Track days at Thailands circuits?

Tagged

9 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If you are near BIRA it used to be every Monday for bikes. Not sure what the new normal is?

Sounds promissing, but could not find any lately information if there is any activity there now? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tagged said:

Sounds promissing, but could not find any lately information if there is any activity there now? 

That's why I said if you are near there. Then go on a Monday between 9:00 and 12:00 and have a look. Not everything in life can be solved sat in front of a computer.

I suppose whether you want to ride around on your own of with others.

Edited by VocalNeal

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

That's why I said if you are near there. Then go on a Monday between 9:00 and 12:00 and have a look. Not everything in life can be solved sat in front of a computer.

I suppose whether you want to ride around on your own of with others.

Most planning have to be done in front of computers these days ???? But I will take your word and go and see if I can ride. Do you know if we need a check out, safety course or anything that prove you are allowed to ride on the tracks? 

We will also go to Bira since they are open every day the morning for bikes. So we are getting some intel by sitting in front of the Ipad to save some few km and days on hotels to find out where and when ????

I used to go to Thailand Circuit in Nakhon Chaisri. Quite a small technical circuit but very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thailand+Circuit+Nakhornchaisri/@13.9102661,100.165358,16z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sthailand+circuit!3m4!1s0x0:0xd0b4af04fa0d70bb!8m2!3d13.9111897!4d100.1675516

I actually prefer off road now. Riding around a road track I was always acutely aware that a small mistake (by me or someone else on the circuit) could result in massive injury and hundreds of thousands of Baht cost. Off road you can still get hurt obviously, but the speeds are slower and the ground is softer while the fun is greater IMO.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Pre Covid. Every Monday morning. Now?

8 hours ago, elephantwithtrexarms said:

Feeling like I really need to get out of the house after this last stint in Bangkok semi quarantine

Go and have a look?

Edited by VocalNeal

• 2 years later...

I've been searching for the same thing. Unfortunately it seems like there aren't many people interested. Specifically because of the heat. I guess some people don't want to "melt"????

I found this group, but the person who organizes them is on "bed rest".

https://bkkryd.com

As for Bira Circuit, seems  like there are track days, but doesn't seem to be many people attending. It would be nice if 20-30 people were there to make it a fun event. 

Last time I was there a couple of weeks ago, I only saw 10 bikes.

https://bira.co.th/reserved/

I just picked up a new bike and am "dying" to get out to the track.