What’s the Problem with Netflix and Thailand?

Stubby

12 hours ago, Stubby said:

Thanks MadMitch. Why PP is such a problem from Thailand I have no idea. But they don't allow it, along with Thai debit cards. There must be reasons, but the agent didn't know. I might opt for a Gift Card, but Netflix has peed me off a bit now with its, we don't accept this, and we don't accept that, attitude. 

I pay with my BBL debit card every month and have been for a couple years. 29th day of every month,,,,,,,,,,the card is be1st mastercard not Union Pay

Edited by longball53098
add card type
  • Like 1

I bought a voucher from the local supermarket when I was last back home. Enough to cover one years subscription. That, along with a VPN has given me great service to date. Although seems to have slowed down a bit in the last two weeks.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:52 PM, CLS said:

Sure, there are UnionPay, Visa and Mastercard Be1st cards.

UnionPay is not accepted by Netflix, the other two are.

OK, thanks, CLS. Netflix support couldn't say why, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 9:09 PM, BritManToo said:

View HBO Go through ...... very good quality picture, no buffering, I use it all the time now.

https://hbogo.co.th/#

Hi, BM2.

I subscribed to the 3BB service today. You're right, it's as cheap as chips, and there's more than enough content for what I need, so it's a great bargain ???? 

The girl in the shop said I can also download the content. That's useful because I can then transfer the file and watch it on my larger computer screen or Smart TV. Problem is, I can't see how to download via the app. I can see a download screen, but not an actual download link or button. Any guidance much appreciated ???? 

Stubby.

Just now, Stubby said:

Hi, BM2.

I subscribed to the 3BB service today. You're right, it's as cheap as chips, and there's more than enough content for what I need, so it's a great bargain ???? 

The girl in the shop said I can also download the content. That's useful because I can then transfer the file and watch it on my larger computer screen or Smart TV. Problem is, I can't see how to download via the app. I can see a download screen, but not an actual download link or button. Any guidance much appreciated ???? 

Stubby.

I watch it using my TV as a computer screen https://hbogo.co.th/#

No need to download anything.

Don't think downloading is allowed at our level of membership.

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I watch it using my TV as a computer screen https://hbogo.co.th/#

No need to download anything.

Don't think downloading is allowed at our level of membership.

Thanks for the quick update, BM2 ????

At first I got an error message with the above link that said the service is unavailable in my country. I then realized I had the VPN connected. I could then log in, but the movie only showed the cover but wouldn't play. I then thought it may be an issue with the Brave browser. Third try, Google Chrome, and everything is working like a dream. Thanks again, buddy. The girl in the shop said the service was only available on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. She got that one wrong.

I've got a nice large-size computer flat-screen, so that's great. It would still be nice if I could download a file and kick back in front of the TV sometimes, though. I'll ask about the download feature again when I next pass the shop. For now, everything is tickety-boo. I can't believe the content you get for loose change ????

Stubby