Nongnooch Garden scraps two-tiered pricing for expats in Thailand

webfact

48 minutes ago, Guderian said:

....but they still fully support the two-tiered pricing system for foreign tourists.

What a bunch of ตูด they are.... <shakes head> 

No tourists anymore anyway in Pattaya /Chonburi probably …. Haha

But beware :

In addition, senior citizens both Thai and foreigners aged 60 and over will get free admission every (meaning ONLY on) Monday.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Amazing coincidence that they'd decide to charge Thais full price when there is no one in the country who meets the old criteria for being charged full price. 

I predict a return to the old pricing model once foreign tourists return. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

They are tourists, not residents.  In any case, hardly a major issue, I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to go there twice.

Who said anything about residents? If they are a resident then they would have a resident card, which fulfills the 2nd proof document.

The article says "expats living in Thailand", it doesn't say anything about being a resident, or what type of visa that expat is who's living in Thailand has to have. People on an Elite, SETV, METV don't have and aren't allowed to get those 3 documents mentioned so how the hell can they prove that they live in Thaiand? Bring their rental contract if they rent? And what happens if they don't rent therefore don't have a rental contract?

Edited by bbi1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Who said anything about residents? If they are a resident then they would have a resident card, which fulfills the 2nd proof document.

The article says "expats living in Thailand", it doesn't say anything about what type of visa that expat is who's living in Thailand. People on an Elite, SETV, METV don't have and aren't allowed to get those 3 documents mentioned so how the hell can they prove that they live in Thaiand? Bring their rental contract if they rent?

"Foreign residents are asked to provide one of the following:"

They should bleed foreigners dry and inturn improve the service.  That's how Thailand was built up from the dust in the first place. 

If you want free stuff go to Laos.  That place is a barren turd.

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good news i say, finally seeing the error of their ways

To be honest, I thought they already did this, quite sure last time I went, I got in for Thai price using the driving licence, after my Mrs gave him grief. Darned long time ago though. So probably an announcement of nothing.... I suspect a few of the staff taking money, resist this and have done so for years, there would be some scam going on. I know a Thai companion can get a kickback of 50 baht for bringing a foreigner there to pay full price, I bet that is sanctioned, and sometimes ended up in the ticket guys pocket.

The only place that I have been treated better than my Thai wife and daughter is the Queen Sirikit Botanical Gardens in Chiang Mai. The entry fee is 100 THB for everyone. The guy at the pay desk asked me how old I am, and I told him 65. He said, "for you 50% discount as senior citizen, and full price for your Thai family.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreign residents are asked to provide one of the following:

1. Thai Drivers license (Province of Resident is printed on the reverse side)

No big deal with this at all ... you can produce this for hospital visits, at banks and anything else that requires you to provide ID. That is of course if you have one. If you don't how about a passport?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

To be honest, I thought they already did this, quite sure last time I went, I got in for Thai price using the driving licence, after my Mrs gave him grief. Darned long time ago though. So probably an announcement of nothing.... I suspect a few of the staff taking money, resist this and have done so for years, there would be some scam going on. I know a Thai companion can get a kickback of 50 baht for bringing a foreigner there to pay full price, I bet that is sanctioned, and sometimes ended up in the ticket guys pocket.

i wouldn't be surprised if rogue staff were scamming people, at golf I'm pretty sure desk staff are keeping the fees

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

t golf I'm pretty sure desk staff are keeping the fees

Unlikely. If you play with a group the organiser has normally arranged the price with someone other than the "cashier" or the PSC/Birdie listed price/coupon plus they issue tickets so how would that work..... But you know that :wink:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Howis it news? Many years that Nong Nooch allow Thai-price for foreigners with a Thai Driving License ! I should know: I visited this place about 3 times a year in last 4-5 years ???? and always paid the smaller Thai price (the one without the show).

Me too.  So they've not made ANY concession despite the downturn in the market.  Thai Economics 101.

The thai excuse has always been that this forigner rip off pricing was to pay for maintence of  government owned national parks etc, how do these private businesses like nong nooch justify their blatent ripping off of western tourists ? How many billions baht have they scamed out of soft western tourists over the last 30 , 40 years ?

The NEW favourite tourists  chinese an indians won't be so easily mugged

15 hours ago, bbi1 said:

This article is an absolute load of shtttt, first it says:

Then it says:

1. Thai Drivers license (Province of Resident is printed on the reverse side)

2. Resident card 

3. Valid work permit

What about experts living in Thailand that don't have any of things who are on Elite Visas, SETV, METV and can't get those type of documents?

Good news, this covers almost all of the non-tourist residents in Thailand.
The "T" in SETV and METV stands for "Tourist"
If you are daft enough to pay 500,000 Baht or more for an "Elite" visa then ..... sorry. But you do get your free rounds of golf and a pretty girl to greet you at the airport.