Chonburi Immigration - Online Queuing

TaaSaparot

Sounds as reliable and user-friendly as the 90-day reporting app, lol.

Nice to see Immigration maintaining a consistent level of performance for their apps, at least you always know what to expect. 

Edited by Guderian
  • Haha 2

Just had some responses from the developer.

Apparently the app is set up to prioritize the "closest" locations first but each vendor can set the distance. Seems the Immigration Offices in those 3 locations set themselves to the maximum distance (same for some other vendors).

Meanwhile Jomtien, for whatever reason, is set to a much smaller radius and thus, for some reason, doesn't show up at all despite being barely 11 kms from me.

Still sounds a little hokey to me as all the other vendors showing up on the app are also way the **** away from me and almost nothing is close (though I haven't checked many other things out).

The developer said they are going to "discuss the matter internally".

So if you are standing outside of the Jomtien Immigration Office, you may be able to use the app. No idea how far away from there you can be to still be able to connect to that office, but it's less than 11 kms for sure !

Hopefully they can sort the issue out and send out an update.

When using the App can you pay the Immigration fees for their services in Bitcoin?

Just joking, but reading the excellent report by @Kerryd I won't spend time/effort on something which is not even a Beta-release, and would not even qualify as a Zeta-release.

Nobody in his right mind would install an App that

You HAVE to give the app permission to access ALL photos, media and files on your phone when you first install the app.

ALL.

If you don't, you can't use the app.

Used the Chonburi Immigration App last year. Just opened it again and all the documents are still there. However there is no submit button and the app continues to say waiting for submission so it clearly does not work

• Haha 1

I just deleted it from my phone. I also stepped through some of the settings and skipped many things. What's the point of getting everything photographed and (hopefully) filed (I will have notarized pension letters) and having to present it ALL OVER AGAIN at (I'm assuming) the front vetting desk and Extension desk? What a bunch of baloney!

And yes, I could not raise the Jomtien Im office service either. [Smacks head]

PS Thanks a bunch @Kerryd

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Addition

47 minutes ago, how241 said:

A few days ago,  I went to Jomtien immigration to renew my retirement visa.  I was taken in immediately  and my papers were checked in 5 minutes. I came back tomorrow to pick up my passport with the new 1 year stamp. Quick, easy,  painless,  the exact same as it has been for the past 9 years I have done this. The only reason I had to come back the next day to pick up my passport was I first came there at 3 pm.  I have always found Jomtien immigrations service to be great. Nice, friendly, and helpful staff. 

Seems to dependent on the officer handling your application for the 1-year extension of your Non Imm O or O-A Visa.  The officer(s) dealing with the applications for reason of retirement do get positive feedback on the Forum.  However, if you are dealing with the Dragon Lady in charge of marriage Visa/extensions, you would get a totally different story...

Edited by Peter Denis

35 minutes ago, how241 said:

The only reason I had to come back the next day to pick up my passport was I first came there at 3 pm.  I have always found Jomtien immigrations service to be great. Nice, friendly, and helpful staff. 

Actually no. Regardless of what time you do your application, you have to come back the next day to get your passport. I go every time first thing in the morning. I'm often #1 or 2 and usually on my way home by 08:35(ish) but I still have to come back the next day. 
For whatever reason, they keep all passports overnight, maybe to give them more time to run them through "the system" or for additional processing in a back office.

As many have noticed, there are usually 2 "rush" periods at Jomtien. First thing in the morning and right after lunch. If you wait about an hour or so after and go at 9:30-10 or maybe 2pm, there's usually nowhere near as many people there.

If you go at the wrong time though - like showing up there right at 08:30, on a Monday morning, after a long weekend, you can find a hundred people ahead of you. That is when having an appointment would be advantageous as you cockily saunter past everyone to the head of the line (and pray they didn't screw up the appointment) !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oldie said:

Does this make it easier or more complicated? 

Who needs this app when there's very few people at Jomtien Immigration? What many people don't seem to understand is that you don't have to stand in line when immigration opens in the morning. After lunch from 1pm is a very good time. A 1 year extension with documents in order takes less than 10 min. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kerryd said:

OK - now I've got the correct app (QueQ as noted in the OP) on the phone.

TD/LR
OK - right off the bat - waste of frikken time - unless you live in Phuket, Koh Samui or Surat Thani it seems.
As those are the only Immigration Offices that will come up on my phone ! (Sending feedback to the developers now.) I've checked permissions, logged out/in to the app, rebooted the phone - the app still thinks I'm in Phuket (or nearby area).

I recall using this once before but that time I just scanned the QR code on the sign at Immigration and then the bar code on my queue ticket to see if it progressed as fast as people were being processed.
Didn't actually install the app at the time though (and that was probably on my previous phone as well).

Right off the bat. Permissions. 
They collect a whack of data from you when you use their app. (Mostly info on location, phone type/internet provider, browser info, etc). You have to scroll down a few screens to get to the "agree" icon which I assume if you don't agree, the app probably closes.

After the Agree, there are a couple screens where they mention "allow notification" and the next one asks permission to access location.
But note at the top of the screen "Promotions. Special Offers are waiting for you". (You can guess what is probably going to happen.)

Then you come to the "Log In" screen where you can select how you want to log in.
Facebook, Line, Google or email. There is an option to "let me try it first". The next screen lets you know you can use the app to order take away food.

Then you come to the screen where you can pick which thing you want. Restaurant, Event, Hospital, National Park and "Bank/Service" for example.

Click on "Bank/Service". Note - I am in Pattaya and have told that app it can access my location.
So of course it shows me icons for Immigration - in Phuket and Koh Samui (And Surat Thani).

You have to "log in" using one of the previously mentioned methods to access one of the Immigration sites. And the frikken selection screen refreshes every few seconds so as you are scrolling down the never ending list of different banks you can make an appointment at, while trying to find the Immigration office you want, suddenly the screen refreshes and you are at the top again.

(You can use the "Search" function and type Imm and it narrows the list down to just Immigration Offices.)

OK - going to "register" and see how it works.
Told it to use my "google" log in and click, I'm in. It's using my "google" profile pic and user name.

Still thinks I'm in Phuket. :glare:

Logged out and in again. Still thinks I'm in Phuket.
Checked Location settings and Permissions. Rebooted the phone. Logged into the app again.
Still thinks I'm in Phuket.

I'll wait for the developers to respond to my feedback emails as there's nothing else I can do from here.

However, if you can log in and pick an Immigration office near you, it seems that you can select from a number of options, including "90 Day Report". So maybe, if it works, it might be useful.

This forum is lucky to have you ! Will you become a moderator soon ?

1 minute ago, salsajapan said:

Not really and not again.
Or "not really and never again" perhaps.

15 hours ago, salsajapan said:

The time it took him to fiddle with the app and to write the post he could have spent at Jomtien Immigration and his extension would have been done. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The time it took him to fiddle with the app and to write the post he could have spent at Jomtien Immigration and his extension would have been done. 

As I noted in a post a few weeks ago, I did my renewal at the end of May and it took a total of 12 minutes (5 on day 1 and 7 on day 2 which also included doing my 90 day report and getting a new multi re-entry permit).

I only downloaded and tried the (2) different apps to see how they worked so that I could maybe provide a informative answer to some of the questions. And out of curiosity. 

And yes, right now things seem to progress quite nicely at Jomtien due to the lack of people (tourists/ex-pats). However, once things start getting back to normal, you can expect the lines will be backed up out into the street once again.

Both apps noted here have possibilities but neither are really worth it at this stage.

The QueQ app might be good in places like Bangkok where it seems there's massive lines all the time. Or maybe for people who have schedules to keep and don't want to spend hours waiting in line at their local Immigration office. 

The ChonBuri Immigration app might eventually be useful with some upgrades and the ability to fill in/store documents online, but that will probably take years to develop. (Just not enough interest or value in such an app to make the development worthwhile I suspect.)

But as previously noted, right now you'd spend more time fiddling with things only to have to do it all over again at the office so there's hardly any point in it.

• Thanks 1

Well, just saw something that would explain something else.

Here I was vainly trying to get that QueQ app to show me the Jomtien Immigration office (instead of the Phuket/Koh Samui ones).

Then a few minutes ago I went to the Immigration website to see if they had a notification about being closed on Mon/Tues for the holiday. As soon as you go to the site a popup window appears with the notice about the QueQ app.

Normally I just close that popup and carry on but this time I scrolled to the bottom and lo and behold, there is print there ! And it says it is supposed to start on 15 July !

So that probably explains why it isn't showing up on the app yet.

I'll have a look at it again (if I remember) after the middle of the month.

• Thanks 2

Nothing to do with that. Another visa amnesty is being considered but it may be some time before an announcement is made.

The Queuing and Immigration Apps have been out since long before the covid crisis and are just a part of normal everyday activity.  

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, Kerryd said:

90 Day report and "Residence Certificate" aren't even options.

I did a COR with them and they have their own form you have to fill in so that isn't surprising. They aren't interested in the one from here or the Immigration website (TM18). Get it from the front desk... then after get a ticket number!

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I did a COR with them and they have their own form you have to fill in so that isn't surprising. They aren't interested in the one from here or the Immigration website (TM18). Get it from the front desk... then after get a ticket number!

We are talking about the different phone apps and their functionality (or lack thereof).

Of course you can do everything in person at the Immigration office, just like most of us have been doing for decades.

But as noted, right now the apps aren't worth the effort as it seems you'll have to do everything in person anyways.  But it might change in the future (one day, maybe).

• Thanks 1

For any of these types of apps, if you can be bothered, use a burner phone with a generic google account that you can hard reset after each use. The permissions are far too invasive. Take care of your private data.

• Thanks 1