Malaysia border

Hi.

Just a quickie. 

Does anyone know the current status at the Malaysian land border.

Is it open to permit Thai nationals wishing to visit friends in Malaysia and will be returning after about a week?

If closed. Any clues as to when it may reopen?

Many thanks

All land borders are closed, except for repatriations coordinated with the relevant Embassy.

No idea when this will change.

In addition I am not sure that Malaysia is allowing tourist entries. And there is  a 14 day quarantine requirement for all foreign arrivals,.

This is not the time to think about making any international visits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 1:39 PM, drbeach said:

About the Malaysian border specifically, in the absence of a "travel bubble" concluded with Thailand earlier, the consensus seems to be the earliest re-opening may take place on September 1.

Why do you specify September 1st is this based on malaysian government rules or opinion please?

If you have a link be obliged , thank you.

I realize teh land border may not re open but could arrive by air from Incheon if there are no quarantine restrictions, Im happy to be tested poked m, charged but unwilling to pay for a fortnight at a resort if banged up like a prisoner

On 7/14/2020 at 2:46 PM, RubbaJohnny said:

Why do you specify September 1st is this based on malaysian government rules or opinion please?

If you have a link be obliged , thank you.

I realize teh land border may not re open but could arrive by air from Incheon if there are no quarantine restrictions, Im happy to be tested poked m, charged but unwilling to pay for a fortnight at a resort if banged up like a prisoner

Yes their "movement control order" ends August 31 at this stage. This means no foreigners until Sep 1, except categories allowed to enter (similar to Thailand). And yes quarantine is in effect for now.

If you don't want to do quarantine please consider waiting a few months.

Archived