Man arrested over toppling of statue English slave trader

snoop1130

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Best listen to your mentor RR, he lost the right to a reply from me when he lost the debate and called me a racist. But I guess attacking other posters is the best we'll ever get from some posters on here.

I don't believe I have attacked anyone here, and certainly have never been 'robust' with those who don't dish it out in the first instance, but I am sure that you will take the path you feel is most appropriate. 

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't believe I have attacked anyone here, and certainly have never been 'robust' with those who don't dish it out in the first instance, but I am sure that you will take the path you feel is most appropriate. 

You have misread my post RR, you never attack anyone, but posters who are trying to give you advice obviously don't realise how intelligent you are.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think that it is very dangerous to start to question the impartiality of the judiciary. I know nothing of the cases you mention, but I am confident that the English justice system is filled with mostly honest and impartial executors.  

And I think that when a man has a pee and gets a two week custodial sentence and another commits vandalism and removes public property gets basically let off, the judiciary system is in need of serious overall, there is no rhyme nor reason, let the punishment fit the crime and yes, it does need questioning.

But that's my point - if you believe in the integrity of the judiciary, you must accept that punishments meted out conform to guidelines. As I don't know the details of the cases to which you refer, I must therefore assume that there are unreported factors which came into play in the judges' decisions. 

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

Well we both agree on this then, so do you agree that this movement is going the wrong way and they need prosecuting if they commit vandalism or should this apply to only people that are desperate for a leak.

I believe that justice needs to be done and to be seen to be done. As the topic is this entire thread is about just that, I presume that further arrests will be imminent. 

Regarding the urination, I can actually see that as being more outrageous in the public eye. In terms of disrespect, it certainly seems more callous. There was at least one TV poster trying hard to paint the peeing chap as antifa so I guess I am not alone in recognising just how outrageous it was viewed. 

36 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can I just add that I am happy that I am keeping you entertained.

As am I. If we were both in England at this point, I would be more than happy to stand you a socially distanced pint - but just not in a Weatherspoons. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Rhubarb brigade seem oblivious to the fact that it's standard practice for plod to collate as much real time evidence as possible from multiple sources inc their own covert operators and to arrest the perpetrators at a time and place of their choosing in the days and weeks that follow.

that might be police cid the job of uniformed police is supposed to be crime prevention.

I should mention that i could care less about statues. Never took any notice of them when in London.

What I object to is being dictated to by a thuggish mob of ignorant hooligans. I doubt most care about the actual history, but it's a great excuse for a bit of aggro.

I am also appalled that the mob is being appeased by an apparently spineless police force and government, when they should, IMO, be getting a dose of CS and a few baton rounds. The sound you hear is of Thatcher spinning.

I've said it before, but IMO Britain has had it's day and this is exposing just how "had it" they really are.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I am bored at work - this is the closest I get to entertainment...

Try getting out more and have real people as friends ????

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

If say just five people were involved in  pulling that statue down and dragging it to the river , the Police would have arrested them in the process .

The only reason why the Police didnt arrest them is because of the Mob rule at the time .

Had the photograph  taking mob not been there , the Police would have arrested the vandals 

The photo taking mob obstructed the police in carry out their duty

oh dear. Charged with obstructIon because they may have done so if the police wanted to do something.

I think its better we dont continue. Bye.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Sujo said:

And you would be wrong.

To a lefty I would be wrong, I mean, this BLM mob want to get rid of the police force....????..............Have you ever heard of anything so daft, the police today do not have enough manpower to deal with the scum out there now....????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, you apparently admit to stirring just to keep yourself amused? There's a name for that sort of behaviour.

Well I don't post here because I think I am going to change the world. Is that your motivation?

7 hours ago, transam said:

To a lefty I would be wrong, I mean, this BLM mob want to get rid of the police force....????..............Have you ever heard of anything so daft, the police today do not have enough manpower to deal with the scum out there now....????

No. To a court you would be wrong.

They do not want rid of the police. They want them defunded. Thats a different thing all together.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sujo said:

They do not want rid of the police. They want them defunded. Thats a different thing all together.

They want the police abolished, defunding just sounds better in their tin pot brains. They are a Marxist organisation who want to overthrow the government, they paint the hammer and sickle emblems all over the place, they are not hiding anything, they carry their banners to show the world what their intentions are, should people want to bury their heads in the sand and ignore it, well that is entirely up to them, but never forget you reap what you sow.

"The UK BLM movement, like its US counterpart, also actively calls for the “abolition of police.” That is a line, I think, almost no one here wishes to cross, especially when it is proposed by people who have no qualms about attacking others or committing acts of vandalism. The Old Bill may be going down an ineffective path of bully-boy tactics and language policing, but we still need murderers and terrorist apprehended by someone. Who else is going to do it? The abstract idea of the community?"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/06/10/do-black-lives-matter-actually-want/

On 7/2/2020 at 6:57 PM, Justgrazing said:

Instead of retrieving it with a crane once all the feckless idiots who chucked it in the dock were rounded up they should have been made to recover it .. on 2nd thoughts none of them looking capable of wiring a plug so the chances of the ingenuity required to get it back out of the dock would be zero or thereabouts .. 

wait - many look capable of hotwiring a car though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

If you defund the police you will be getting rid of a huge %...

You tell me why the police should be defunded....In your own words, not a bloke from a lefty rag....?

1 minute ago, A1Str8 said:

If trading humans is not a crime, then getting rid of a pathetic statue isn't either. 

It is a crime in this time of human evolution, the same as vandalism regarding destroying property that doesn't belong to you..

If you think statues are pathetic, then I think you have a problem chap.

Nelson_s_Column_London_Landmark_uk.jpg.a6d66f92cfa89377f912c4982e7bcd27.jpg

As I suggested previously, picking and choosing which villainous philanthropist to venerate gets awkward.

Jimmy Savile replaces Bristol slave owner statue torn down and thrown into water

A Jimmy Savile mannequin has replaced the statue of a slave owner that was toppled by anti-racism protesters and rolled into Bristol Harbour.

Placed at bottom of the mannequin was a sign reading: "None of them stopped me, and your licence paid for it. The BBC turning a blind eye since 1922"

On 7/5/2020 at 6:18 AM, transam said:

If you defund the police you will be getting rid of a huge %...

You tell me why the police should be defunded....In your own words, not a bloke from a lefty rag....?

Too many of the unfunded needs of society have been fobbed off on the cops.  Instead of child protective care and family counselling, we send in the cops.  Instead of funding mental health resources, we send in the cops (and spend $$$ billions incarcerating folks who would do fine if only they could afford their meds)  Neighbors having a snit over a fence line?  Send in the cops.  People parked illegally?  Send in the armed cops to write tickets.  

Defunding (in general) isn't about doing away with the cops.  It's about relieving them of duties they were never intended to do.  Duties that get fobbed off on them because there isn't enough public money to fund more cost effective solutions to sending in an armed cop and locking people up at a huge cost to society.  It's about freeing them up from those duties so they can focus on what most of society really wants from our cops. 

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Jen Reid: Statue of Black Lives Matter protester appears on Colston plinth https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-53414463

The revolution is getting closer, another seminal moment that will go viral around the world. Slave trader statue deposed last month and activist in it's place now. People power, power to the people.

1200px-A_Surge_of_Power_(Jen_Reid)_15th_July_2020.jpg

7 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The revolution is getting closer, another seminal moment that will go viral around the world. Slave trader statue deposed last month and activist in it's place now. People power, power to the people.

I do think the feminists should be offended by this statue, I mean she is showing most of her naked boobs. Absolutely sexist move from blm. I call for a fdm movement (female dignity matters).

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

You are a middle aged white guy , they are fighting against you , you are the problem, you aren't part of the solution 

• Confused 1