Fearing an election loss, Trump allies push him to be less polarizing

webfact

23 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

What exactly is Ivanka's role who is listed in the  'A' team do in the White House. "A" team gets the highest pay among all staffs. Seen any of her policies? 

and how many interviews does she do with the media? You do realise I'm talking about the media when I say they hate it, don't you?

1 hour ago, spiekerjozef said:

He can't help it he has absolutely no idea how to...... do anything, really.

Except saying you're fired.

He usually gives them the job first, then says you're fired.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-- George Carlin, who also said

In America, anyone can become president. That's the problem.

As for me, I'll never say "nobody is that stupid" ever again.

In the UK anyone can be prime minister also.

When Americans talk about the 'popular vote', in the UK the current gvt were voted for by 43% of the electorate (Teresa May's gvt got 37%). The last time that more than 50% of the people voted for a British government in a general election was 1936.

• Like 2

The month of June was absolutely brutal for Donald. His re-election odds just tanked!

2020 Presidential Odds: Analysis, Betting Information and Tips

image.png.3709879c2166a5b63972195633f19522.png

...at -160, Joe Biden’s implied probability to win the 2020 election would be 61.54 percent and President Trump’s at +140 odds would be 41.67 percent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will Donald drop out before the election? There is a possibility that he would try to save face by dropping out and claiming a 1 term victory. Donald already "Made American Great" so time to move on...

James Carville says there’s a ‘significant chance’ Trump drops out of the presidential race

That was Democratic strategist and “2020 Politics War Room” co-host James Carville on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday morning, doubling down on his prediction last week that Donald Trump will drop out of the presidential race before November.

He suggested on the Comcast-owned CMCS, news channel that Republican Senators including Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) and Dan Sullivan (R-Ark.) will try to separate themselves from Trump this fall. “This is the great ‘Moscow Mitch’ strategy. ‘After Labor Day, we’re going to turn on him.’ That’s really going to work,” Carville said with sarcasm.

It appears that after Labor Day, if Donald doesn't turn his numbers around, Mitch and company will turn their backs on Donald. Let the Republican in-fighting begin!

Edited by Silurian
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

In the UK anyone can be prime minister also.

When Americans talk about the 'popular vote', in the UK the current gvt were voted for by 43% of the electorate (Teresa May's gvt got 37%). The last time that more than 50% of the people voted for a British government in a general election was 1936.

Two electoral practices I've learned about in my travels that I quite like (and from unlikely places) are:

Brazil: voting is mandatory.  I'm not sure what the punishment is but I know the people I was around (who could not be called "well off") took it quite seriously.

Thailand: if the turnout is too low the election is void.  I'm really in favor of this.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 6:45 AM, riclag said:

I hear ya and I disagree > I'll trade you a  SHARYL ATTKISSON opinion piece from the Hill  and a  military  experts opinion for your March 2017 opinion article of  Vox ,ok! I'm gonna leave it at that !

https://combatveteransforcongress.org/story/how-nsa-director-admiral-mike-rogers-saved-us-massive-constitutional-crisis

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/351495-it-looks-like-obama-did-spy-on-trump-just-as-he-did-to-me

Does Sharyl Attkisson have a TS/SCI clearance? Is she an SIS-5 with lots of time on the 7th Floor?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess "No to all", and stay with the SIS-5 7th Floor denizen, since I 'happen to know that individual', who knows all the recent DCIs, DDCIs, Ex-Dirs, etc. and is included on just about every Bigot List still in existence. Heck, the individual even has a Q clearance, which despite a widely held belief in the moonbat regions of the Dark Web, is merely a clearance given by the Dept of Energy to allow access into nuke matters, and it is hardly some super duper turbocharged members-only special access into the deepest secrets of this or any other known Universe.

I believe I might know the genesis of the 'tapping' issue, other than 45's fertile, deceitful and addled imagination.  Some 70% of all owners of condos in 45's eponymous tower are Russian mafia, who have long run various racketeering operations out of their 'home offices'. Since they engage in everything from money laundering to illegal gambling to drug running to contract killing, they have drawn the attention of US Law Enforcement, whether local and State police agencies or the Bureau. It is possible that one of these entities did 'tap' the criminals that call 45's tower home, and some people---including Fake News (fun to use that term!) spewers like sharyl attkisson and The Hill---could have erroneously extrapolated legitimate police work into some wild conspiracy theory. That, of course, is giving them the benefit of the doubt, when it's just as likely they simply made stuff up.

Personally, I wonder the ethics of an entity that has no problem selling property---in cash---to a host of people who even a 5 year old would surmise are not society's best, and about whom a simple Google search would show rap sheets that would make Eminem's writing desk look bare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bendejo said:

It appears that after Labor Day, if Donald doesn't turn his numbers around, Mitch and company will turn their backs on Donald.

What I think this implies is a distancing.  Those spineless GOP senators (nearly all) who have been standing by him in fear of losing his supporters will see him as a liability, and won't show support, but won't be denouncing him either. 

I picture alot of this:

Edited by Tie Dye Samurai

On 7/3/2020 at 3:48 PM, johnpetersen said:

Trump claimed that the reason Obama refused to release his academic records was that Obama was a mediocre student. And the reason that Trump refuses to release his is...?

Perhaps he's trying to annoy people that think he should release records he's not legally required to release. Appears that he's succeeded.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, bendejo said:

It appears that after Labor Day, if Donald doesn't turn his numbers around, Mitch and company will turn their backs on Donald.

What I think this implies is a distancing.  Those spineless GOP senators (nearly all) who have been standing by him in fear of losing his supporters will see him as a liability, and won't show support, but won't be denouncing him either. 

Swampy GOP senators have, IMO, only supported Trump as they feared the electorate would kick them out if they didn't. it's not, IMO, as though they actually have principles other than staying in the swamp. If anyone thinks swampy politicians ever supported the man that was elected to get rid of "them" they ain't been paying attention. Of course if they should think the Donald was going to lose they'd be backstabbing him in a heartbeat. Shades of the Ides of March.

• Sad 1

Just now, Morch said:

Perhaps the President of the United States shouldn't be a troll. Maybe, I dunno, he ought to run the country, address issues, that sort of thing.

LOL. It's actually not his job to "run the country". That is the job of congress, which has been bent more on attacking Trump than earning their excessive pay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1