Masks in America

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

First amendment appparently. I only wear one if it's mandated like public transport in the UK.

Good for you, that'll show 'em!

????

Walk naked down the High Street too.

23 minutes ago, faraday said:

Good for you, that'll show 'em!

????

Walk naked down the High Street too.

The infection rate where I am is 3.5 out 100,000, with those odds I would say it's pretty safe not to wear a mask. Public transport you will be lucky see anyone in the train carriage with you lol.

13 minutes ago, simon43 said:

wearing a mask reduces the risk by 1%, then IMHO, it's worth it.  But I think in the USA, it's not about the medical reasons, but more about personal freedoms to stand up and say "I'm an idiot, so I won't comply".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/02/covid-parties-see-who-gets-new-coronavirus/5362758002/

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry told ABC News that students have been organizing "COVID parties" at which they intentionally infect each other.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry told the network. "They're intentionally doing it."

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/02/covid-parties-see-who-gets-new-coronavirus/5362758002/

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry told ABC News that students have been organizing "COVID parties" at which they intentionally infect each other.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry told the network. "They're intentionally doing it."

For sure sounds dumb & not unlike Russian Roulette..... Then again we all have a wealth of no idea about this Covid

No country can hide forever & no vaccine is guaranteed nor guaranteed to work on the majority

Those being infected & surviving may be the only ones that do survive long term.

Of course again none know including myself but I do wonder.

The problem with the acceptance of wearing masks is that the requirement has been ridiculously too stringent in many places. While wearing one while riding public transport, attending church or sharing a breakfast buffet in a large hotel are an absolute must, having to wear one while walking on the beach or hiking in a national park is totally preposterous. Wearing a mask bears health risks too: re-breathing of CO2, overheating, etc., which for some strange reasons have been deliberately ignored. The whole world seems to have gone into panic thinking, while the benefit/risk of wearing masks should have been carefully assessed for every individual situation.

21 hours ago, simon43 said:

If

but that 's  part of the equation and when you get one  side telling you to  not wear (WHO) a mask and the other to wear  a  mask CDC then confusion reigns. Does mask wearing have an effect, even there the answer is  only probably  followed by but we dont  know how  much of  an effect and  to correctly  use  a  mask is  not  easy. Certainly  ALL  Thais  I  have  seen constantly touch their  masks which is one thing you should  not do. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-science-of-mask-wearing-hasnt-changed-so-why-have-our-expectations/

21 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

The problem with the acceptance of wearing masks is that the requirement has been ridiculously too stringent in many places. While wearing one while riding public transport, attending church or sharing a breakfast buffet in a large hotel are an absolute must, having to wear one while walking on the beach or hiking in a national park is totally preposterous. Wearing a mask bears health risks too: re-breathing of CO2, overheating, etc., which for some strange reasons have been deliberately ignored. The whole world seems to have gone into panic thinking, while the benefit/risk of wearing masks should have been carefully assessed for every individual situation.

The  funniest one in Thailand is if I am on my own in the car I must wear a  mask.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, simon43 said:

If wearing a mask reduces the risk by 1%, then IMHO, it's worth it

And in mine it  isnt for numerous reasons, one being the sheer  volume of  more waste for land fill.

I live in a 750 acre community & have no tag on my scooter, so I only ride it here. I used to wear a mask on it for the pollution (pre virus), but w/ all I've learned & the stigma surrounding the face diaper, I no longer do that even.  There are people getting blotches on their skin from working in mask all day. Their skin tries to make up for the lack of oxygen supposedly.

The following statement is from the OP:

• Masks have become a political statement and many people don't want to conform.

The COVID-19: Coronavirus forum is not the place for political discussions as per the following:

A forum dedicated to information and discussion related to the current pandemic. This is not for conspiracy theories or any form of political discussion. If your topic is region/location specific, please use that specific forum.

//Closed//