This may be useful for some

On 1/19/2021 at 2:53 AM, Broken Record said:

284 Days Alcohol free now Don, honestly I don't need to take anything as I have no desire to drink..

I can drink Alcohol anytime I want to, same as I could take rat poison or Arsenic anytime I wanted to, I have no desire to take any of the poisons mentioned.

That's the beauty of the book, Alcohol has lost it's mystique, I no longer have to use will power to not drink, I have no support group, I don't ever think one day at a time, I look at Alcohol for what it is, and like other poisons, it’s easy not to take it.

But thanks for the suggestion. 

The video was taken down from YouTube, but I downloaded the Audiobook from the App Store.

Thanks Don, cheers. 

Were you an alcoholic before? Is that why you wanted to stop all alcohol?

I would not want or need to stop all alcohol because it tastes nice and is a treat and a pleasure to spoil myself.  

Are you trying to say alcohol is a poison the same as rat poison ?  It's not!  Thats why we can't use it to kill rats. 

Nothing wrong with it...humans have been drinking it since thousands of years. It's part of culture.  Also some has health benefits !  

For people that are not consuming too much and are not addicts then there's no reason to try to tell people to stop drinking.

I don't drink every day and feel no more addicted to it than I do a bar of chocolate or a cream cake. All these are not healthy....but they are no poison if consumed in moderation...same as alcohol. 

21 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Were you an alcoholic before? Is that why you wanted to stop all alcohol?

I would not want or need to stop all alcohol because it tastes nice and is a treat and a pleasure to spoil myself.  

Are you trying to say alcohol is a poison the same as rat poison ?  It's not!  Thats why we can't use it to kill rats. 

Nothing wrong with it...humans have been drinking it since thousands of years. It's part of culture.  Also some has health benefits !  

For people that are not consuming too much and are not addicts then there's no reason to try to tell people to stop drinking.

I don't drink every day and feel no more addicted to it than I do a bar of chocolate or a cream cake. All these are not healthy....but they are no poison if consumed in moderation...same as alcohol. 

Yet you're on the ‘I drink too much' sub forum. 
I am not telling anyone not to drink, my life is just better without it, it’s a personal choice, I have saved loads of money, lost 10 Kgs, Anxiety levels down to a manageable state, back in the gym, swimming, my long suffering wife is happy, there are no downsides for me personally. 
No I wasn’t a Alcoholic, I don’t think, I was more of a binge drinker, but the blackouts and terrible hangovers and the anxiety were a pain in the butt, my life is better without it, I have revoked my drinking privileges:)

I couldn’t drink just one or 2, well not for long anyway, I was brought up in a drinking family, I drank to get drunk mostly, I was lucky that the crippling hangovers were enough to keep me from drinking everyday.

Good luck to you, but I gave up for me, a personal choice, should have done it years ago really, you have no problem with Alcohol and that’s great for you, but my life is 10 times better without it. 

Best of luck to you, thanks for contributing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1