List of ‘travel bubble’ countries finalised today ahead of Aug reopening

webfact

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thanks. Meanwhile someone who has PR and has been in for example Australia or New Zealand for many months in a location where there hasn't been one infection let alone death, has to do 14 days quarantine. Balance not a high priority but money is.

Yes I wonder, I am Australian citizen live in WA, we have no active cases now for a long time

like most of Australia (apart from Victoria) so can I book a flight to BKK and get picked up

by my friend? I mostly stay for about 10 days do I have to be in isolation for 14 days?

24 minutes ago, dsj said:

“Before opening each area for tourists, we have to ensure they have enough public health capacity to serve the foreign arrivals” he added. “If the tourism situation and virus containment goes smoothly, we expect to see around 6.7 million foreign visitors between August and December.”

If they except to reach that target of 6.7 million foreign tourist, then 43,790 people a day would have to enter between August and December.

Good luck with that, will need plenty of cheap Chinese tour groups to hit that target.

I am still hoping to get there in October till December , but didn't book anything yet . The way it is looking , the nrs had gone up from 20% to 30% in last last week but now i feel more like 10% . Even 1st half next year i feel it's already gone to less then 50% . If they keep going on like this , i will look at my future different ( it had changed already ) ... . Keep going on and hope for enough Chinese who can cope with all the cash wanted by the Thais .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

So which countries exactly have been COVID-19 free for 30 days. Ahhh yes mostly those that don’t or can’t be bothered to test their citizens. 

Not stated in 1st announcement , it states "low risk country by WHO " .

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The infographic I saw said covid free for 60 days, where in the world is covid free for 60 days. The countries mentioned are not covid free for 30 days, China, Japan and South Korea are having outbreaks at present. It also said the trips would be for 6/7 days, not worth it even for tourists from those countries.

106066706_10158201792587713_4237144421200778994_o.jpg

So I guess 'Chiang Mai' as an example also assumes that commercial flights are operating from abroad and direct to Chiang Mai.

I can't see any mention of 14 days quarantine, but there is mention of 6 - 7 days visit. So will these tourists be allowed to:

- Book their own hotels?

- Hotel can be any hotel?

- Or, must be on 'the list'

- Or, can be own / family home?

- Will their bus transport during their visit be their own choice, or must be from an approved bus operator?

- Can they take taxis rather than bus transport?

- will their movements be compulsorily accompanied by a designated gov't person?

- Any COVID 19 tests on arrival and during the stay or before departure? 

And, will the permission to enter Thailand / fit to fly document be available strictly by personal pick up at the local Thai embassy, or can it be obtained by e.mail?

why not only allow virus free countries in. why the stuff around? why make things difficult or dam near impossible for tourists. Forget the tourists anyway, shouldn't be priority.

What about all those still unable to jump through hoops to see their wives, husbands, kids.. This is sort of a human rights abuse if you ask me. Families should be able to see this out together.

Forget tourism, forget the insurrance many cant get and other stupid red tape, extend the amnesty until a trully safe time or Thailand WILL have big wave and those familes unable to reunite will be destroyed.

Oh and stop sucking chinas little ....... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

They are going about this entry requirement for COUNTRIES all wrong.

They need to look at INDIVIDUALS...not countries.

1. Allow retirees in. With the following
2. Require a covid test prior to departure from the particular country.

note 2 million USA test positive but some 320 million people NOT.

3. Require Quarantine two weeks upon arrival with another covid test.

Blanket statements against countries or peoples is inappropriate.

Let me guess your a retiree.

Let the young people in. They are less effected by the virus. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

“Before opening each area for tourists, we have to ensure they have enough public health capacity to serve the foreign arrivals” he added. “If the tourism situation and virus containment goes smoothly, we expect to see around 6.7 million foreign visitors between August and December.”

Pipe dream.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Let me guess your a retiree.

Let the young people in. They are less effected by the virus. 

They are less affected , and certainly less death , but some have got serious , very serious effects .... possibly lifelong .I can't believe some people still react like this ... they got to live in their own bubble , which is the only good thing . When knowing several sick/deaths from Covid , you certainly react different . It is real , it is everywhere , and people need to learn to live with it as long as there isn't a vaccin .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, at15 said:

I dont take those seriously. Thailand will let in countries they consider high value ...../// as long as the outbreak is not out of control in that country. 

You could have ended that last sentence where I indicated! ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Most countries are turning their backs on the Chinese apart from Thailand, says it all really.

Who knows, it may work out to their benefit.

The Thais have, for many years, been experts at playing both sides.

They did it with the Brits to prevent French colonisation, and did it again in WWII by siding with the Japs (who they thought were going to win) and duping the Yanks (pretending they weren't committed to declaring war etc.). 

All this should teach us, from knowing history, is they are not to be trusted, and are always, without exception, looking out for themselves. Just as it should be really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:

So which countries exactly have been COVID-19 free for 30 days. Ahhh yes mostly those that don’t or can’t be bothered to test their citizens. 

According to recent statistics Turkmenistan and West Sahara are low risk countries, they are actually Covid free with zero cases. This should be the new target group for Thailand.

11 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Tourists are one issue.

When are return residence and retirement extension visas holders going to be addressed?

I'm only interested in getting to my home and family in Buriram. 

Residents, including permanent residents and temporary residents (taxpayers with work permits) are allowed back now.

Some temporary visitors for purposes other than tourism (married, have kids) are allowed back now, others (retirees, students etc. on Non-Immigrant extensions) will have to wait their turn.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I'm just wondering if the Chinese will have to do 14 days quarantine, and have $100,000 US health insurance.

Forecasts are for tourism to drop by 80%. So Thailand will lose about 12% of GDP on tourism alone.

The junta is kidding itself if they think tourists are coming back, travel "bubbles" notwithstanding. No tourist is going to accept the hurdles they have erected.

EXACTLY! But like infants they need to go through that learning curve slowly for that realisation to dawn. As usual their mind set has always been foreigners are so desperate to come to Thailand they were overcome any and every stumbling block they can throw in their way...I guess they gonna finally find out different. I though the domestic tourism market was going to take up the slack...lol. No existent I’m guessing!

• Like 2

Do these geniuses in Bangkok follow world news? There is a new Swine Flu like virus now in China....honestly, are the some of the leaders in BKK on the payroll of the CCP or is is just some sort of mental deficiency? Why EVER invite the Chinese back...? It started in 1957 with the Asian flu from China. Then China proceeded to give the world the Hong Kong Flu (which actually came from Chian), the bird flu, the swine flu, SARS and the CCP Wuhan Coronavirus. GET SERIOUS...ask the Thai people how they feel about the Chinese....if you dare.

• Like 1