Fearing an election loss, Trump allies push him to be less polarizing

webfact

On 7/5/2020 at 10:43 AM, candide said:

Believe what? He promised Mexico would pay for it! ????

I was capable of understanding that was a silly remark at a rally. Pity that some are apparently not.

It goes in the same category as "if you like your Dr you can keep your Dr, if you like your plan you can keep your plan" and pledges to close Guantanamo.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

Trump isn't "polarizing" enough. And it's not Trump that's polarizing. It's the Democratic party becoming ever more radicalized since the 1980's. It's not the right-wing becoming radicalized. That's laughable. Nothing supports that. It's the Left that has become progressively more extremist. The only way to combat such extremism on the Left is appropriate extremism on the Right. Try to have a productive, centrist conversation with a purple-haired feminist and you might understand what I mean. 

I dream of having a conversation with a "purple-haired feminist", but sadly have never had the opportunity. I do, however, cherish the memory of putting a lefty political scientist well and truly down with a cutting retort.

I wish we knew who is behind all this very strange, to me, political movement. People didn't wake up one morning and decide to make the hysteria cause of the day to create "as many genders as possible" without being led to it.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, Berkshire said:

Since Trump likes to take credit for anything positive that happens in the USA, it would appear that he thinks he's running things.  But I agree, Trump doesn't do much besides play golf and tweet nonsense to his minions. 

Please post every time any president took credit for anything that wasn't positive. I won't hold my breath waiting.

On 7/5/2020 at 1:41 PM, johnpetersen said:

And yet you claim that it's congress that runs things. That Trump is no more than a figurehead like the Queen of England. It is to laugh.

I never actually said he is only a figurehead ( it was a comparison in response to a statement ) and I fully understand he has powers invested in the presidency. The problem, IMO, with the presidency in the past many years ( long before Trump for those that need to be informed of that ) is that presidents have been trying to run the country when they should leave it to congress.

The model for a proper president is that of the Irish president.

BTW, the British monarch has powers that she has chosen not to use in many years.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I dream of having a conversation with a "purple-haired feminist", but sadly have never had the opportunity. I do, however, cherish the memory of putting a lefty political scientist well and truly down with a cutting retort.

I wish we knew who is behind all this very strange, to me, political movement. People didn't wake up one morning and decide to make the hysteria cause of the day to create "as many genders as possible" without being led to it.

It's a combination of the bleak economic outlook, debt-culture, culture of victimization, general historical ignorance, soft-brain syndrome, bad or non-existent parenting, resentment and apathy, that has has created the millennials. Combine that with the hordes of discontented and unfulfilled white middle-aged soccer moms, the Karens of the world, and now you have a Revolution of self-loathing posturing as social justice.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:25 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

The unstated agenda is probably to keep Biden from destroying the country.

Biden isn't the problem. He has very few accomplishments over 4 decades. The problem is the people he is surrounded by. If it was just Biden I wouldn't mind. Beto for head of the ATF, AOC for the environment and interior, Warren head of the treasury.

The left particularly at the state level lately have shown how power hungry they are. If it was the do nothing Biden of old I am okay with that. However the left has no problem dictating to you, if you can go outside, where you can go, who you can go with, what you will wear, if you can swim, if you can use a boat, if you can travel interstate, what you can say online, etc. etc.

I have never seen the rights of the average person being completely trampled upon as I have in the past 6 months. I remember as a kid reading the Handmaid's Tale thinking the religious right were scary. These people are just like that but don't believe in God. 

Meanwhile America turns into a lawless graffiti ridden ghetto, whilst the average guy who wants to work can't leave his house. Do they really want all of the USA to resemble CHOP?

Anything they run ends up being like that sooner or later. Places that were truly remarkable before they came to power. 

I hope they make a law that the campaign period lasts only 3 months. No ads or whatever before that.This impeachment/election cycle has gone on for 4 years. 

I have no idea what is going to happen but something tells me something very unusual will occur before November.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

Trump isn't "polarizing" enough. And it's not Trump that's polarizing. It's the Democratic party becoming ever more radicalized since the 1980's. It's not the right-wing becoming radicalized. That's laughable. Nothing supports that. It's the Left that has become progressively more extremist. The only way to combat such extremism on the Left is appropriate extremism on the Right. Try to have a productive, centrist conversation with a purple-haired feminist and you might understand what I mean. 

The weird thing is they think they are the main stream. They have done a great job insulating themselves from varied or different opinions. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

This impeachment/election cycle has gone on for 4 years. 

Look at it from a positive angle. If they had left Trump alone and concentrated on finding a winning candidate for November, TVF world news would have been way less "interesting".

10 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I have no idea what is going to happen but something tells me something very unusual will occur before November.

I disagree, I think it will just be more and more hysteria running about and shouting loudly over as many causes as they can dream up to distract attention from the election campaign. Old political trick- look at me over here when the real stuff is going on over there.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Look at it from a positive angle. If they had left Trump alone and concentrated on finding a winning candidate for November, TVF world news would have been way less "interesting".

The problem is if you live in the USA it doesn't end with TVF. 

14 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The weird thing is they think they are the main stream. They have done a great job insulating themselves from varied or different opinions. 

They are the mainstream. Whatever centrist Democrat has long ago conceded the podium to the radical Left. And in that way they are absolutely complicit. Who is a centrist voice in the Democratic Party who has had the courage of conviction to voice his or her opinions? Nobody, that's who. I mean regarding even the most egregious and absurd follies of the protest movement--I.e., tearing down the statue of an abolitionist? Not one member of that repellent and utterly spineless party of hypocrites.

Edited by OZinPattaya

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I disagree, I think it will just be more and more hysteria running about and shouting loudly over as many causes as they can dream up to distract attention from the election campaign. Old political trick- look at me over here when the real stuff is going on over there.

I am thinking more like a candidate dies or something unexpected. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OZinPattaya said:

They are the mainstream. Whatever centrist Democrat has long ago conceded the podium to the radical Left. And in that way they are absolutely complicit. Who is a centrist voice in the Democratic Party who has had the courage of conviction to voice his or her opinions? Nobody, that's who. I mean regarding even the most egregious and absurd follies of the protest movement--I.e., tearing down the statue of an abolitionist? Not one member of that repellent and utterly spineless party of hypocrites.

I am having a good time watching the people that did stuff like that on camera being hunted down like dogs now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I am having a good time watching the people that did stuff like that on camera being hunted down like dogs now.

It's a rude awakening, to be sure. Apparently, rioting and looting, and tearing down monuments willy-nilly--with zero understanding of their actual historical significance--was supposed to be all just in good fun. And then that inconvenient happenstance occurs--called "reality"--kicks in, and lo and behold, there might actually be consequences to one's behavior. Something the millennials have no concept of. What, you mean I could serve actual prison time for destroying somebody else's property? I don't understand. Where's daddy and mommy?

29 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Trump could arrive, riding a unicorn, wearing a rainbow cape, singing Kum Ba Ya, and the media will still deem it divisive. 

Well, being that unicorns do not exist anyone with a functioning brain would sigh and say "Yet another con by Don."

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fearing an election loss, Trump allies push him to be less polarizing

Well, he's not listening to his "allies" as he's become more polarizing.

He could EASILY be re-elected just by curbing his most basic instincts (greed, self-promotion, racism, narcisism, lack of empathy....).

Not sure if he wants to lose on purpose, or is just unable to control himself?

The base is peeling away, with even elderly, white, non-college educated numers going down.

Even the Russian vote won't help him.

BTW, I'm a Marxist, a Graucho specifically.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Another piece of evidence that there's a secret agent working for the defeat of Donald Trump - and his name is Donald Trump.

He doesn't realize he looks his worst enemy in the face many times per day.  Every time he looks in the mirror.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Please post every time any president took credit for anything that wasn't positive. I won't hold my breath waiting.

I do not know enough of American politics to say if Truman tried to wriggle out of anything 'negative' ... but at least he made the point that he was ultimately responsible .... 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1