Extension of Stay (15th time) O/A visa at Ratchaburi Immigrations

When to Ratchaburi Immigration this morning at 8:50 am after going to the bank to get my documents from them.  I was the only application in the office.  Was finish and out by 9:20 am.  Talk to the clerk about next month and he knew it will be a mad house.  Wish every year was like this.

Did you really enter on a OA visa and have been extending that entry or are you calling a extension of stay based upon retirement a OA visa.

If you were really on an extension of a OA visa entry they could of asked for insurance.

9 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Joe I done an extension of stay from the original O/A 15th times.   I would have gone to HCMC and applied for an O visa for marriage but as everyone knows the situation,

So presumably Ratchaburi turned a blind eye to the fact that you hadn't taken out a TGIA-approved mandatory health insurance policy. Did they make clear to you whether this was a one-off dispensation from this requirement on their part in your case, given that you were unable to travel to Hoh Chi Minh City for a fresh non-O in order to void the original non-OA?

Edited by OJAS

20 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Joe I done an extension of stay from the original O/A 15th times.   I would have gone to HCMC and applied for an O visa for marriage but as everyone knows the situation,

But you still need an officially accepted Thai health insurance if you really had an initial O-A Visa. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

so a real helpful post/thread full of no information that would help others

The post was to let people know had a very easy time getting my extension done. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

But you still need an officially accepted Thai health insurance if you really had an initial O-A Visa. 

Of course I did but that wasn't the topic.  Now you question me like your the police if I did or did not have an initial O/A visa.  Anyone with enough sense know if you had an O/A visa you need health insurance.    But you really want to know if I did.  Stop trying to act like the cops.  If I need help I will call my lawyer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

12 hours ago, OJAS said:

So presumably Ratchaburi turned a blind eye to the fact that you hadn't taken out a TGIA-approved mandatory health insurance policy. Did they make clear to you whether this was a one-off dispensation from this requirement on their part in your case, given that you were unable to travel to Hoh Chi Minh City for a fresh non-O in order to void the original non-OA?

In a later reply OP said that he originally wanted to apply for the 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage in the thai consulate at HoChiMin City.

So he could have applied at his local Ratchaburi IO for the 1-year extension based on his Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of marriage, and in that case there is no requirement for the thai IO-approved health insurance policy.

Note > But OP is one of those a##holes that post their 'helpful experience', but when getting legitimate questions belittle or insult.  He's on my Ignore list...

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 2

I have O-A visa. It is second year so bought before medical insurance requirements for O-As came in.

I have been doing 90 day reports pre Coronavirus over the last  year without problems.

My O-A runs out in August. Normally, I would go back to my home country for new visa. However in view of flight and quarantine problems. I have decided to stay in Thailand for another year.

i have Pacific Cross medical insurance and 800,000 untouched in Thai bank. Just before O-A expires in August I plan to go to my local immigration office and apply for an extension of stay (retirement).

My last 90 day report was due on 21st June. As I understand it, the 90 day report is granted automatically, without my physically attending the office to get the stamp in my passport.

I have never used online reporting as I am not technically minded and anyway prefer to deal face to face with Immigration and get the stamp.

My question: how long does this automatic cover by Immigration on 90 day reporting  go on for? Does it end, for instance on 31st July or should I be going to Immigration today or on Monday to get thelatest stamp? 

Edited by Ginger Tea

G'day @Ginger Tea the 90 day reporting amnesty finishes on 31 July.

You can apply for your extension of stay 30 days before your O-A visa expiry date. So I think you could pop into the IO right now to avoid any crowds, do the 90 day to give yourself some breathing space should extra requirements arise.

When you say 90 day "Stamp".....do you mean your TM 47 paper slip? (see attachment)

For the record: I also believe you may have to liaise with Pacific Cross and update your policy to align with your actual day of extension; though others say the date of application. I'm sure those with a much broader knowledge base than me will be along; but a trip to immigration to test the waters and ask what's what could be a wise move imo. All the best......

IMG_20200703_160256.jpg

Edited by UncleMhee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ginger Tea

1 - Your understanding re 90-day reporting during Amnesty is correct.  Your 90-day report due date which was 21 June has been automatically extended, so no need to go to IO (you would be too late anyway).   In the week(s) before the Amnesty will end (31 July unless it is extended), Immigration will issue an announcement on how to deal with 90-day reporting.  In order to avoid a massive stampede to IOs once the Amnesty is over, it is almost sure that they will simply consider your last 90-day report as being 'done' on the due date.  And that would mean that your next 90-day report due date after the Amnesty would be 19 September (90 days after 21 July).

2 -  As @UncleMhee mentioned > It would be advisable to contact your local IO and enquire what practice they use re the thai IO-approved health-insurance requirement.  Some IOs require that the policy start-date is aligned with your new 1-year permission to stay, and that both start on same day.  Other IOs want that the policy is active before your present permission to stay expires (so that would mean letting the policy start on the last day of your present permission to stay), and still others want the policy to be active on the date of application.  Since that would result in you losing days of your permission to stay as it will be capped to the expiry date of the 1-year HI-policy, it would be a matter of applying as late as possible and ensuring that the policy starts on that application date, in order to avoid losing too many days of your new permission to stay.

Since you already have a health-insurance policy with PacificCross, it is recommended to check with your PC contact person whether:

- Your policy is an accepted policy by IO for extension of your original Non Imm O-A Visa (some of the PC policies are not IO-approved for purpose of O-A extension)

- To provide you with a Health-Insurance Certificate certifying that your policy meets the IO requirements of 400K/40K in-patient/out-patient coverage

- To request that PC uploads the data of your policy in the TGIA database which will be consulted by your local IO when applying for the 1-year extension, to check whether the data on the Health Insurance Certificate that has to be provided by PC to you, are compliant with the your policy data in the database.

>> Also it is almost certain that PC will have to change the start date of your already existing annual policy, to align it with the period of your new permission to stay (see higher).

• Thanks 2

On 7/3/2020 at 10:49 AM, Mango Bob said:

Of course I did but that wasn't the topic.  Now you question me like your the police if I did or did not have an initial O/A visa.  Anyone with enough sense know if you had an O/A visa you need health insurance.    But you really want to know if I did.  Stop trying to act like the cops.  If I need help I will call my lawyer.

Well Chief Detective Superintendent OJAS has 1 further question for you, then. Was the visa which you originally used to enter Thailand of the non-OA or non-O variety? Chief Detective Superintendent OJAS hereby demands a straight and immediate answer to this question in pursuance of his enquiries on the crucial matter of whether or not TGIA-approved health insurance was required in your case.

Edited by OJAS
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 9:29 AM, 5633572526 said:

Like many others here however this one provides a little humor and fun to read ????

All I can say is that your definition of humour in this particular instance at least appears to differ somewhat from mine.

• Like 1

Uhhh

Joe I done an extension of stay from the original O/A 15th times.

Now you question me like your the police if I did or did not have an initial O/A visa.  Anyone with enough sense know if you had an O/A visa you need health insurance. 

Actually, I think you're bananas, not mangoes. Why can't you just answer the question and not waste our time......?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

Well Chief Detective Superintendent OJAS has 1 further question for you, then. Was the visa which you originally used to enter Thailand of the non-OA or non-O variety? Chief Detective Superintendent OJAS hereby demands a straight and immediate answer to this question in pursuance of his enquiries on the crucial matter of whether or not TGIA-approved health insurance was required in your case.

Your honor may I first speak with my lawyer on this matter?  I have been informed to tell you I first stated out long  long time ago on an O/A visa.  I now have one year from the expire date of my last extension of stay.  I have a 100% approved TGIA health insurance.  Why your honor>  Because I could not leave the country.  No flights and no border runs.  If I could leave and most likely would not have gotten back into the country without covid-19 testing and insurance $100,000.  I also did not want an OA for marriage or in any form as the one who said he ignore me suggested.  I only hope this is over by next year and I can go get my new visa.  I also don't care what anyone else thinks, this is my decision not anyone else.  So don't give me any advice.  Thank you Your honor.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mango Bob said:

I have a 100% approved TGIA health insurance.  

Wish you had directly said that numerous posts earlier as that is what everyone wanted you to clarify. 

• Like 2