Pattaya: Walking Street mostly shut and foreigners not following the social distancing rules

webfact

15 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

I watched a few bars on webcam sites last night and can conclude one appeared rammed with Thai's and two farangs sitting on bar stools in another????

'rammed with Thai's'  Was that part of a live sex show?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Maybe the media should go and visit a couple of markets. Ones I saw yesterday were absolutely heaving and zero social distancing going on. 

I live upcountry, and go several times a week in different markets; no distancing, yes, but every body wears a mask: at the entrance, signs in Thai which say that  people with no mask can't enter the market and I can tell you, there are people who check it 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The media had little to say except that foreigners were not following the social distancing rules at all well.

If so it does not matter if it´s Thais or foreigners. If can´t keep up with the rules, just shut it down again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Maybe the media should go and visit a couple of markets. Ones I saw yesterday were absolutely heaving and zero social distancing going on. But then again the media do love to take any excuse to stick their knives into our back.

that will be nothing if the restricted border opening results in increased communal spread, then we'll all have a target on us..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

that will be nothing if the restricted border opening results in increased communal spread, then we'll all have a target on us..

If by us you mean Cambodians and Burmese, maybe, because everyone else is going into quarantine on arrival and so far the limited land border openings are only for citizens of the two countries (Thailand and the neighboring one) with limited categories of individuals permitted to cross.

• Like 1

Reason number 23 to avoid going out for the foreseeable future (the 22 other ones being the rules they have for bars and entertainment venues to operate). With this nonsense and treatment of adults like children continuing despite having read that social distancing restrictions are supposed to have eased starting this month, I wouldn't go to a bar now if someone paid me.

Maybe next month (or later) after the stupid emergency decree goes. By the looks of it, the emergency decree is what's keeping masks on and other silly little rules enforced for the time being. That said, they might be slowly trying to ease these rules during the decree, but so far I continue to read stories of how the authorities are wasting their resources on treating the Thai population like cattle. No wonder no one wants to go out and if they do - they choose remote places or villages where you don't have spying eyes on you all the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aforek said:

I live upcountry, and go several times a week in different markets; no distancing, yes, but every body wears a mask: at the entrance, signs in Thai which say that  people with no mask can't enter the market and I can tell you, there are people who check it 

Well that market isn't in Udon, mate. Big percentage without mask, and the markets never closed through the whole event. Even in Central Plaza, many people have the masks under their chin, staff and customers. 

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Maybe the media should go and visit a couple of markets. Ones I saw yesterday were absolutely heaving and zero social distancing going on. But then again the media do love to take any excuse to stick their knives into our back.

Quite right, take a look around any market indoors or outdoors in my neck of the woods & see Thais in their droves not wearing masks or social distancing, driving around on motorcycles no mask.

Also last night the first day of bars being allowed to open, there's one 200 yards from my home, opens at 6pm with minimal food available, live band cranks up at 9pm to midnight.

The amplifier is turned up so that the whole neighbourhood can hear it, and yes, a popular band that played last night has a signature song that it plays, the chorus of course is sung by the customers...

you could hear the singing and cat-calls ringing out.
I thought that was on the banned list?

• Like 2

This isn't an accurate article!  I happened to be there last night at 9:00 pm right across from Club 808 or lower level the Candy Store it is right across from the entrance to Soi Diamond.

Yes, it was pretty much the only place opened toward the Beach Road entrance while I was standing across from the place just looking at the people inside what I noticed first was there was a live Band playing although it has a plastic screen in floor I remember reading there wasn't suppose to be any live entertainment but even before I got to W.S. I saw a half dozen places around town having bands on 2nd Road and Soi Buakhao.

The place was busy perfect social distancing hell no nor I've seen it anywhere some were wearing mask but mostly not the highest number that were wearing were the waitress. 

Around 25 officer rush up to the entrance you can see there were one or two big shot BIB you can tell because had those curl up hats they wear and all his ATTA BOYS were rushing around him to make sure he had a clear path to walk while all the cameras followed. They all went inside non of the customer seem to concern I just wonder was the club going to be closed down?  10 minutes later they all came out cameras still following the leaders they went across into Soi Diamond to the first bar it was opened but had no customer the leaders started to talk to the two ladies behind the bar while talking the camera continue to film. Sure there were violations but it just seem they were just out tonight not to enforce but to take some nice picture!????????

No tits or ass down at W.S. for me just nice entertainment from the BIB night out.

• Thanks 1