is it that difficult to understand that hotels often lower their prices, especially at 5% occupancy?  Might have been less, if it weren't for the "swedish management."

Edited by moontang

9 hours ago, moontang said:

Groups of who? Indians maybe with their boxes of straws? :cheesy:

Just now, possum1931 said:

Groups of who? Indians maybe with their boxes of straws? :cheesy:

If you don't know, who pushes the envelope on everything they do, you haven't been around much.  Indians would be near the top of the list, but are actually banned in many hotels.  

1 hour ago, moontang said:

If you don't know, who pushes the envelope on everything they do, you haven't been around much.  Indians would be near the top of the list, but are actually banned in many hotels.  

That's true, my regular guesthouse owner in Pattaya had four wanting to share the one room, he hunted them.

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

//CLOSED//