Man arrested over toppling of statue English slave trader

snoop1130

16 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Believe it or not, there is an entire world out there that has nothing to do with Trump. This story is an example.

Agree, I wondered how long on a statue toppling in Bristol it would be before Trump appeared.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Did that actually make sense in your head as you typed it? If so, no wonder you are frustrated. Thankfully, the real world in which we all live is much less dystopian than you describe. You see, you missed out a critical step in the process - people get arrested based upon evidence. Oh - and judges don't decide the guilt or otherwise of a defendant. We have trials by jury in the UK. 

The photo in question is evidence that they were at a crime scene and thus quite probably involved in  numerous crimes that had been committed that day , how about *obstructing the Police* ?

Could be a case to answer that if they were not there , then the Police would have arrested the people committing crimes 

Judge/Jury, whatever, not that important , as what I meant was them being found guilty of crimes in Court

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The photo in question is evidence that they were at a crime scene and thus quite probably involved in  numerous crimes that had been committed that day , how about *obstructing the Police* ?

Could be a case to answer that if they were not there , then the Police would have arrested the people committing crimes 

I would suggest that 'quite probably' fails to meet the burden of proof required to bring about criminal charges and a trial. As for 'obstructing the police' you would have to show that either they had prior knowledge of the intention to topple the statue and that their presence was a deliberate attempt to thwart the police, or that they interfered directly with the police's attempts to apprehend the vandals. And as I mentioned previously, TV journalists were there in the middle too - should they also be charged?

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Judge/Jury, whatever, not that important , as what I meant was them being found guilty of crimes in Court

As you were lamenting about having to 'explain the basics' to me, I thought that maybe you would be keen for some reciprocal knowledge sharing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I would suggest that 'quite probably' fails to meet the burden of proof required to bring about criminal charges and a trial. As for 'obstructing the police' you would have to show that either they had prior knowledge of the intention to topple the statue and that their presence was a deliberate attempt to thwart the police, or that they interfered directly with the police's attempts to apprehend the vandal

I do think that you take this forum a bit too seriously , we are not the actual Crown prosecution service deciding whether to prosecute or not  , dont be too concerned about it .

Is no one here a little confused over the headline?

'Man arrested over toppling of statue English slave trader'

Perhaps better English would have been: Man arrested over toppling of statue of English slave trader, Man arrested over statue of English slave trader toppling. Man arrested over toppling of English slave trader statue.

Good job ! Now put a truthful bronze plaque in its place telling the true story of what this man participated in. Same for the rest of the white fantasy narrative history that we have all been fed.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You seem  to be suggesting that a Black man should be hung .

Extremely inappropriate thing to be suggesting 

I can assure you I am not but reading your posts I can see why you would think that  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Could that possibly be because racism is very often a product of experience ?

The above question is valid, forty years ago I would have considered myself to be totally colour blind but my experiences rather disillusioned me. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Fancyzancy said:

Here ya go Brits who always laugh at USA.

It's going to get real nasty. Let's say Karma. 

Thankfully we don't have a trump equivalent as PM, though he can be a bit odd from time to time. May take a while for calm down, but it will

14 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Good job ! Now put a truthful bronze plaque in its place telling the true story of what this man participated in. Same for the rest of the white fantasy narrative history that we have all been fed.

Please dont stop there lets  bring all religious  statues into this as its  just another fantasy that  killed  many more than any slave traders both black whit e yellow pink green etc

2 hours ago, bodga said:

Please dont stop there lets  bring all religious  statues into this as its  just another fantasy that  killed  many more than any slave traders both black whit e yellow pink green etc

I agree with that. 

Pull down all the statues of the virgin Mary and Jesus. The Catholic church committed horrendous acts in the past, with torture and murdering non believers. 

• Thanks 1