Beverley Hotel South Pattaya

champers

On the baht bus from Jomtien this morning and saw a coach (remember them?) with seemingly Thai passengers pull into the Beverley Hotel. It looked like they were guided into the entrance by a waiting soldier. Quarantine hotel?

Edited by champers

Quite possibly, if you drive along Jomtien Beach Road just before the left turn at the traffic lights to Chayapruik. that hotel has been used as a Covid quarantine base since it started. Took me a while to catch on but also explains the police/military station set up beach side across the road. I'm sure there are others around town. 

48 minutes ago, champers said:

Brighton Grand in Naklua opened about 6 weeks ago for the same reason, I believe.

After a walk around Naklua this evening showed that the few bars that are open are doing nothing whatsoever to avoid covid I imagine more quaratine hotels will be needed when the other bars eventually start opening. 

I saw not one girl or customer using a mask. Business as usual. 

On 7/2/2020 at 2:40 AM, Harrywonka said:

After a walk around Naklua this evening showed that the few bars that are open are doing nothing whatsoever to avoid covid I imagine more quaratine hotels will be needed when the other bars eventually start opening. 

I saw not one girl or customer using a mask. Business as usual. 

As I know it they are being used by returning Thais from overseas. Those numbers would be expected to reduce. Domestic infections have been zero for over a month.