Fearing an election loss, Trump allies push him to be less polarizing

webfact

Just now, Morch said:

The swamp alluded to would be the very one Trump promised to drain? Or, wait....maybe that was just more trolling by the President?

:coffee1:

LOL. It took over 200 years to get so swampy and you expect him to change it in 3 1/2 years when opposed at every step by the swamp in Congress?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. It took over 200 years to get so swampy and you expect him to change it in 3 1/2 years when opposed at every step by the swamp in Congress?

I don't really expect him to do any of the stuff he promised. And I don't recall him saying anything much about things taking all that long (like the Wall, remember that?). The Republicans had the majority in the Congress to begin with, in his term.

Then again, your next line of nonsensical defense would be to claim this was all just campaign talk and it doesn't matter. Not like we haven't been through this routine before.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 9:12 AM, Tug said:

He can’t help it he has absolutely no idea how to govern let alone within the framework of the constitution he doesent have the talent the worm has turned he’s toast

Yep, you'll be in safe hands with Biden, the president you deserve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Yeah, I kinda get it that as far as Trump fans go, he was elected in order to troll, tweet some, and behave badly. Anything that's semi-related to actual presidential stuff, nah. Somehow, don't recall you having the same easy going attitude toward Obama when the Republicans held the majority. Guess you also forgot Trump's term begun with that majority in place.

Trump got TWO conservative judges into SCOTUS. Pretty good going in one term. probably another next term.

If he hadn't done anything else ( like reducing the unemployment rate ) that'd be a good result.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. It's actually not his job to "run the country". That is the job of congress, which has been bent more on attacking Trump than earning their excessive pay.

But it's true that he doesn't run things, then why would you ever expect him to drain the swamp?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Well of course the big difference is that people don't elect the PM, the party does... same in Australia. The biggest difference is that when elections are called, you don't have to deal with campaigning that starts about 18 months before... and if you add mid-terms to that, a president spends more time campaigning than governing. American's seem proud of their system, but IMO it's a mess and totally broken.

Very true. In the UK we don't elect the head of state, who has no real power anyway, unlike the US president.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

I'm guessing that you and the people who approved of your answer don't quite understand what it means to be the head of the executive branch of the government.

Saying that Trump "runs the country" is like saying the queen of the UK "runs Britain".

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Morch said:

Yeah, I kinda get it that as far as Trump fans go, he was elected in order to troll, tweet some, and behave badly. Anything that's semi-related to actual presidential stuff, nah. Somehow, don't recall you having the same easy going attitude toward Obama when the Republicans held the majority. Guess you also forgot Trump's term begun with that majority in place.

Instead of focusing on Trump fans and your disdain for them, you should be focusing on your own party, which is about the poorest excuse for an opposition party I've ever seen.

I had the biggest laugh today when I discovered what then Sen. Barack Obama had to say about Biden during his 2008 presidential campaign. This comes from the book: "Game Change" by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin.

"How many times is Biden gonna say something stupid?"

Sen. Barack Obama, 2008

He hasn't gotten any better in the last 12 years, that's for sure.

At one point Obama was quite close to replacing him with Hillary Clinton

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Morch said:

I don't really expect him to do any of the stuff he promised. And I don't recall him saying anything much about things taking all that long (like the Wall, remember that?). The Republicans had the majority in the Congress to begin with, in his term.

Then again, your next line of nonsensical defense would be to claim this was all just campaign talk and it doesn't matter. Not like we haven't been through this routine before.

Have you forgotten that congress ( including GOP ) didn't vote him the money to build the wall? A part of it has been built anyway.

Of course a lot was campaign talk, just like all politicians engage in. Surely you don't actually believe anything any politician says in an election campaign, do you?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Saying that Trump "runs the country" is like saying the queen of the UK "runs Britain".

Come on, you know better than a comparison like that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Instead of focusing on Trump fans and your disdain for them, you should be focusing on your own party, which is about the poorest excuse for an opposition party I've ever seen.

I had the biggest laugh today when I discovered what then Sen. Barack Obama had to say about Biden during his 2008 presidential campaign. This comes from the book: "Game Change" by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin.

"How many times is Biden gonna say something stupid?"

Sen. Barack Obama, 2008

He hasn't gotten any better in the last 12 years, that's for sure.

At one point Obama was quite close to replacing him with Hillary Clinton

From the same book you just quoted...quite close is obviously a lie on your part or you didnt read the book...which one do you want to go with?:

Former White House chief of staff Bill Daley admitted Friday that he had supported efforts to figure out whether it wouldn’t be better to jettison Joe.

"Lots of issues in 2011 were looked at," Daley told CBS News. "And it was looked at. But it was never seriously looked at in the sense that there was a belief that it ought to be done or needed to be done, and the truth is that any research that was done confirmed the fact that it was not an issue voters cared about or thought should be done."

Senior adviser David Plouffe tweeted Thursday evening that whatever the campaign was up to, the vice-president never enjoyed anything less than the president's full confidence.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump got TWO conservative judges into SCOTUS. Pretty good going in one term. probably another next term.

If he hadn't done anything else ( like reducing the unemployment rate ) that'd be a good result.

Yeah, and that doesn't have a lot to do with my post, does it? Even while disregarding the positions of said two appointments and what they imply for actual Trump supporters and the rest of America. Not sure how you see getting conservative judges appointed when the Republicans held the majority as a great success. It is a "result" any right-wing alternative to Trump would have accomplished, and probably with less resistance and drama.

• Like 1