Thailand ‘not a suitable host’ for locusts in India, Laos

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Uhm, so did you illegally cross the border into Laos to collect these dead specimens, Mr. Sermsuk? Or did you collect them on the Thai side? The latter would suggest that the critters DID cross into Thailand, right? And as per the weather conditions... oh, well... I'd contend that the climate in the upper north is exactly the same as across the Mekong in northwestern Laos, and exactly the same in the Mekong-bordering Isaan provinces as in their Lao counterparts. Locusts don't respect human-drawn national borders, you know?  

I somehow doubt that it was  ever meant that somehow the Mekong was some boundary these bugs  can not cross. The species that has caused alarm in India are not the same as those in Laos.

The species in Laos is predominant in the north.

• Like 1

Maybe this specie will not attack Thailand ,but in times past as the wife said Thailand has had locusts attacks, we had one locust  at the front  of our house last week, harmless it is when they swam the problems start.   

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Uhm, so did you illegally cross the border into Laos to collect these dead specimens, Mr. Sermsuk? Or did you collect them on the Thai side? The latter would suggest that the critters DID cross into Thailand, right? And as per the weather conditions... oh, well... I'd contend that the climate in the upper north is exactly the same as across the Mekong in northwestern Laos, and exactly the same in the Mekong-bordering Isaan provinces as in their Lao counterparts. Locusts don't respect human-drawn national borders, you know?  

They are collecting "dead locusts", as in all types of locusts, to see if they find any of this particular type.

54 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yeah, but don't forget they now need the Covid-free certificate, plus expensive health insurance.

It's enough to any put off any creepy-crawly, even if they are married to a Thai cricket or grasshopper.

Hahaha .. yea an what's that one that kills it's mate after they get it on .. Praying Mantis is it .. an' there's a lot of praying goes on in Thailand .. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can't see much difference between the Weather in Laos, and the weather in Issan myself.

If you are 70 y.o. like me you will feel the difference between the weather. In Laos I need to wear socks when I sleep otherwise my leg cramp because of the cold weather. In Thailand I don't wear nothing.

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Yeah, but don't forget they now need the Covid-free certificate, plus expensive health insurance.

It's enough to any put off any creepy-crawly, even if they are married to a Thai cricket or grasshopper.

Good thinking.