BANGKOK
bolt

Approval to return July

Hi Guys

I thought I’d start this, as I’ve already submitted my application to my Thai embassy of residence, I’m in UAE Abu Dhabi and I’m waiting on a reply about getting back to see the wife.

·         Can anyone post if they have applied.

·         if anyone has approval.

·         Government approved hotels. (who has booked any of these yet), I have pre booked 3 for costs purposes, but waiting on confirmation they are approved

·         Health insurance mentioning COVID_19 and to that value of $100K

Lets hope someone has approval

some websites 

http://hsscovid.com

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/51825

Emb Announcement on- spouse &children.pdf Declaration Form.doc Fit to Fly BLANK.pdf Hotels list State-Quarnatine-100663.pdf

I am in the process of applying. No approval yet. The Thai embassy has been very cooperative, although the precise requirements have not come through from Bangkok yet, by their own admission.

I'll be booking into the Movenpick. They have been very cooperative. 

Health insurance - I'm not sure what the validity is supposed to be? Any idea? $100k USD is excessive. 1m THB would be sufficient. No Thai hospital is that expensive.

Applied on June 12th via online and via by mail. Still waiting, nothing from the Washington DC embassy. Called today to check they said theres no update on the COE and they don't have an estimate when it'll be done. They said the decision comes from Thailand not from them. They told me I shouldn't book a flight or ASQ until that COE is approved. 

28 minutes ago, Wars said:

Applied on June 12th via online and via by mail. Still waiting, nothing from the Washington DC embassy. Called today to check they said theres no update on the COE and they don't have an estimate when it'll be done. They said the decision comes from Thailand not from them. They told me I shouldn't book a flight or ASQ until that COE is approved. 

What do you mean with COE and ASQ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Puccini said:

CEO is certificate of entry ???

ASQ is Approved State Quarantine Hotels 

we can also choose from Alternative Hotels, provided they comply 

please see

hsscovid.com for more information 

Hotels list State-Quarnatine-100663.pdf

Edited by bolt

2 hours ago, SGD said:

My wife has been on to the Thai embassy in London every day and they are useless.

The latest deciphering of their gibberish is that all this talk about a list, getting permission etc. is only related to repatriation flights and has nothing to do with regular scheduled flights.

Yesterday, Qatar airways started flights back to Thailand, my wife is scheduled to fly next week. There is zero clear guidance, on any matter, from a truly authoritative source which can be trusted, yet I will bet none of those on that flight from Doha yesterday were holding any "special permit" from an overseas consulate.

So where is the real truth, not Facebook interpretation, not some half understandable Google translation of "cuddling" but a real lawful and up to date English language notice of what rules are in place today.

Qatar and Cathay, among other airlines, run daily flights into BKK. But neither carry passengers in yet, only out. I think they're waiting for confirmation from the Thai authorities on what their processing capacity will be each day and the criteria for passengers. After this is clear they'll open up those flights, I think.

This is Thai policy making on the fly. It will take a number of days for the reality to catch up with the new regulations.

3 hours ago, PatrickC said:

I am in the process of applying. No approval yet. The Thai embassy has been very cooperative, although the precise requirements have not come through from Bangkok yet, by their own admission.

I'll be booking into the Movenpick. They have been very cooperative. 

Health insurance - I'm not sure what the validity is supposed to be? Any idea? $100k USD is excessive. 1m THB would be sufficient. No Thai hospital is that expensive.

Clarified the 100k insurance has to be the entire duration of your stay

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, PatrickC said:

the criteria for passengers. After this is clear they'll open up those flights, I think.

The criteria for the passengers is clear.

It's hard to say what's going on behind the scenes.

There will be no regular flights in July - only repatriation flights.

It seems the qualifying foreigners will be allowed onto those flights.

But will that actually happen? There were no reports (at least on TV) of anyone's application being approved yet.

Edited by unheard

7 hours ago, bolt said:

CEO is certificate of entry ???

ASQ is Approved State Quarantine Hotels 

we can also choose from Alternative Hotels, provided they comply 

please see

hsscovid.com for more information 

Hotels list State-Quarnatine-100663.pdfUnavailable

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Posted in error.

Edited by Puccini
deleted my post

12 hours ago, Puccini said:

alternative state quarantine Is ASQ

and Certificate of Entry is COE.  

Removed an off-topic post.

Please circulate of post if we hear of anyone getting approval, the holidays are coming up so maybe after the 7th July 

14 hours ago, unheard said:

The criteria for the passengers is clear.

It's hard to say what's going on behind the scenes.

There will be no regular flights in July - only repatriation flights.

It seems the qualifying foreigners will be allowed onto those flights.

But will that actually happen? There were no reports (at least on TV) of anyone's application being approved yet.

I have been told by the Thai embassy that foreigners will be allowed on "cargo flights". I presume this is flights such as with Cathay Pacific or Qatar, which run cargo into Bangkok and passengers out. 

It is incorrect to say there are no regular flights. There are most certainly regular flights in, with above carriers among others. They simply are not allowed to carry passengers, yet.

But yes - the date from which this will all start to happen - all TBD.