Certificate of entry from Thai embassy or consulate required for foreigners to enter Thailand

snoop1130

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

I guess you guys miss the point, the people being allowed in are not tourist, you guys need to get over yourselves. O, forgot it is really only about finding something to complain about.

????

2 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

1. I am in Cebu, the Philippines, with yet another rescheduled flight for next week, the 7th of July, following a string of cancelations.

2. The Thai Consulate in Cebu is closed until further notice,

3. At the airline office in Cebu, I was strongly advised NOT to break the journey in Manila because of: a.) strict lockdown measures in several areas of the city making access and movement extremely difficult, and b.) flights originating from Manila are severely limited and the screening procedures of passengers is overloaded. 

4. The Embassy in Manila offers only Tuesdays and Thursdays for appointments, making this new requirement impossible to meet.

Am I completely off the mark by suspecting that there is a sinister element to the creation of ever changing rules? Those with hatred for us will be revelling in this, at every level of government. 

You do the certificate of entry online

9 hours ago, samsensam said:

i dont think the 'several groups' refereed to includes tourists. thailand is not open for tourists yet. some countries are welcoming tourists, others aren't. the thai government dont feel the country is able to accept tourists at the moment.

Good especially from uk 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gintis0604 said:

58 dead in Covid19 and they close down the country. 20000+ dead on the streets EVERY YEAR and they don't do anything! 

It's not 'and then'.   ONLY 58 dead BECAUSE they closed down the county. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, YetAnother said:

that's going to work great; whenever you have a document and a thai official , You have a problem

why not just say thailand is closed to all ,what about north Korea.  ,any good beaches 

I am now in Thailand on a one year retirement visa with unlimited re-entry visa. I would like to travel to Italy for 30 days. Do you think I can re-enter in Thailand after my visit to Italian family or I will be refused entry?Thank you

2 hours ago, smedly said:

it's called a visa :post-4641-1156694572:

So does that mean those with re-entry permits don't need one? 

And why didn't they just say visa? 

And how come that you know but nobody else does. 

13 minutes ago, rott said:

Anyone that wants to enter Thailand needs a Certificate of entry

39 minutes ago, pinocut said:

I am now in Thailand on a one year retirement visa with unlimited re-entry visa. I would like to travel to Italy for 30 days. Do you think I can re-enter in Thailand after my visit to Italian family or I will be refused entry?Thank you

Under the rules in effect right now, you would not be allowed to re-enter Thailand after your trip, since people with retirement extensions and reentry permits are not one of the categories on their list.

Yesterday we need insurance worth $100,000, Today we have to go to the Thai embassy, next we only can com from a country who is more than 60 days "clean".

What other requirements do we need tomorrow?

I get a strong feeling, they don't like we come.

4 hours ago, gintis0604 said:

58 dead in Covid19 and they close down the country. 20000+ dead on the streets EVERY YEAR and they don't do anything! 

It should be obvious to anyone by now that this plandemic is being used by this dictatorship to keep out as many whiteys as possible for as long as possible, and make as much money out of quarantine as possible for as long as possible. Covid1984: the gift that keeps on giving...

https://www.corbettreport.com/james-corbett-documents-the-collapse-of-the-covid-1984-narrative/

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Certificate of entry from Thai embassy or consulate required for foreigners to enter Thailand

That looks like a real Deterrent to Travel to Los. Than Quarantine? Forget it . Stay Here or Stay Away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

Don’t listen to Smeldy. It’s a totally separate document 

4 hours ago, gintis0604 said:

The lock down was absolutely essential, in Australia alone we had a staggering 0.000004% of our elderly population wiped out by the pandemic. Another 60 people have recently become infected, the supermarkets are empty of toilet paper again, its an end of days scenario. Thank God governments had the wisdom to force house arrest on citizens, tracking and police beatings for miscreants, despite there being no scientific reason to do so, they saved us. We don't care we no longer have an economy or jobs, we just want to live.

5 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

Am I completely off the mark by suspecting that there is a sinister element to the creation of ever changing rules? Those with hatred for us will be revelling in this, at every level of government. 

You're right on the money. They clearly don't like you.

• Like 1

It may be easier to travel to a nearby country by land and travel by plane from there to wherever in the world you want to go. I already got fed up with the packong your 100ml of whatever in a clear plastic bag and carrying no water. Waiting in lines for sometimes hours to get through customs. Now all these new rules? They want to make flying for the elete only. Of course the rules wont patain to them. 

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

I guess you guys miss the point, the people being allowed in are not tourist, you guys need to get over yourselves. O, forgot it is really only about finding something to complain about.

If tourists are not foreigners, what are they?

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Under the rules in effect right now, you would not be allowed to re-enter Thailand after your trip, since people with retirement extensions and reentry permits are not one of the categories on their list.

Unless you have a Thai Wife if I am correct?

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

This whole thing is an absolute joke anyone with sense would give Thailand a miss for the rest of the year its not worth all the agro and additional cost .Tourism in the Kingdom is going to die a death with these crazy regulations 

Thailand as we know it is finished.

I am staying here because if I leave to visit EU, I wont be able to get back.

Wnevever they introduce a new bit of paper we must have, the more impossible it will be to return.

The next time I leave, I wont be back, it will be impossible.  

So staying put.

When they want me to buy insurance, that will be it, I will be gone due to the ridiculous cost of it

That day is coming, no matter what type of Retirement Visa, extension, whatever you want to call it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Looks like August is definitely off then, better get on to the Airline and see if it's another set of future travel vouchers, or whatever. ???? ????

Anyone think it will be viable in ~December, for our next scheduled trip? ????

I feel your pain, In January I booked 3 weeks for September not realising that China would allow flights to continue, spreading the virus to the rest of the world. I have been hoping that by some miracle a vaccine would be ready or Thailand would allow tourism but it now looks impossible.

Will give it until next month but it would seem that voucher/refunds on flights and hotels is my only option

Edited by Patts

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sure hope so I'm stuck in uk and my visa extension is due Jan 7th !

As am I ,though not due back until September anyway. Despite being married I will not go through the quarantine/ COVID insurance inconveniences and considerable expense even if sacrificing my return ticket. Everything is just being done on the hoof anyway with ill  thought through consequences which will be changed again when that becomes apparent,so my strategy is just one of watch and wait. An expired extension can be started again with a new application process any way so the least of the current concerns. Also,signs are that new outbreaks are starting so that will likely trump everything.