Fox News fires anchor for sexual misconduct

webfact

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

I always wonder in stories like this - What exactly happened. Like, exactly.

I hope he wasn't scopin out Judge Jeanine! I'd be very disappointed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“When it’s “he said/she said,” the woman can’t win. But when it’s “he said/she said/she said/she said/she said/she said,” transparency has a chance, and light can flood the places where abusive behavior thrives.” 
― Melinda Gates, The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World

Great to see changes happening and seeing individuals being called out for what they are...predators. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:
4 hours ago, rumak said:

watch tv or movies you might see that there is quite a DOUBLE STANDARD  regarding what one sex can do or say regarding the other.        

Watch tv or movies? That’s your source of evidence...dear lord.

try to follow the train of thought, sir.    no talk of evidence in my post.   but the MEDIA is a great source

to evaluate and compare what is going on in society.   double standards and hypocracy is rampant...

Come to think of it,  i think that is evidence that the field is not level .    

but if dear lord is your response,  so be it

1 minute ago, rumak said:

try to follow the train of thought, sir.    no talk of evidence in my post.   but the MEDIA is a great source

to evaluate and compare what is going on in society.   double standards and hypocracy is rampant...

Come to think of it,  i think that is evidence that the field is not level .    

but if dear lord is your response,  so be it

Yep, that is indeed my response. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

"willful sexual misconduct"

What the <deleted> does that mean? If it was wilful I suppose it was by consent. If she was a co worker I assume she was not a minor or under the age of consent. How many "years ago" ? 2? 5? 10?? If a guy has sex with a woman, how long does he have to lose sleep over it worrying she might wanna joined the me too movement? It is now dangerous to give a compliment to a woman in the west.

Anything you say might be used against you in a court of law or the court of social media as sexual harassment. I'm not a chauvinist, but all this feminist bs should stop, and the sooner the better

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rumak said:

i think it was discovered that during the newcasts he was getting a hardon

Are you joking?....because I'm slow enough to believe most of the posters on TV.......

what part of the newscast was it....the weather report.........:coffee1:

Just come on the news that Sky Sports....has banned the word Nitty -Gritty

Nitty gritty' on Sky Sports' banned list of words due to supposed links to slavery

Today 'nitty-gritty' is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as meaning:

'The fundamentals, realities or basic facts of a situation or subject. The heart of the matter.'

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Henry was suspended on the day of the complaint and was fired based on "investigative findings,"

I guess they feel there was a case to answer.......its hard to comment until the full report comes out.

But if its nothing--then I guess, being America he would be suing them .

9 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Just come on the news that Sky Sports....has banned the word Nitty -Gritty

Nitty gritty' on Sky Sports' banned list of words due to supposed links to slavery

Today 'nitty-gritty' is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as meaning:

'The fundamentals, realities or basic facts of a situation or subject. The heart of the matter.'

And now for the answer.  The French colonists called the African slaves and creoles 'la population nigritique'. So to get down to the 'nitty gritty' as the English speakers pronounced it was to mix with the people downtown. The standard dictionaries are coy about this derivation.

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

look at all the female school teachers who have been busted for raping/sexually abusing 16 year old boy students, must be dozens in the last 5 years... so yes, some are being held accountable.

Yea Some , But most Boys/men would be Happy to do let them do it Again. 

Me included  when that happen to me  I was about 25 yrs younger. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

And now for the answer.  The French colonists called the African slaves and creoles 'la population nigritique'. So to get down to the 'nitty gritty' as the English speakers pronounced it was to mix with the people downtown. The standard dictionaries are coy about this derivation.

Whilst this maybe an answer, it is certainly not the answer. It has also been said it refers to grit and debris at the bottom of ships. However, the actual origin of the phrase is unknown and the first documented use of it was in the 1950's, so it is therefore extremely unlikely that it was ever used during the years of slavery. 

• Like 1

So this guy was fired after being investigated, sounds like he was guilty.

Seems like quite a few men have gone away in disgrace in the last

several years. Movie Stars, actors, singers, rich people, and lots

of others.  Good!  Glad they got their come uppings.

Geezer

• Like 1

20 hours ago, car720 said:

If your thing is too small or if you have no money or if she just plain doesn't like you then she will crucify you.

Even if they like you one day and encourage a relationship, they can make you an enemy the next day for absolutely sod all. Experienced that a few times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even if they like you one day and encourage a relationship, they can make you an enemy the next day for absolutely sod all. Experienced that a few times.

and then some. :cheesy::cheesy: