UK will ditch travel quarantine for 75 countries, Daily Telegraph says

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, VBF said:

AFAIK all Sturgeon could do is prevent people entering Scotland from outside the UK, so flying into England, Wales or NI is nothing to do with the mealy-mouthed nasty little witch. Anybody get the idea that I don't like her?

IMO, she needs to be reminded that it's the UNITED KINGDOM and, as someone said above, important decisions should be take by the idiots in Whitehall not the idiots in Holyrood (we have a better class of idiocy in England, you know)

Maybe it's Johnson who needs to understand the union better. 

Screenshot_20200702-183333_Twitter.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Health concerns will force businesses to close or lay off staff. This nanny stating is now just plain stupid, the death rates are back to normal and Europe is just as infected as us. I've been to several high streets near me and it looks quite bleak, not many people about.

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Au contraire. It's a union run from ENGLAND - or at least it should be. This whole devolution nonsense needs to be quashed NOW.

As I said above....it's the UNITED KINGDOM of GREAT BRITAIN and it should continue to be run from and by Whitehall.

And no....I don't expect any "likes" for that one - the truth frequently hurts.

Sturgeon could make a popular decision too, unfortunately she's still there!

Edited by VBF
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Au contraire. It's a union run from ENGLAND - or at least it should be. This whole devolution nonsense needs to be quashed NOW.

As I said above....it's the UNITED KINGDOM of GREAT BRITAIN and it should continue to be run from and by Whitehall.

Have a purple trophy instead.

• Thanks 1

Your version of the truth doesn't hurt one bit. In fact, I welcome it - it all helps my fellow countrymen wake up to just how unequal the UK is, and how much they are held in contempt by our southern neighbours. But that's for another thread... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Your version of the truth doesn't hurt one bit. In fact, I welcome it - it all helps my fellow countrymen wake up to just how unequal the UK is, and how much they are held in contempt by our southern neighbours. But that's for another thread... 

Most people don't have a problem with Scotland, but Sturgeon wasn't elected to run UK policy. I'm sure people in Scotland would like to take a foreign holiday too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Most people don't have a problem with Scotland, but Sturgeon wasn't elected to run UK policy. I'm sure people in Scotland would like to take a foreign holiday too.

She isn't running uk policy. If her decision as to what is best for Scotland impacts UK wide decisions then that is unfortunate but irrelevant. God knows, its not as if the Scots have not had to endure a lifetime of English wants being forced upon them against their will. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

If Thailand has fixed covid as we believe (40 days without a reported infection/) then why is there so many restrictions if nobody has it and Thailand has "fixed it" as you say.

Must be careful. 

School start again, air conditioned restaurant open again, etc etc. Get the life back now. Most can work again. 

The restriction to not allow tourist from covid countrys is good idea. Many other countrys do same. 

If happen again, be terrible, people die, business must close again. It already happen that way in Australia, UK and USA. 

Texas and Florida -- two of the first states to lift lockdown restrictions -- recently walked back the reopening of restaurants and bars, which now have had to close their doors for a ...

Most thai people not want foreigner come Thailand now. Up to us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

She isn't running uk policy. If her decision as to what is best for Scotland impacts UK wide decisions then that is unfortunate but irrelevant. God knows, its not as if the Scots have not had to endure a lifetime of English wants being forced upon them against their will. 

She had an agenda and I'm sure Scotland is affected by lack of tourists. So Scotland will bail out the airlines then?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

They can not come to Thailand.

Considering the behaviour of the Thais, what makes you think people want to come here anymore?

As for the virus, where did it originate from? .... Yep, your friends from China. And Thailand wants them back again?

Arrive a little bit late, only to find it's already another Frrreeedom fest at page 3. Derailed within the first dozen posts by the munchkin's attempts at setting an independent border. About time she was shown the door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

God knows, its not as if the Scots have not had to endure a lifetime of English wants being forced upon them against their will. 

True the Scots have suffered at the hands of the English for too long. Freedom!

But Sturgeon is a menace who repeatedly throws a spanner in the works and will only be happy when she proclaims herself Queen of Scotland.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

True the Scots have suffered at the hands of the English for too long. Freedom!

But Sturgeon is a menace who repeatedly throws a spanner in the works and will only be happy when she proclaims herself Queen of Scotland.

There are rumours that she is gearing up to hand over the reins to Joanna Cherry, but that's going way off topic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Arrive a little bit late, only to find it's already another Frrreeedom fest at page 3. Derailed within the first dozen posts by the munchkin's attempts at setting an independent border. About time she was shown the door.

I'm dishing out the purple trophies today, feeling generous and your comment deserves a treat lol.

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

This Mortal Coil once sang

”It’ll end in tears”

Or as the terraces might have it

”You don’t know what you’re doing”

Perfect.  Daily I have an increased feeling that this whole thing has been put in the too hard basket by those that were incompetent in the first place.

8 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Considering the behaviour of the Thais, what makes you think people want to come here anymore?

Thailand, Land of Smiles top three tourism place in world. 

Last year 39 million people risk the life, fly the plane, to visit Thai people. Very popular.

Because covid free, I think will be more popular now. Tourist will be scared to go to Brazil, USA, UK, Italy etc.

8 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

As for the virus, where did it originate from? .... Yep, your friends from China. And Thailand wants them back again?

Who? I not want any back yet. 

When covid finish, everyone welcome back. 

12 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thailand, Land of Smiles top three tourism place in world. 

By the numbers, Thailand ranks 9th, with the USA actually in the 3rd place slot. 

14 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Because covid free, I think will be more popular now. Tourist will be scared to go to Brazil, USA, UK, Italy etc.

Tourism will never recover here until people can actually come without restriction. Tourists are not going to pay for 14 days of being locked in a hotel room without even being able to have a drink. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Thaivisa nominates a racist for poster of the year? The mind boggles. 

False narrative.

Not racism. The virus not care racism.

if have covid free I said “Welcome to Thailand” 

Everybody Welcome to Thailand. Farang, China, Black, India, Pakistan, Russia and....

Eskimo.

Yinn 

POTY 

Edited by Yinn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

False narrative.

You just said thai people not want farang to come to Thailand now. Thats racist. 

I personally dont care because I have always known that the sentiment you are now verbalizing has always been just below the surface with alot of Thais, and I respect you for having the balls to say it out loud - just don't go walking it back. 

More people need to see it. And consider the forum you're posting it on. 

36 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

By the numbers, Thailand ranks 9th, with the USA actually in the 3rd place slot. 

In gross numbers, yes. But Thailand has roughly 65 million people. The USA has 325 milion 5 times as many.  Yet Thailand has half the number of foreign tourists that the U.S. does. And based on area the situation is even more in favor of thailand. The USA is roughly 20 times larger. So a lot less attractive per square kilometer.

1 minute ago, johnpetersen said:

In gross numbers, yes. But Thailand has roughly 65 million people. The USA has 325 milion 5 times as many.  Yet Thailand has half the number of foreign tourists that the U.S. does. And based on area the situation is even more in favor of thailand. The USA is roughly 20 times larger. So a lot less attractive per square kilometer.

What does any of that have to do with anything...

Some of you guys would try to argue if I said the sky was blue. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pilotman said:

The Scottish First Minister has effectively scuppered the whole idea. Reported in today's BBC news. So much for the Supremacy of the UK Parliament, in Westminster. 

What's supreme about the current Westminster Parliament? Vote fodder for a bunch of irresponsible incompetents.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Still waiting for confirmation and I'm not booking any flights to Spain until it's announced. I want to go to Munich next month and possibly Berlin. It's that little Hitler in Edinburgh holding things up!

Control of airports is not devolved.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Here's an idea to keep things on track. Why don't you post some incisive, topical and well thought out points for debate? A bit of a tall order for you, I know, but give it a try. You never know - like those allegorical infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number typewriters churning out the complete works of Shakespeare, if you keep going, you might just hit the mother lode.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

You just said thai people not want farang to come to Thailand now. Thats racist. 

I personally dont care because I have always known that the sentiment you are now verbalizing has always been just below the surface with alot of Thais, and I respect you for having the balls to say it out loud - just don't go walking it back. 

More people need to see it. And consider the forum you're posting it on. 

Actually  Yinn specified  foreigner"  which in non  race specific. Therefore  not racist.

• Like 2