Agent for Non - O marriage 1 year extension?

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Sorry to ask for clarification but if I have money in a UK bank ( HSBC ) and transfer it into my Bangkok Bank account , how does transferwise come into it ? Do I have to get HSBC to transfer money to Transferwise first ? (  is that too obvious ? )

My current non O multi based on marriage from Sav expires in September. So if I get a 60 day extension and have two 40,000 deposits sent ( one a month ) during that time , when the 60 days is about to expire I go to immigration and ask for a 1 year extension based on marriage ? Have I got that right and if so apart from marriage certificate and proof of transfers are there any other important docs needed ?

Thanks.

There are several different ways of transferring money to Thailand and the charges you incur plus the exchange rate you get depends on the method you use. You can transfer directly from your UK bank account but that usually incurs a higher bank charge by the UK bank plus a charge from your Thai bank. Plus your transfer could take several days to arrive in Thailand. Also, if you allow your bank to send the money in Thai baht they will you the exchange rate BUT it will be the lower rate UK banks offer. If you tell your bank to send the money in GBP you will get a slightly higher exchange rate but won’t know that rate until it arrives in Thailand. The transfer will usually arrive as a required (by immigration) as an international transfer but that’s not guaranteed.

Transferwise is a finance house/broker. They have set up a process specifically to process our transfers to Thailand. Their charges are lower (plus no Thai bank charges), There exchange rate is always better and guaranteed before you make the actual transfer so you know what you’re getting, you will get the required international coding and the transfer is made within twenty-four hours.

You would need to set up an account with TW then the process is very straight forward and is done either on line using their web page or by using their mobile app. It literally takes less than five minutes to complete a transfer.

Basically,

1.      You tell TW how much money you want to transfer. All the other information to complete the application is pre-stored.

2.       You choose the payment method you want to use. Eg: bank transfer, credit card, etc, and make the payment to TW.

3.      Confirm to TW that payment has been made

4.      Within about a minute you will receive an email from TW to confirm receipt of the money and a second email as soon as the Thai bank has received your transfer

Take a look at their web site:

https://transferwise.com/gb/pricing/send-money?source=GBP&target=EUR&payInMethod=BANK_TRANSFER&sourceAmount=1000

Financially you should be able to do that.

Different immigration offices sometimes vary slightly with their requirements. I've attached a copy of the requirements at my local office at Si Racha, The Jomtien list is the same.

2. Marriage ext docs Eng -Si Racha.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

There are several different ways of transferring money to Thailand and the charges you incur plus the exchange rate you get depends on the method you use. You can transfer directly from your UK bank account but that usually incurs a higher bank charge by the UK bank plus a charge from your Thai bank. Plus your transfer could take several days to arrive in Thailand. Also, if you allow your bank to send the money in Thai baht they will you the exchange rate BUT it will be the lower rate UK banks offer. If you tell your bank to send the money in GBP you will get a slightly higher exchange rate but won’t know that rate until it arrives in Thailand. The transfer will usually arrive as a required (by immigration) as an international transfer but that’s not guaranteed.

Transferwise is a finance house/broker. They have set up a process specifically to process our transfers to Thailand. Their charges are lower (plus no Thai bank charges), There exchange rate is always better and guaranteed before you make the actual transfer so you know what you’re getting, you will get the required international coding and the transfer is made within twenty-four hours.

You would need to set up an account with TW then the process is very straight forward and is done either on line using their web page or by using their mobile app. It literally takes less than five minutes to complete a transfer.

Basically,

1.      You tell TW how much money you want to transfer. All the other information to complete the application is pre-stored.

2.       You choose the payment method you want to use. Eg: bank transfer, credit card, etc, and make the payment to TW.

3.      Confirm to TW that payment has been made

4.      Within about a minute you will receive an email from TW to confirm receipt of the money and a second email as soon as the Thai bank has received your transfer

Take a look at their web site:

https://transferwise.com/gb/pricing/send-money?source=GBP&target=EUR&payInMethod=BANK_TRANSFER&sourceAmount=1000

Financially you should be able to do that.

Different immigration offices sometimes vary slightly with their requirements. I've attached a copy of the requirements at my local office at Si Racha, The Jomtien list is the same.

2. Marriage ext docs Eng -Si Racha.pdf 682.91 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much for taking the time to make that post and save me several hours of forum searching and maybe googling to find out what you have explained so succinctly.  Much appreciated. I owe you a cyber beer .

Pint of Beer Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Edited by Denim

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to make that post and save me several hours of forum searching and maybe googling to find out what you have explained so succinctly.  Much appreciated. I owe you a cyber beer .

Cheers, it was no problem. If you need any more info about TW and their system, just PM me.

• Thanks 1