Fearing an election loss, Trump allies push him to be less polarizing

webfact

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was capable of understanding that was a silly remark at a rally. Pity that some are apparently not.

It goes in the same category as "if you like your Dr you can keep your Dr, if you like your plan you can keep your plan" and pledges to close Guantanamo.

You're were certainly capable treating it seriously when it suited, and dismissing it when it did not. Trump, however, kept at it for more than a "silly remark at a rally", and long after the election campaign was over.

Don't recall you giving Obama a free pass on either of the statements mentioned, but then this was only another attempt at deflection, wasn't it?

10 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Biden isn't the problem. He has very few accomplishments over 4 decades. The problem is the people he is surrounded by. If it was just Biden I wouldn't mind. Beto for head of the ATF, AOC for the environment and interior, Warren head of the treasury.

The left particularly at the state level lately have shown how power hungry they are. If it was the do nothing Biden of old I am okay with that. However the left has no problem dictating to you, if you can go outside, where you can go, who you can go with, what you will wear, if you can swim, if you can use a boat, if you can travel interstate, what you can say online, etc. etc.

I have never seen the rights of the average person being completely trampled upon as I have in the past 6 months. I remember as a kid reading the Handmaid's Tale thinking the religious right were scary. These people are just like that but don't believe in God. 

Meanwhile America turns into a lawless graffiti ridden ghetto, whilst the average guy who wants to work can't leave his house. Do they really want all of the USA to resemble CHOP?

Anything they run ends up being like that sooner or later. Places that were truly remarkable before they came to power. 

I hope they make a law that the campaign period lasts only 3 months. No ads or whatever before that.This impeachment/election cycle has gone on for 4 years. 

I have no idea what is going to happen but something tells me something very unusual will occur before November.

Other than in your rant, were any of the people singled out seriously mentioned as candidates for the posts listed? And even if they were, would they be at a disadvantage relative to the current office holders?

If you've never seem rights trampled, guess you missed the 60's and earlier. Not that after that all was dandy. But sure, whatever hyperbole serving the talking point of the day. And do go on about the "average person" - you know, the one who didn't vote for Trump, who doesn't go for either the current violence or the President's fanning of flames. Co opt these people, because anything goes when a partisan argument needs to be served as a message of false consensus.

• Like 1

The weird thing is they think they are the main stream. They have done a great job insulating themselves from varied or different opinions. 

How do you define "main stream"? And why would you care? Traditionally, at least on this forum, Trump supporters abhor anything "main stream". Be it fact based media, popular vote, or polls referencing current matters. Fantasies about some huge, silent majority seeing things your way are just that - fantasies.

10 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

They are the mainstream. Whatever centrist Democrat has long ago conceded the podium to the radical Left. And in that way they are absolutely complicit. Who is a centrist voice in the Democratic Party who has had the courage of conviction to voice his or her opinions? Nobody, that's who. I mean regarding even the most egregious and absurd follies of the protest movement--I.e., tearing down the statue of an abolitionist? Not one member of that repellent and utterly spineless party of hypocrites.

Could you, likewise, quote any significant centrist, moderate voice among the Republicans? I daresay most are way too scared speaking their mind, fearing to anger Trump and his cohorts. These topics only serve to make this ever clearer, most voices are extreme ones.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 8:59 PM, mtls2005 said:

Fearing an election loss, Trump allies push him to be less polarizing

Well, he's not listening to his "allies" as he's become more polarizing.

He could EASILY be re-elected just by curbing his most basic instincts (greed, self-promotion, racism, narcisism, lack of empathy....).

Not sure if he wants to lose on purpose, or is just unable to control himself?

The base is peeling away, with even elderly, white, non-college educated numers going down.

Even the Russian vote won't help him.

BTW, I'm a Marxist, a Graucho specifically.

Trump is a terrible politician who more often than not does and says things that are antithetical to his own political interest. This is why 2016 was such an epic humiliating defeat, and if somehow you manage to lose in 2020 it will amaze me if the farce of the Democratic party ever outlives the notoriety for centuries to come. You lost to a guy who doesn't give a damn whether he's president. Is that a problem? Yes! But mainly to people like me who don't particularly care for the guy, nor the Republican party in general, but find the Democratic party even more pestilential and the gutless wonders who support it.

Hmm, in 2020, who to vote for? A man with an obnoxious personality or an empty figurehead of a political party that thinks that open borders are a good idea for the prosperity of a country and that hereditary sin should have all white people licking boots, to name a scant few of the hysterias? I know, it's a difficult choice. The lesser of two evils and all that.

Edited by OZinPattaya
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

Hmm, in 2020, who to vote for? A man with an obnoxious personality or an empty figurehead of a political party that thinks that open borders are a good idea for the prosperity of a country and that hereditary sin should have all white people licking boots, to name a scant few of the hysterias? I know, it's a difficult choice. The lesser of two evils and all that.

The Trump administration has awarded a major border security contract to a California technology start-up that will use artificial intelligence on an unprecedented scale, pairing the president’s giant steel barrier with the kind of “virtual wall” long favored by Democrats to prevent illegal crossings from Mexico.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/trump-virtual-border-wall/2020/07/02/7b380490-b0ac-11ea-a567-6172530208bd_story.html

On 7/8/2020 at 4:34 AM, Morch said:

Other than in your rant, were any of the people singled out seriously mentioned as candidates for the posts listed? And even if they were, would they be at a disadvantage relative to the current office holders?

If you've never seem rights trampled, guess you missed the 60's and earlier. Not that after that all was dandy. But sure, whatever hyperbole serving the talking point of the day. And do go on about the "average person" - you know, the one who didn't vote for Trump, who doesn't go for either the current violence or the President's fanning of flames. Co opt these people, because anything goes when a partisan argument needs to be served as a message of false consensus.

I wasn't alive in the 60s I can only remember the tail end of the 80s so you are right. I did not vote for Trump either. Try reading my post without all of your preconceived notions of what you think an average Trump supporter is. 

As I said it isn't Biden that scares me. He actually was the driving force for gay rights and gay marriage. I guess you don't remember how the black community was opposed to the civil rights of others in the 90s right up until recent times.

It's the lunatics that he has to pander to that I worry about. You can be certain cabinet posts have been brokered to give Joe the nomination with no chaos at the convention. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

It's the lunatics that he has to pander to that I worry about. You can be certain cabinet posts have been brokered to give Joe the nomination with no chaos at the convention. 

Yet folks are running on blind hatred for Trump that they don't understand the consequences of biden winning.

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yet folks are running on blind hatred for Trump that they don't understand the consequences of biden winning.

Yea all that experience and teamwork would be just horrible oh the horrors lol 

• Like 2

I wasn't alive in the 60s I can only remember the tail end of the 80s so you are right. I did not vote for Trump either. Try reading my post without all of your preconceived notions of what you think an average Trump supporter is. 

As I said it isn't Biden that scares me. He actually was the driving force for gay rights and gay marriage. I guess you don't remember how the black community was opposed to the civil rights of others in the 90s right up until recent times.

So you want to feign ignorance about struggle for rights in the USA? That's your choice, but in doing so you just shot your own claim that the current situation is the worst. Worst compared to what, exactly?

I don't have preconceived notions about  Trump supporters. As for yourself, with over 4000 posts, many (if not most) expressing support for Trump or scorn for any opposition, there aren't many doubts.

You are yet to explain why you think Biden will have to pander to this or that group. You haven't provided any support for the claim that cabinet posts have been brokered, certainly not the list of names previously offered.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

2 members of the so-called "squad" offered some legislation, and in your mind, it;s both a done deal and got the full backing of their party? Me, I think more PR stunt than substance, but each to his own.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, Sujo said:

Well at least he did achieve something. He did build a wall, but it was around the whitehouse.

Cant actually think of anything he has achieved. No wall. No lock her up. No repeal and replace.

Do I need to use the "L" word? Some of the wall has been built, so what does that make you? I can only assume your "negative attitude" to everything Trump has made you overlook reality.

Another thing you willfully overlook is TWO ( that's right, TWO ) conservative judges in SCOTUS. If he hadn't done anything else that's a very big anything.

I could educate you as to all the things that Trump has done, but you can google as easily as I.

Trump already said long ago that he wasn't going to lock her up, after all. Pity, that.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2020 at 3:59 PM, DoctorG said:

It is hard to think of any truly inspirational leaders anywhere in the world at the moment. Nominations are now open. ????

IMO that's because politics is so poisonous that no sane person wants anything to do with it. Why would anyone that loves their family subject them to the media hatred? Nothing is off limits now. Doesn't matter how long ago it happened, anything that can embarrass is dredged up to humiliate the politician.

Society has got the politicians they deserve IMO.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

Your two talking point were addressed recently. Both debunked. Simply rehashing them, as if it's a first, is very Trumpian of you, but not conductive to actual discussion.

Some wall is built, two conservative judges on SCOTUS- those are facts and can't be "debunked, but keep deflecting by all means.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

2 members of the so-called "squad" offered some legislation, and in your mind, it;s both a done deal and got the full backing of their party? Me, I think more PR stunt than substance, but each to his own.

That is but a mere sample of what the crazies can come up with. You're being naïve if you don't take these extremists serious. 

• Haha 2