List of ‘travel bubble’ countries finalised today ahead of Aug reopening

webfact

5 hours ago, lks7689 said:

"China .............. citizens are willing to listen and obey." 

Well, maybe the rest of the world should treat their populations as China does;  weld them inside apartment buildings, re-education camps, send the family an invoice for the bullet, etc., etc.

Perhaps it would increase the pesky obedience thing.....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

Well, maybe the rest of the world should treat their populations as China does;  weld them inside apartment buildings, re-education camps, send the family an invoice for the bullet, etc., etc.

Perhaps it would increase the pesky obedience thing.....

Don't forget the (up to) life time in prison for holding "Hong Kong Independence" signs or singing anti China songs or comparing Xi Jinping to Winnie the Poo

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Curious how this going to go. For Pattaya for example people first have to go through BKK in order to even get there.. Probably everybody would have to get into a tourist bus. Also what's weird is that they classify the countries eligable for this countries that are virus free for 30 days and still list China...

Thailand is indebted to China, China wags its finger, Thailand Bares its U know what.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Where did you take these 30 days from? Nothing in the article.

They just talk about countries "deemed at low risk for Covid-19 by the World Health Organisation (WTO)."

Low risk doesn't mean virus free.

Which are those countries?

• Like 1

what I don't get in all this is why the thai tourism industry are not complaining about the thai government stopping them earning money and getting business up and running again. they just seemed to have swallowed it.  I think if this was happening in other countries with their governments their tourist industries would be in uproar. but the thai industry just don't seem bothered,not making hardly any noise at all.  very strange. do they hate us that much they would rather lose money and their livelihoods....surely not?

Edited by paulikens

Testing positive for coronavirus does not mean you have covid 19, WHY?

Because the common cold is the coronavirus...  so in cetain countries you will be added to the statistics as testing positive for the coronavirus NOT covid 19... Isn’ that a crazy thing... It a very sneaky thing governments are doing to ensure control.  Countries are on shutdown for the common cold.

7 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

They are going about this entry requirement for COUNTRIES all wrong.

They need to look at INDIVIDUALS...not countries.

1. Allow retirees in. With the following
2. Require a covid test prior to departure from the particular country.

note 2 million USA test positive but some 320 million people NOT.

3. Require Quarantine two weeks upon arrival with another covid test.

Blanket statements against countries or peoples is inappropriate.

I am guessing wildly that you are an American retiree?

• Haha 1

I have a great idea but maybe some of you think it's dumb.

Why don't we all wait and see what comes out from the actual government spokesperson AFTER the tourism chiefs and Covid centre in Thailand have discussed it and released the full list of rules and regulations, as promised within the next two weeks, along with the countries that are prepared to ' play ball ' in a travel corridor/bubble agreement?

• Like 1

Thailand is watching and scrutinizing what is going in around the region and in the world right now, and will let others lead and they will follow, usually by the countries having most success.

Their economic needs are the same as every other country and eventually will rise to the top, these will take precedence,  over and above the Covid19 epidemic.

We are seeing this already in USA and Europe. You cannot close the world down nor wait to have zero rates in the country and then open, it isn't possible.

The ' virus ' has to be contained and managed. Meanwhile, the world gets back to business.

• Like 2

I left Bangkok yesterday to go to Krabi. Yes I got cheaper room at hotel across from beach in Ao Nang... 

But hotel only has limited food choices to eat at their restaurant. Their spa is closed so went out last night to eat dinner. It quickly turned into not what do you want to eat but what is available. 

I walked 2 km from McDonald's (just as location) towards Nopparat Beach direction. Mc Donald's was closed as were Starbucks, 2 Coffee Clubs, Burger King... so was not hopeful for smaller restaurants. 

I had a choice of 3 restaurants (also walked side streets). 

Today Subway, 1 Burger King and Starbucks re-opened. 

This is my 8th trip to Krabi very depressing to see it like this. 

I had debated between Aonang and spa resort out in boonies but decided that that was too far out and taxi to go into Ao Nang or Krabi town more than I want to spend. Ao Nang feels very much deserted so I regret not going to the spa resort. 

Saw 1 regular massage shop and 1 pharmacy open. No bars open maybe 2 souvenir type shops. 

RCA is dead in the 

Tourists will not have much to do if it stays like this and would be hard pressed to spend 14 day quarantine here. 

15 minutes ago, orchidlady said:

I left Bangkok yesterday to go to Krabi. Yes I got cheaper room at hotel across from beach in Ao Nang... 

But hotel only has limited food choices to eat at their restaurant. Their spa is closed so went out last night to eat dinner. It quickly turned into not what do you want to eat but what is available. 

I walked 2 km from McDonald's (just as location) towards Nopparat Beach direction. Mc Donald's was closed as were Starbucks, 2 Coffee Clubs, Burger King... so was not hopeful for smaller restaurants. 

I had a choice of 3 restaurants (also walked side streets). 

Today Subway, 1 Burger King and Starbucks re-opened. 

This is my 8th trip to Krabi very depressing to see it like this. 

I had debated between Aonang and spa resort out in boonies but decided that that was too far out and taxi to go into Ao Nang or Krabi town more than I want to spend. Ao Nang feels very much deserted so I regret not going to the spa resort. 

Saw 1 regular massage shop and 1 pharmacy open. No bars open maybe 2 souvenir type shops. 

RCA is dead in the 

Tourists will not have much to do if it stays like this and would be hard pressed to spend 14 day quarantine here. 

I don’t know how to make this any clearer, but travel in the bubble EXEMPTS YOU FROM QUARANTINE.

Businesses will open up immediately when it makes economic sense for them to do so:  ie, when there are numbers of tourists enough to make it worth their while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fraggleRock said:

Testing positive for coronavirus does not mean you have covid 19, WHY?

Because the common cold is the coronavirus...  so in cetain countries you will be added to the statistics as testing positive for the coronavirus NOT covid 19... Isn’ that a crazy thing... It a very sneaky thing governments are doing to ensure control.  Countries are on shutdown for the common cold.

Funny i was talking to my daughter in the UK a friend of hers father just died he was 90 ,he had terminal cancer ,they put it down as covid ,they are fighting to get it back to death by cancer ,as he did not have covid . very strange times.

8 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Funny i was talking to my daughter in the UK a friend of hers father just died he was 90 ,he had terminal cancer ,they put it down as covid ,they are fighting to get it back to death by cancer ,as he did not have covid . very strange times.

So did he die from cancer or did he die gasping for breath because his lungs were riddled with covid?  Just because he had cancer does not mean that is what killed him.  Yes, it’s true.

3 hours ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

They haven’t said that China is included.

It has to be reciprocal, and has to agreed to by all other countries in the bubble.

So I really doubt China will be included.

Singapore, Japan, HK, Korea, and EU are more likely.

China will be included. That was decided long ago. It's not that China will meet their rational criteria. China will be included. Then, rational criteria will be stated. Then, some countries that meet those criteria will also be included. 

1 hour ago, NightSky said:

Regardless of who says what, if you want to not get covid 19 the only way is to stay home and continue social distancing until s vaccine arrives.

Yes,

In an ideal world but not in a practical one.

1 hour ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

So did he die from cancer or did he die gasping for breath because his lungs were riddled with covid?  Just because he had cancer does not mean that is what killed him.  Yes, it’s true.

He had not even been tested for covid ,he was bleeding from his rectum and the doctor had told them he had only a day or so to live,then they were so surprised when cause of death on his death certificate said Covid.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

He had not even been tested for covid ,he was bleeding from his rectum and the doctor had told them he had only a day or so to live,then they were so surprised when cause of death on his death certificate said Covid.

Well, then I have to say I find this second or third hand tale very difficult to believe.

4 minutes ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

Well, then I have to say I find this second or third hand tale very difficult to believe.

thats your problem ,not mine. its immaterial to me what you believe or do not believe.

Edited by bert bloggs

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

China will be included. That was decided long ago. It's not that China will meet their rational criteria. China will be included. Then, rational criteria will be stated. Then, some countries that meet those criteria will also be included. 

Give a citation then?

• Haha 1

Oh I don't think this will go over at all, but who am I?  Just another internet opinion barfed up like a cats hairball.  

Don't be surprised if the numbers are beyond horrific and we can see the spin of "high end tourists" come back.  

Bla bla bla.

4 hours ago, paulikens said:

what I don't get in all this is why the thai tourism industry are not complaining about the thai government stopping them earning money and getting business up and running again. they just seemed to have swallowed it.  I think if this was happening in other countries with their governments their tourist industries would be in uproar. but the thai industry just don't seem bothered,not making hardly any noise at all.  very strange. do they hate us that much they would rather lose money and their livelihoods....surely not?

lol...it is

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, D B Cooper said:

Thailand needs tourism. Should consider accepting tourists with confirmed Covid-19 antibodies. Letting in tourists who have already had the disease and are over it, is a no-risk strategy. 

Vanishing act and then a miraculous reappearance.

2 minutes ago, D B Cooper said:

Thailand needs tourism. Should consider accepting tourists with confirmed Covid-19 antibodies. Letting in tourists who have already had the disease and are over it, is a no-risk strategy. 

Only problem is that there is not yet any scientific consensus that the presence of antibodies conveys immunity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

That article is form March 3. The last few days China averages around 3 cases a day and Korea is in the 40-50 range. Both very manageable levels.

• Like 1