When are we gonna apologise to Anutin?

Pravda

And I also have something to say about the assumption that "westerners" are not wearing masks in Europe/USA. This couldn't be further from the truth:

Many European countries made them mandatory, early on in the crisis:

Czech Republic on Mar 16 (slightly loosened the requirement to wear them outdoors starting May 25)

Austria (public transport and shops)

Slovakia (similar to Czech Republic)

Romania (when out in public, slightly loosened recently)

Poland - strictly enforced everywhere until a vaccine is available (yes, that's what they're saying!) although in my opinion in a few months they'll probably loosen the requirements anyway as there is no guarantee a vaccine will even happen

France (public transport, since June 10)

Spain (most public spaces where social distancing is not possible)
Italy (ditto)

UK (public transport and shops) - reportedly not very strictly enforced though

Russia (public transport and shops in Moscow and possibly other cities too)

North America:

USA - many states and increasing numbers of them. Also, many stores such as Costco (even in states where they're not required otherwise) and all domestic airline flights.

Canada - new requirements to enter into force in at least one province on July 7 and to remain in place until September 30.

Only a few major western countries have NEVER recommended them and few people are wearing them: Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Finland.

Therefore, there is every indication that the USA and Canada (among others) could be still wearing masks when Asians no longer are. Already in China, some places have removed mask mandates (according to a local friend). In Vietnam, they're still in force, but no longer seem to be strictly enforced except maybe on board flights, some urban public transport and public buildings, but not when walking out on the street...a big contrast to April.

Myanmar - mask mandates came into force quite late (May 13) and are being strictly enforced, probably until the end of the month.

In western countries you have a very polarized public perception now - some very fearful pro-maskers and then the pro-freedom "anti-maskers". The latter is receiving a lot of news coverage by the biased mainstream media, hence the perception many Asians and westerners who see no issue with governments taking a heavy handed approach to this crisis that westerners don't like wearing them because "freedom" but in reality, this is far from the truth. It's not that black and white.

A friend in Florida (he used to live in Thailand) says that around him 99% of people are wearing masks. Well, around me in Thailand, fewer than 50% are and that has been the case for several weeks now. So who's actually more fearful?

Edited by drbeach
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Only a few major western countries have NEVER recommended them and few people are wearing them: Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Finland.

I see a pattern there .. low population density except in big cities. Sweden of course screwed it up by not doing social distancing, which is the part that really matters.

The only thing that needs apologising is from the retard Anutin. It was one person. One person!! <deleted>!! He caused a wave of paranoia against 'ferrangs' because of that. Get in the real world????????????????????????????????

"Rightfully blamed Westerners for refusing them. Let's face it.... we are just dirty."

What, the fact that some foreigners don't wear face masks means that we don't shower and have bad habits?

""Despite the health minister’s insistence on wearing face masks, the World Health Organization suggested that it is not required for individuals without respiratory symptoms since “it may cost unnecessary cost and false sense of security.”

Embarassing."

As you say it was the advice of the WHO.

Having said that, I think that although he's a little turnip, he was possibly correct on face masks. After wearing one for a while, especially riding my bicycle, I find myself very short of breath, which means that the mask's restricting my air intake. I figure that the less air that gets through the material, the less risk of inhaling the virus. I could be wrong.