A dreadful experience at one of my favorite Pubs.

WineOh

23 hours ago, Sujo said:

It could. But that could have been explained to him. If that was the case i would have paid the difference.

But thats not what happened.

They explained alright, read the OP again, but he was not interested to listen. 

Haven't read all the pages but would love to see his proof of the 140 thb price, picture of the menu would do. 

As the OP has a history about blaming Thai's for loads of things, I won't take his word for it.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, poloshirt said:

This whole country called Thailand is set up to make money from tourists, well, mainly from tourists but if you are long term guy or expat they may not get you, because you know their tricks.

If anyone wants to do an honest business they probably wouldn't go into Bar Business.

Go into a bar you expect to be cheated, hey this Thailand mate, you forgot?

Get into a fight in a bar means you are not so smart. IQ just too low to survive in this sort of environment.

Is bar really a happy place to drink in Thailand? I often wonder.

go to a bar and expect to be cheated?no wonder stupid farang is in such wide use in the "los" as someone posted earlier,they wouldn,t have pulled the same trick with a thai,a big thank you to all the white knights out there who allow it to happen.

4 hours ago, kingdong said:

go to a bar and expect to be cheated?no wonder stupid farang is in such wide use in the "los" as someone posted earlier,they wouldn,t have pulled the same trick with a thai,a big thank you to all the white knights out there who allow it to happen.

It's not a question of farang being stupid. Farangs from many european countries as well as Britain and US don't expect to be cheated when they go to pub in their countries and when they buy something they don't expect to be cheated too.

I had to check the price with 2 different people to make sure I am not being ripped off. I called up my friends and say, "Hey how much did you pay for this........." just to get some ideas how much it would cost before I actually buy it. (especially for expensive things).

So, farangs who live here even if they know the tricks they still sometimes get cheated when they let their guard down.

People will say I am Thai bashing, but if this sort of thing happen often how could you say it's Thai bashing?

If you are ripped off you should let everyone know, let all the tourists know too that's the only way to stop this nonsense. Better the whole world should know. This should apply to every country not only Thailand.

6 hours ago, poloshirt said:

It's not a question of farang being stupid. Farangs from many european countries as well as Britain and US don't expect to be cheated when they go to pub in their countries and when they buy something they don't expect to be cheated too.

I had to check the price with 2 different people to make sure I am not being ripped off. I called up my friends and say, "Hey how much did you pay for this........." just to get some ideas how much it would cost before I actually buy it. (especially for expensive things).

So, farangs who live here even if they know the tricks they still sometimes get cheated when they let their guard down.

People will say I am Thai bashing, but if this sort of thing happen often how could you say it's Thai bashing?

If you are ripped off you should let everyone know, let all the tourists know too that's the only way to stop this nonsense. Better the whole world should know. This should apply to every country not only Thailand.

if you go to a bar and they try and rip you off don,t go back simp!e as that,and if its so commonplace go to another destination,this attitude of they don,t earn much,lada  lada lada gets right up my grommet,like when you ask the price of something in a market and they give you some price that insults your intelligence and when you walk away get nasty,in the end it just isn,t worth the hassle,but as long as mugs stand the three card trick the longer it will continue,and when it gets to the point of "expecting to get ripped off"then just don,t bother and find somewhere else to go,i only spend a few days in thailand and go to another country.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:48 AM, BritManToo said:

Surprised they didn't say you were undercharged the first day and ask for another 50bht to make up for it.

My local beer shop charges 50bht for a large U-beer, and they're making a profit on that.

So was it normally 190bht for a small or a large beer?

Just before COVID, the Chang girl at my local bar/restaurant wanted to sell me 4 large Chang for 250bht.

The thought of her constantly filling my glass in that tight dress was tempting, but 4 large would have killed me.

I can never understand why people quote shop prices when the subject is pub/bar prices. 

On 7/4/2020 at 2:22 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

Two pints of beer for just under £5 and the scouser complains.

I've had a couple instants of overcharging on my last trip, was an extra bucket of ice added to bill and in my usual Thai bar maybe extra large beer added, but I was pretty drunk and queried it the next day, check bin was not changed lol.

How do you know he's Scouse? 

Might be a wool or a Norwegian. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

As bad as the But Holes who remember who round it is next.!

i guess you are one of those who forgets it's their round? Those people are the worse, always last to get the drinks in, good avoidance tactics honed after many years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

i guess you are one of those who forgets it's their round? Those people are the worse, always last to get the drinks in, good avoidance tactics honed after many years

I've never been part of a round buying group.

We pay our own way.

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Im not a Brit. I buy my own. :drunk:

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

In farangland yes but not Thailand, no need

Think the” bin “way”of paying here stops its a bit.In Oz your  f....g shout was a great tradition.

Edited by Olmate