Cantaloupe - Sooo Good

EVENKEEL

On 7/4/2020 at 12:33 AM, jvs said:

Straw berries from the north are very good!

Can they be purchased in Bangkok or only in the North? I've never had a delicious one in Bangkok. In Korean desert places, markets, etc. Even in Chiang Mai they need to put sugar in the strawberry fruit shakes. They are whitish.

On 7/4/2020 at 5:01 PM, Matzzon said:

Oh dear! I don´t know where you guys buy your fruits. When I buy Cantaloupe or any other fruit I get a solid flavor and good taste.

Maybe it´s just that we have too many guys need to complain about Thailand again. Did you think that this was a subtile way to do it. Gotcha!

Maybe it's that you've never tasted a good cantaloupe. Not bashing Thailand. Get real

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bangsaenguy said:

Maybe it's that you've never tasted a good cantaloupe. Not bashing Thailand. Get real

No of course I have not. ????????

You are just living a much richer life than me. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, fredwiggy said:

Some fruits taste better in some places than others. The cantaloupe here isn't as good as Texas ones. mangoes here are top notch. Bananas here aren't as good as the ones we had in the states, which usually come from Latin America. Strawberries in New Jersey are better than the ones in Texas. Apples from New York and Washington states are the best I've had, with the exceptions of Fujis from Japan, which are very good also.

You've got to be kidding about bananas. The variety available in the USA is the Cavendish and it's pretty tasteless. Used to be Gros Michel, but the fungus makes that untenable. And there are a huge variety of absolutely delicious bananas in thailand. Far superior to what you can get in the States.