BMW S1000R 2021

eisfeld

The first spy shots, fresh out the press. For me, the front headlight is a clear downgrade from the previous model, I don't like it at all. I was a fan of the crazy look. The rest is like I expected it to be, very similar to the updated RR. Engine will most likely be identical to the updated XR one, not really an upgrade from the old one performance wise. Electronics will be finally on par with the rest of the industry with TFT, IMU etc. Let's see, but so far I'm not getting super excited somehow, especially after reading the endless list of problems with the RR and the luke-warm reception of the XR on german forums.

Clipboard 2.jpg

Clipboard 3.jpg

• Like 1

Looks kind of bland. More Japanese looking than European. I've never ridden one but most people say that they are technically great but almost too good in the fact that they lack character and are a bit boring.

I'd much rather have a Tuono or a V4 StreetFighter personally.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Looks kind of bland. More Japanese looking than European. I've never ridden one but most people say that they are technically great but almost too good in the fact that they lack character and are a bit boring.

I'd much rather have a Tuono or a V4 StreetFighter personally.

Yes, it got more bland. Looks like a partsbin special from the R1250R for the headlight.

I've ridden the S1000R and Tuono but not the SF V4 (though I did ride the Panigale V4). The "character" is purely about the sound. The S1000R is just as hooligan as the others in terms of performance. I'd pick the BMW over a SuperDuke. Tuono... difficult, that one is indeed something special, but difficult service situation in Thailand and probably expensive af. The V4 unfortunately is a nogo in Thailand if it gets nearly as hot as it's Panigale sister imho.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 13.43.29.png

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1