Health checks hit Bangla on first night of reopening

webfact

Health checks hit Bangla on first night of reopening 

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1593668429_1-org.jpg

Public health officials and law enforcement officers inspected the pubs and bars along Bangla Rd, patong, last night (July 1). Photo: Phuket COIVD-19 Incident Command Centre

PHUKET: Public health officials led by Phuket Vice Governor Phichet Panaphong inspected bars and other nightlife venues along Bangla Rd in Patong last night as the popular street enjoyed its first night reopening since the island went under lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Joining the inspection were officers from the Patong Police and Patong Municipality, including Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup.

V/Gov Phichet noted that the venues inspected were complying with at least the basic COVID-19 protection measures, including checking body temperatures of those entering the venues, ensuring patrons were were face masks and registering their attendance through the Thai Chana web platform, and that alcohol-based hand sanitiser was available for people to cleanse their hands.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/health-checks-hit-bangla-on-first-night-of-reopening -76578.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-07-02

Had the good intention to visit but when seeing all the Uniforms at the western entrance (beach road ) I changed mind. Definitely not an inviting atmosphere they created but eager to show off who is in charge.

• Like 2

2 without masks, one holding it on for show yet...!

V/Gov Phichet noted that the venues inspected were complying with at least the basic COVID-19 protection measures, including checking body temperatures of those entering the venues, ensuring patrons were were face masks

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Had the good intention to visit but when seeing all the Uniforms at the western entrance (beach road ) I changed mind. Definitely not an inviting atmosphere they created but eager to show off who is in charge.

I will be going to Bangla tonight to eat in one of my favourite restaurants and to have a look around, so will be interesting to see what is going on.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 12:37 PM, xylophone said:

I will be going to Bangla tonight to eat in one of my favourite restaurants and to have a look around, so will be interesting to see what is going on.

Have posted about my visit in, "Patong-The Wake".

• Like 1