List of ‘travel bubble’ countries finalised today ahead of Aug reopening

webfact

I have also just checked the U.K FCO advice and yes Thailand restrictions have been lifted, great new for tourists with travel insurance, although I suspect the Thai gov will try as usual to fleece the tourists by saying that your travel insurance does not cover C19 in Thailand. 

Bad news for the the bailout of Thai Airways, nobody unless they have more money than sense will pay the prices they are asking for a return trip in August, ( see my earlier post, I think on page 9)

7 minutes ago, Anna Rak said:

I have also just checked the U.K FCO advice and yes Thailand restrictions have been lifted, great new for tourists with travel insurance, although I suspect the Thai gov will try as usual to fleece the tourists by saying that your travel insurance does not cover C19 in Thailand. 

Bad news for the the bailout of Thai Airways, nobody unless they have more money than sense will pay the prices they are asking for a return trip in August, ( see my earlier post, I think on page 9)

what the UK FCO doe is irrelevant while thailand struggles to get into a position to be able to accept tourists again.

38 minutes ago, Anna Rak said:

Wait, so except from travel to Thailand, but returning requires 14 day Quaratine??  

Please can someone explain?

7 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The real fact is China is neither America or Europe they are first and foremost a Communist country if you ever lived there which I have don't let the cheap products being made make you think differently. That being said when they say we are shutting down it is shut down and it isn't that the people are listening as you noted yourself it is more " obey " that is the difference between China and mainly the rest of the world.

Regardless of China being an Communist country I do believe they have a lower rate although they aren't giving the whole truth they are lower for the reason I noted above. When it comes to China and the rest of the world we are comparing Apple and Oranges.  Good or bad at times having too much Freedom and Democracy can be a bad thing because of that the pandemic is going to be here for a long time. China will be the first to get the vaccine since they are ahead of stealing the information and testing without any of the FDA mandates currently on their prison population if they make it through the testing their sentence is reduced?????

China is testing a vaccine or two/three on their military, not the prison population.

Developed by Chinese laboratories.

Edited by Traubert

55 minutes ago, Traubert said:

China is testing a vaccine or two/three on their military, not the prison population.

Developed by Chinese laboratories.

Your really believe that? maybe you also believe that the Chinese are treating those Muslims 1 million with kit gloves and those prisons aren't running a factory for human organs my cousins living here needing a Kidney transplant couldn't get one here but had no problem flying to China to buy one or the Doctor who sounded the alarm was given a Steak dinner and then let go? Maybe you can tell me have they found the women Doctor who also whistle blow.

I guess you also believe China that the U.S. military planted the Virus!  You kind of naive have you ever even been to China?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

Wait, so except from travel to Thailand, but returning requires 14 day Quaratine??  

Please can someone explain?

Read the u.k. gov advice, some 50+ country's  don't have to quarantine including Vietnam (which must be killing the pr**ks in the Thai gov) but some countries although the u.k. has lifted travel restrictions still have to quarantine on arrival in the U.K.

I would hazard a guess that should the countries allow u.k. passport holders in without restrictions the 14 day quarantine would be removed. BTW quarantine includes BP holders from Thailand, If you can get out.

19 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Your really believe that? maybe you also believe that the Chinese are treating those Muslims 1 million with kit gloves and those prisons aren't running a factory for human organs my cousins living here needing a Kidney transplant couldn't get one here but had no problem flying to China to buy one or the Doctor who sounded the alarm was given a Steak dinner and then let go? Maybe you can tell me have they found the women Doctor who also whistle blow.

I guess you also believe China that the U.S. military planted the Virus!  You kind of naive have you ever even been to China?????

What is there not to be believed?

It's not so difficult to develop a test build of a vaccine, especially with western know-how (from Canada in this case). India has done it, Thailand has done it.

The lies usually start when you publish the results after tests: you hide side effects,  you exaggerate efficiency.

3 hours ago, uhuh said:

What is there not to be believed?

It's not so difficult to develop a test build of a vaccine, especially with western know-how (from Canada in this case). India has done it, Thailand has done it.

The lies usually start when you publish the results after tests: you hide side effects,  you exaggerate efficiency.

You missing the conversation!   Let me fill you in o.k.  I said China was testing so call vaccine on their prison population willing or unwillingly guy return said Chinese was testing vaccine on their soldiers.  I responded with " you believe " get with the conversation!

On 7/4/2020 at 2:25 AM, AndrewMciver said:

The UK has made a huge fiasco of protecting it's elderly population. Basically old people in hospital (there for non covid reasons) were rushed back into care homes, meanwhile they probably contracted the virus from someone in the hospital. Then on top of that no restrictions were placed on those visiting people in care homes. And very few tests done on staff or on the actual people in the elderly home. Huge fiasco. 

Same for the US. Even worse in US they rushed elderly who were mostly recovered from covid back to nursing homes to clear hospital beds to end up spreading the virus and killing both workers with poor ppe and residents.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

I didn't find any recent data with Google.

I found bad stories 20+ years ago, but it was in previous century...

BTW I found data of UK right now testing vaccine on prisoners... :whistling:

The covid vaccine is currently being tested on Chinese soldiers/military 

I'm pretty sure you've made a mistake on the UK testing prisoners though.

If Thailand was having rates like they are having in North/South America, Europe, India - would you really want to go to there? The only reason we yearn to go to Thailand rite now is because it's safe ! 

By the grace of good luck, they have escaped the terrible effects of this virus. When i saw thrones of Chinese tourists wandering into Thailand, despite the tragedy going on in Wuhan - and no measures other than a test certificate a few days before travel and random temperature checks, i feared a disaster. 

There is no free health care in Thailand, no mass furlough scheme (paying people to stay at home), etc

Thailand will eventually have no choice but to open up - but it has to be done VERY carefully.

I honestly pray they don't just give up, and let anyone in randomly.  No more mass Chinese tourism. Not giving up on any strategy and just opening back up and hoping for the best (which could very well be the case if the Chinese don't return). 

My only concern is they are doing nothing. Nothing will change between now and next month. It's just causing unnesscary damage. They have to quickly come up with strategies. 

Another concern is going back into bed with China. That would be a kick in the teeth to the world. 

They need innovative procedures. The island tourism is a start. But the key is mass testing. 

I went to Iceland this week. When you arrive at the airport, they do a covid test on you. It is just before passport control, like going through security. No queue. They take a quick swab of your nose and throat, and then you move onto passport control. I got my result in an hour and was on my way out of the airport ! They have essentially built a laboratory in the airport ! THESE ARE THE KIND OF INNOVATIONS NEEDED - especially for tourist reliant nations that will be crippled if tourism stops. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I didn't find any recent data with Google.

????

BTW I found data of UK right now testing vaccine on prisoners... :whistling:

You do know that Google is one of those companies that isn't going to say something especially in that regards especially when Google is controlled by China in China or you just living 20 years in the past. Maybe you didn't hear about the NBA censorship last year?  Maybe you haven't heard how China is putting the squeeze on Australia?  ????

On 7/2/2020 at 11:24 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

It was on Facebook (British expats in Thailand) and the link went to the BP page, can't post the link on here. Yes, it's aimed at the PRC tourists, UK and EU will have Thailand on the safe countries list, but they are not going to allow us in lol.

Most countries are turning their backs on the Chinese apart from Thailand, says it all really.

Yes u.k today give thailand a red notice anyone travelling out of thailand to the uk must do a 14 days quarantine in the uk so maybe they dont believe the figures what they are giving the world plus they can see how close thailand is with the Chinese it was obvious Chinese was the first in do they need $100000 insurance plus the certificate from thai embassy plus the fit to fly certificate plus will they have to do the 14 days quarantine on the islands at what they are asking all tourist them requirements so do the Chinese need all them requirements 

3 minutes ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

Yes u.k today give thailand a red notice anyone travelling out of thailand to the uk must do a 14 days quarantine in the uk so maybe they dont believe the figures what they are giving the world plus they can see how close thailand is with the Chinese it was obvious Chinese was the first in do they need $100000 insurance plus the certificate from thai embassy plus the fit to fly certificate plus will they have to do the 14 days quarantine on the islands at what they are asking all tourist them requirements so do the Chinese need all them requirements 

No tourists whatsoever are being allowed in at the moment, whether from China or anywhere else.

The reason the UK is not exempting travelers from Thailand from the quarantine is because Thailand is unwilling to do the same for visitors from the UK.  They’d be crazy if they did.

21 hours ago, PatrickC said:

These restrictions will be here until Q3 2021 is my guess. I don't see them relaxing any time in the next year. If you can get back and want to get back, then get back. Waiting for this whole thing to calm down or a vaccine is fantasy. Not going to happen. Covid is with us for the long run and covid free countries are going to be obsessed with keeping it out also for the long run.

no chance. the world is starting to accept living with the virus. thailand and some of these other countries who have taken "isolationist" style approaches will have no choice but to follow suit.

• Thanks 2

On 7/5/2020 at 10:38 PM, AndrewMciver said:

There is no free health care in Thailand, no mass furlough scheme (paying people to stay at home), etc

There is free health care. Thailand's health care system is pretty good.