BANGKOK
webfact

THAI will only shed 5% of staff instead of 30%, promises rehab panel

They can't fire any ghost workers on the payroll or wives/mia nois of the bosses so maybe that's why they can only find 5% surplus workers!

Posted (edited)

Most of the ground and support staff are outsourced and have/will lose their jobs. What they are really meaning is reducing the members of the labor union, which includes all the cabin crews. I wonder if they will start asking cabin crews to start working gates and counters...

Edited by watboy

Makes perfect sense to me most well run airlines are cutting staff by 40% plus so obviously Thai only need to reduce by 5% as long as the 5% are the current ex military directors save a fortune 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

and so the 'joke of a company' continues in it's own merry way losing yet more money

Yep and it seems to me they are determined to ignore, put a mask over, and skirt around their massive multi faceted problems and issues.

Where's the folks who got Thai removed as a gov't sponsored enterprise and seemed to make gains in some initial comments about moving the company into administration process? What happened?

Now staff reduction changed from 40% to 5%. How can this be? Further I guess the 35% now not being let go are being paid salaries. What for, what value are they adding by remaining at the airline?

Where's the PM, why isn't a senior minister watching this carefully and intervening by yelling very loudly at the clingers who refuse to see that it's a massively failed enterprise and to some extent caused by the overall poor attitude of their staff?  

• Like 1

Heck.. bring it on... the more the mismanagement and waste of government money the more likely the eventual fall in the Baht....

As long as that 5% is at the top end of hanger ons, executives who just take perks, army officials abusing their position, board members - way too many, and anyone else who is there for a free ride. If those go, maybe, just maybe, Thai could be good again!!

No Thai government would want to go down in history as the execution squad for Thai Air

If everyone boycotts Thai Air, including the Thai people  this company will be gone in a year.

Remember that the next times you fly. I will not fly with them again.

Geezer

They have no clue how to run an airline 😂