Schools back, what a laugh.

colinneil

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps the instructions for the school staff were written by our own health minister A-nut-in here.

His arrogant attitude in recent photos show him and his staff not wearing face masks, which seem to indicate that only plebs need monitoring.

Yes. And he was the one calling farangs dirty because a guy declined his offer of a mask

• Like 1

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

I think you missed the point of my post.

Why make a fuss making sure the childrens temperatures are taken , but not the teachers?

A teacher can get and pass the virus, just the same as a child.

Temprature has now been proven not to be an indicator as it was thought of before.

9 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I get a kick out of plastic panels on desks and in front of counters. Does anyone understand even the basics of fluid dynamics (specifically aerodynamics)? 

Remarkable display of mass hysteria. 

I like this question ????

image.png

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

I like this question ????

image.png

Me too! I understand even complex 'fluid mechanic' principles. Bernoulli was my hero. P. L. Nervi my inspiration. But some of the Thai children are still in kindergarten. Must give then a chance to learn.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ventenio said:

i have a feeling schools will close again within two months. 

This is precisely the reason Stadtler saved his money and kept the child home.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That's crazy!  Is it normal for Cambodian kids to be on holiday for so long?

This would have been the general situation if no covid-19 shut down in February 2020:-

Last day of class

♦ Thursday 25th June 2020 at 11:30 am

For information:
Start of the 2020-2021 school year:

♦ Wednesday 26th August 2020 for newly registered Kindergarten student

Thursday 27th August 2020 for all students

This start has been postponed until November, after the Water Festival.

10 hours ago, Yinn said:

Why your wife not do it? 

She the boss right?

Do you think Thailand do good job control covid? 

I think it finished already in Thailand. But must be careful, wear mask, hand gel, temperature  etc. I hope that. 

Not want to be same before again. Terrible.

No CV is NOT finished in Thailand.

New cases reported today.

Get a grip everybody no cases no social distancing in Thailand for months in villages, my son started school 1st July the pick up came to our soi picked him up in morning and drops him of along with 20+ other kids to the local school no big deal temperature temps for what never seen a person fail that and I've been tescos 7 eleven etc loads of times with big queues

Just goes to show many expats will find any reason to moan or pick fault.

Daughter went back yesterday, mask, face screen, wet wipes and alcohol in the bag. Temperature checks at the gate, rudimentary at best, but let's face it they are hardly a good indicator anyway.

At the end of the day my daughter told me she had really enjoyed it and was really happy to be finally back at school.

To me that was the main thing and no reason for petty gripes about temperature checks or queuing at the gates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

No CV is NOT finished in Thailand.

New cases reported today.

Are you sure you aren't reading #fakenews?

From Bangkok Post:

Government reports six new coronavirus cases detected in Thai nationals returning from abroad, for total of 3,179; 38 days without a local transmission.

22 hours ago, Yinn said:

Why your wife not do it? 

She the boss right?

I think it finished already in Thailand. But must be careful, wear mask, hand gel, temperature  etc. I hope that. 

It all starts with the leader. If the director shows that each teacher and/or staff needs to be checked it will happen. Its called leadership by example or the buck stops here.

Not very hard and doesn't take much time. It takes a lot longer to undue if screwed up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rct99q said:

Somehow Thailand dodged a bullet with this thing, in my opinion.

When the C-19 was taking hold, Thailand was in a heat-wave, with no rain. The virus - a relative of the common cold - does better when its cold and damp.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:23 AM, colinneil said:

Why make a fuss making sure the childrens temperatures are taken , but not the teachers?

By the end of the month they will tire of this and nobody’s temp will be taken just as nobody is wearing a helmet when they drop there kids off on the motorbike 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 8:23 AM, colinneil said:

Bloody amazing that there was a need for you to explain.

• Confused 1

On 7/2/2020 at 8:35 AM, Rookiescot said:

Yeah absolute pandemonium at my daughters school as well. Everyone has to drop their kid off at a single gate. Traffic jam takes up an entire lane of a busy road with a half K tailback.

Of course you get the usual hiso who thinks he does not have to queue and drives right to the front and then tries to force his way into the line of traffic. This means both lanes are now closed. 

Yeah, about the same at my daughter's school. Not opening the gates till 3.09 instead of 3.00 pm (why 9 minutes?). Then everyone parked on the waste ground opposite drives like crazy to get in, forming several queues, crossing the road which now also has tailback queues in both directions, while the security guards blow their whistles and wave their arms about like mad. Once inside, no one respects the two lanes in system, the no parking areas, does as the please, will stop to pick their kids up anywhere, blocking everyone and taking their time as everyone else must wait for them. 

Utter chaos. Not thought through in the slightest.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:55 AM, Yinn said:

Why your wife not do it? 

She the boss right?

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

The Thais have China on the safe list.  Good job?  You have to keep Thailand clear, not invite Chinese who will 100 percent bring you more virus.

Let Stadtler know Yinn when you're tired of riding the merry-go-round.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

The Thais have China on the safe list.  Good job?  You have to keep Thailand clear, not invite Chinese who will 100 percent bring you more virus.

Let Stadtler know Yinn when you're tired of riding the merry-go-round.

This is a joke? It's about school safety that is suppose to the responsibility of school administration and wasn't.

1 minute ago, checkered flag said:

This is a joke? It's about school safety that is suppose to the responsibility of school administration and wasn't.

School administration?  What is that?

Order takers and bank deposits are what they excel at doing.