UK will ditch travel quarantine for 75 countries, Daily Telegraph says

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Lmao !

Username checks out. 

Farang (Thai: ฝรั่ง, [faràŋ], colloquially [falàŋ]) is a generic Thai word for person of white race no matter where they may come from; the Americas, Europe, etc. The term is also used for white Latin Americans and light skinned Latinos. Not all Latinos however, brown skinned Latin-Americans are often confused with Arabs in Thailand, and thus, not Farang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farang

14 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't see it on the BBC app, but if true, it makes a pleasant change for the agenda to be set by Scottish considerations. 

Yeah for democracy. The minority must decide for all and rule - as long as it's your minority!

• Like 1

its a good move the original quarantine was not smart,jan yes june no.we need to get the economy moving world wide,people too.as we test more [no widespread testing in thailand ]the no of positives will rise but deaths and hospitalisations are falling in europe,this indicates the virus is waning and/or that many people have some immunity or its effect is minimal on many.traffic here kills more on a friday than in 6 mnths of covid and we see millions out of work businesses ruined.its over kill to say the least.things are turning on but we need manufacturing and tourism to get back on the road.a test on entry at 10USd should be enough but certain countries should wait where the rates are hi or cant be trusted EG USA russia and china.the virus is fizzling out as the 1st SARS did ,it mutates and weakens,we can see it from the stats starting to come in.what the rulers are doing though is weird,uk/eu are treading in the right direction,usa took off fast too soon.and asia- its the land of authoritarian rulers so watch out,theyre not too smart either just keep one thing out in front in regards to their responses CONTROL.i feel sad for the illions here how have been left high and dry the gov has left them to fend for themselves,the future is getting these people back to tourist jobs and factories.the world can help re factories but the general is the problem in many ways for many things.

Another huge blunder of a staement by Boris, not only for the obvious that will ensure a 2nd wave 

in the UK but so many countries on the list citizens cannot travel to anyway.

Another world leader lost the plot

Putting people in self isolation when coming back from "abroad" was always pie in the sky, just another stupid knee jerk reaction from Cummings and his lapdog Johnson.  They were always going to have to backtrack it radically because it was completely unenforceable.`

7 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Here's an idea to keep things on track. Why don't you post some incisive, topical and well thought out points for debate? A bit of a tall order for you, I know, but give it a try. You never know - like those allegorical infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number typewriters churning out the complete works of Shakespeare, if you keep going, you might just hit the mother lode.  

I'm afraid there are no topical and well thought out points for debate on Scottyland independence and your highland ramblings make for sheer boredom.  You had your chance in 2014, the majority saw sense and you will all have to be part of the UK forever.

• Haha 1

I was all for the stricter regulations when I read somewhere that "all foreigners will be subject to a blanket ban" - without my glasses on, I thought it said "blanket bath". ????  

• 2 weeks later...