List of ‘travel bubble’ countries finalised today ahead of Aug reopening

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

the tourists would be allowed to travel on specific Thai routes or itineraries booked through small agencies

So I suppose that means no backpackers?

16 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It was on Facebook (British expats in Thailand) and the link went to the BP page, can't post the link on here. Yes, it's aimed at the PRC tourists, UK and EU will have Thailand on the safe countries list, but they are not going to allow us in lol.

Most countries are turning their backs on the Chinese apart from Thailand, says it all really.

Who are most? “Most” countries are still not allowing anyone in yet.

"The “travel bubbles” will cover countries at low-risk of Covid-19 contagion, while the tourists would be allowed to travel on specific Thai routes or itineraries booked through small agencies"

This appears to state that you have to fly "THAI" or book through the small travel agencies.

What nonsense.

Thats just a plan to get tourists to finance "THAI" ,or selected agencies, and those behind the scheme.

Its a Cunning plan Baldrick.

Edited by jojothai
Word correction
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

That sounds neither practical nor fun, they basically want to imprison those valued travelers at a resort. I wonder how many takers there will be, but then again, they only plan to let 1000 people in per day anyway.

19 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Curious how this going to go. For Pattaya for example people first have to go through BKK in order to even get there.. Probably everybody would have to get into a tourist bus. Also what's weird is that they classify the countries eligable for this countries that are virus free for 30 days and still list China...

I think China will be an interesting case, because perhaps it'll only be Chinese citizens from certain provinces even though that's not listed in this article. Its just my speculation, but it makes sense. There's an agreement for more tourists from China, and much of the country is virus free as far as we know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aspaltso said:

I think China will be an interesting case, because perhaps it'll only be Chinese citizens from certain provinces even though that's not listed in this article. Its just my speculation, but it makes sense. There's an agreement for more tourists from China, and much of the country is virus free as far as we know.

...as far as we know. Same as here.

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

Do these geniuses in Bangkok follow world news? There is a new Swine Flu like virus now in China....honestly, are the some of the leaders in BKK on the payroll of the CCP or is is just some sort of mental deficiency? Why EVER invite the Chinese back...? It started in 1957 with the Asian flu from China. Then China proceeded to give the world the Hong Kong Flu (which actually came from Chian), the bird flu, the swine flu, SARS and the CCP Wuhan Coronavirus. GET SERIOUS...ask the Thai people how they feel about the Chinese....if you dare.

It's hasn't been transmitted to humans yet.  So no idea what you are going on about other than to look for excuses to say China Bad.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am now in Thailand on a one year retirement visa with unlimited re-entry visa. I would like to travel to Italy for 30 days. Do you think I can re-enter in Thailand after my visit to Italian family or I will be refused entry?Thank you

18 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It was on Facebook (British expats in Thailand) and the link went to the BP page, can't post the link on here. Yes, it's aimed at the PRC tourists, UK and EU will have Thailand on the safe countries list, but they are not going to allow us in lol.

Most countries are turning their backs on the Chinese apart from Thailand, says it all really.

Not going to let us in because we're not safe as. And it shouldn't be political otherwise it gets like Eurovision ????. China has had an outbreak in a suburb of Beijing. The population there is 1.4 billion ????

Edited by bipper

20 hours ago, webfact said:

List of ‘travel bubble’ countries finalised today ahead of Aug reopening

finalized today??? when or where is it published.... are travel bubble countries required quarantine ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

I  maybe newbee  but from all I have read and seen   I  am curious how  long will it be until  Thailand  becomes  a provence  of China???

They  must always  own half of Thailand  and  as for the Gov  well  even PRO  CHINA    is putting it very  very midly

Sad  really   was once the  most beauthiful  country on earth  ..Siam 

Thailand will never be a province of China. Even Laos won't be. Laos will be much like North Korea. China will have a lot of influence, it will probably be a complete puppet state, allowing China to do things it wants to do but using Laos as a puppet to do them, leaving China without blame. Thailand will continue to have increased control from China but unless the world falls into hot war (entirely likely) it will always be allowed to retain a facade of autonomy. It's more useful to China that way.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Curious how this going to go. For Pattaya for example people first have to go through BKK in order to even get there.. Probably everybody would have to get into a tourist bus. Also what's weird is that they classify the countries eligable for this countries that are virus free for 30 days and still list China...

Another news story mentioned "direct flight" so that must be Utapao, if via BKK only transit is allowed, cannot leave the airport.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

tourists would be allowed to travel on specific Thai routes or itineraries booked through small agencies, he added.

More money into the pockets of the Government as they will have selected these companies for there donations to the government ministers...

Yesterday we need insurance worth $100,000, Today we have to go to the Thai embassy, next we only can com from a country who is more than 60 days "clean".

What other requirements do we need tomorrow?

I get a strong feeling, they don't like we come.

I post this already with the other message about 'certificate of entry'

It seems like perfectly common sense to allow China back first.  The country that arguably created Coronavirus, then tried to cover it up for two months and told the WHO it had no human to human transmission.

China's production and output is nearly back to normal and they are the only country forecast to have economic growth this year, while the rest of the world has been thrusted into recession. 

Why would Thailand invite them back first? Wouldn't possibly be because China are by far Thailands biggest investor 

Edited by Patts
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patts said:

Well what did when expect. It seems like perfectly common sense to allow China back first.  The country that arguably created Coronavirus, then tried to cover it up for two months and told the WHO it had no human to human transmission.

China's production and output is nearly back to normal and they are the only country forecast to have economic growth this year, while the rest of the world has been thrusted into recession. 

Why would Thailand invite them back first? Wouldn't possibly be because China are by far Thailands biggest investor 

They haven’t said that China is included.

It has to be reciprocal, and has to agreed to by all other countries in the bubble.

So I really doubt China will be included.

Singapore, Japan, HK, Korea, and EU are more likely.

23 minutes ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

They haven’t said that China is included.

It has to be reciprocal, and has to agreed to by all other countries in the bubble.

So I really doubt China will be included.

Singapore, Japan, HK, Korea, and EU are more likely.

Are you a betting man? 

99% China or at the minimum provinces of China will be allowed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patts said:

Are you a betting man? 

99% China or at the minimum provinces of China will be allowed. 

It is possible, but only if ALL bubble countries agree.  It won’t be Thailand’s unilateral decision.  If I had to bet, I’d say that isn’t going to happen quite yet, but who knows.