Ride on lawn tractors

b17

Hi everyone

I hope this is an appropriate forum for this subject. I have about five rai of orchard in the Chiang Rai area, and the ground is fairly uneven in parts. Cutting the grass with the shoulder supported cutters takes me days, so I am thinking about buying a lawn tractor. Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent machine?

I've seen one displayed at GlobalHome in Korat/Chokchai a few months ago. No idea if they still sell them. At over 200k I thought it was a pretty price tag. Don't remember the brand though. 

HomePro used to sell one US brand but I've not seen any recently.  Uneven ground is a pain on a domestic grade lawn tractor - maybe a 2nd hand Kubota mini tractor would be better if you can find one.  We have almost 2 rai of grass to keep tidy and the best thing we ever did was to buy a genuine Honda powered walk behind mower.  26-29k now I should think but worth every baht.

• Like 1

If you ask me, for uneven ground, a ride on lawn mower that you see in a DIY store will be missused. 

You should look for a new or used small tractor and get a slasher attachment for the back of it. 

As you drag it around the orchard, it spins and chops everything in its path. 

They're very strong, and will last a lifetime. 

They cut quite short, but you will need to rake the lines of grass that they leave in their wake. 

• Like 1