BANGKOK
webfact

Nongnooch Garden scraps two-tiered pricing for expats in Thailand

2 hours ago, drbeach said:

Baby steps. But a step in the right direction.

I wouldn't go there now on principal. They are pimping for customers now the roles are reversed. Up yours! as the saying goes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I wouldn't go there now on principal. They are pimping for customers now the roles are reversed. Up yours! as the saying goes.

Interesting sentiment.  

I wonder if many tourists will have the same felling about Thailand, in general.

I remember the tsunami in Phuket.  The Thai's begged tourists to come back, releasing statements in the media like, "please don't think you would be taking advantage of us."  The tourists returned to support the Thai's, and what did they do, up the prices, up the rip offs, up the scams, up the extortion etc, and it's remained that way ever since.

Interesting times ahead.    

23 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Howis it news? Many years that Nong Nooch allow Thai-price for foreigners with a Thai Driving License ! I should know: I visited this place about 3 times a year in last 4-5 years 🙂 and always paid the smaller Thai price (the one without the show).

me too

I spent more than an hour with a Tat Official in Pattaya Tat office, saying the only thing you have given us farangs, expats foreigners is either 🖕or ✌️yeah i was livid over the Expat Free debacle and the Racist 50% of Green Fees promoted and sanctioned by said Tat office for Thais only....."your Thais are queuing up for free food they are not flooding golf courses or Tourist attractions" an agreeing nod came back. "We farangs expats etc do the same thing every single day.....Spend money.......and this is your way of saying thanks"

Free tickets might have come way,but they did n,t and if they had i would have sort out the Norwegian Christian church and given them to them as they have done more for the local Thais than there own country folk have.

Me i keep Caddies employed and will continue to do so......but Nong Nooch i would n,t set foot in there if i was paid.

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

I remember the tsunami in Phuket.  The Thai's begged tourists to come back, releasing statements in the media like, "please don't think you would be taking advantage of us."  The tourists returned to support the Thai's, and what did they do, up the prices, up the rip offs, up the scams, up the extortion etc, and it's remained that way ever since.

You forgot they made volunteers get work permits

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

You forgot they made volunteers get work permits

I remember seeing the news where volunteers were initially warned, and then basically threatened with being arrested.  What a disgrace.  

In days gone bye I've seen restaurants with farang price and Thai price

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

In days gone bye I've seen restaurants with farang price and Thai price

Quite often, they served larger portions to the falangs and hence the higher price

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

To be fair, that was six weeks AFTER the Tsunami , when everything was getting back to normal .

A simple "Thank You. Your help is no longer needed" in the media would have been nice.  Maybe even a ceremony on the beach, which an official "Thank You" from the mayor, but no, just threats of arrest and deportation.  Nice way to treat people.  

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:21 AM, Gandtee said:

Perhaps they will give me a refund

Rule 2..... No Refunds.

I've been living in Bangkok for almost two years.  Retired with an OA visa.  Am I considered a "resident"?  If so, can someone tell me how I can go about getting a "Resident card"? Any pointers to a document describing this would be especially welcome.

33 minutes ago, carlf said:

I've been living in Bangkok for almost two years.  Retired with an OA visa.  Am I considered a "resident"?  If so, can someone tell me how I can go about getting a "Resident card"? Any pointers to a document describing this would be especially welcome.

Enquire at your local ampher, first you get a yellow book then a Pink (non-Thai) ID card, lots of threads about it on Thaivisa.

There is no path from retire visa to permanent resident or citizenship

• Like 1

A multi quote post removed

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

A simple "Thank You. Your help is no longer needed" in the media would have been nice.  Maybe even a ceremony on the beach, which an official "Thank You" from the mayor, but no, just threats of arrest and deportation.  Nice way to treat people.  

I dont think genuine volunteers where being threatened with deportation. Lots of stories back then about the system being abused, people turning up as volunteers to set up businesses or be tourists.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I dont think genuine volunteers where being threatened with deportation. Lots of stories back then about the system being abused, people turning up as volunteers to set up businesses or be tourists.

Ahhhh, yes, people volunteering to work in a bar.  🤣