Student lap top update

Shot

Without getting into brand, type, etc, we bought two lap tops and we are very happy with our purchase. I won't say where we bought them, but it's a Big Company well know in Thailand. Long story short, the sales woman insisted the computers didn't come with W10 Home, even though it clearly listed W10 Home on the sales card, which I showed her. She got a bit flustered, and told me it was only a trial version of W10 Home, that would expire and stop working in one month, but she could install a full version of W10 Pro for only 600 Baht/each computer. Now, I ain't no Bill Gates Jr. but I'm pretty sure W10 Pro cost's a lot more than 600 Baht. I had her get two boxes out the back room, double checked the factory box label for W10 Home, bought them, got them home and they work great with fully installed from the factory W10 Home.

23 hours ago, tiocfaidh said:

In this instance I doubt she was trying to hoodwink you, I think she was confused or maybe lost in translation.

Hmmmm...perhaps if she thought he was referring to Microsoft Office.

But since she mentioned Windows 10 Pro for 600 baht...

Though perhaps she was used to PCs coming without Windows installed, as it used to be prevalent and hadn't updated her knowledge.

But I am going to come down on the side of scam, since it seems unlikely they would use a legitimate product key for Windows in the first place.

Scam either way.