North east: Two dead as pick-up split in two after collision with truck trailer - rain blamed

webfact

North east: Two dead as pick-up split in two after collision with truck trailer - rain blamed

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded indicated that rain was a contributing factor after a collision between a pick-up and a truck trailer left a couple dead in Thailand's north east yesterday.

Nong Bua Lamphu Muang district police were called after the Hino truck on its way to Udon was hit head on by a four door Ford pick-up that slid on road surface water into the path of the truck.

The pick-up was left split in two beside a market area on Route 210 between Nong Bua Lamphu and Udon Thani. 

9pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The couple in the pick-up were cut out and rushed to hospital but died from their injuries. They were named as driver Phitak, 37, and passenger Rung-arun, 38, both from Udon. 

Chakrit, 23, the driver of the truck said that he was passing the market in his empty vehicle. He was unable to brake in time after the pick-up travelling in the opposite direction skidded on surface water and careened into his path. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-02

Last drove there on Sunday.

Slightly down/uphill.

Likely pickup going down.

Traffic into/out from the market area.

Needs attention!

But whom do I tell.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

'I have big hansum All Terrain nobbly tyres on my pick up, lain is no plomlem for me.'

What is aquaplaning........R.I.P. to the innocent passenger and uneducated driver. Two more to add to July figures.

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Two dead as pick-up split in two after collision with truck trailer - rain blamed

What a joke ,RIP to the people that died.  

There's No excuse for this Accident ,No accident just plain stupid driving Without thinking about the Road condition in Foul weather . 

What are the thinking Blame the Weather and it All Will be Ok, Sorry That ain't gonna cut it.

This is ridiculous....  the rain causes so many problems in Thailand, with failing electrics, street floods, flooded klongs carrying the litter, plastics and pollution into the sea and of course causing cars, lorries and busses to skid and crash..... 

It's about time the Government banned rain.....

Edited by richard_smith237

On 7/3/2020 at 9:31 AM, Road Warrior said:

pity thai drivers are not aware to reduce speeding in rainy road conditions , they will never change !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find most Thai drivers reduce their speed quite considerably in rain. Don't paint everyone with the sins of the manic few.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

I find most Thai drivers reduce their speed quite considerably in rain. Don't paint everyone with the sins of the manic few.

I thought the opposite, it's all this stuff that adds up to the LOS daft road carnage...