Tak village told to get ready for tourists arriving for sea of mist

webfact

Tak village told to get ready for tourists arriving for sea of mist

By THE NATION

800_697cc291bda1530.jpg?v=1593676097

Village chiefs and people living near the “Mon Mork Tawan”, a misty hill made popular among local tourists via social media, have been advised to prepare for an influx of travellers by setting clear guidelines on traffic control and waste disposal.

Jariyatorn Soohoo, director of Tourism Authority of Thailand’s office in Tak province, recently visited Ban Pawai village along with representatives of Tak Tourism Business Trade Association and the provincial Chamber of Commerce to discuss these concerns with the village chief.

Mon Mork Tawan, located in Phop Phra district, covers 50 rai and stands at 1,100 metres above sea level.

1593659291_1.jpg

People at the Ban Pawai village are mostly farmers, and the hill in their village has become famous for its sea of mist at sunrise and sunset.

Chariyaton advised the village chief to make space for the parking of cars and motorcycles, adding that traffic routes, waste and tourist attractions need to be managed. He also told the chief to ensure tourists are safe and suggested that local guides should be made ready to show people around.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390666

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-02

2 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

Am I missing something, where is this influx of travellers coming from!

With a population of 68 millions people there is quite a large number of local tourists. And they are encouraged by the military government to visit local tourist attractions.  When the general say, "love your country, visit the local tourist attractions to boost our economy". They all listen and do it. Why? Because they had been indoctrinated since school days to listen to the government. Don't forget there is a propaganda machine in the government to get them in line. You step out of line, you are stubborn, you will go to prison. Same, same in China the world biggest police state. What? You really think Thailand is a democratic country? Oh, something is not quite right here.

My friend said- why don't you visit China? I told him I am living in a small police state do I really have to visit a bigger police state?

Do you farangs love your country? Do you love Trump your president? No, Thais never ask such questions because they can't see beyond their hard life. They slough their guts out for peanuts so after work they are so tired they just want to sit around TV and drink some beers. Beer is still cheap, is a poor consolation for these poor souls.

One day when all these poor working people realise they had been deprived of their last bahts there will be a revolution.

• Like 1