A dreadful experience at one of my favorite Pubs.

WineOh

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can't remember how many times we've been told on TVF to pay after each drink is bought. Only newbies and perhaps drunk people run up a load of chek bin before paying.

And don't pay a 200bht bill with a 1,000bht note.

"No, that was only a 500bht note you gave me"

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Since libel and slander are regarded as criminal matters here in LOS, the bar could have taken legal action against him which might have resulted in him being banged up in the Bangkok Hilton (or local equivalent) for an exceedingly long stretch, had he done as you suggested.

I will leave it to others to judge whether he would have deserved such a fate!

Ok, I understand that that now and mods pointed it out too.

I always read reports on bars elsewhere and if negative I steer clear.

Too many many good bars to take chances with the bad uns.

Ha.

I told you.  All the crying about the bars not being open and do not believe I have ever read a positive review about a bar.  

All, terrible comments about everything and then the  ẗhey cheat/steal money¨ themes.

All seems like such a joke glad I have no interest in going to any of these places.

2 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

i should have got 2 beers for 140 baht (70 baht per pint), not 190. 

Those are agogo or nightclub prices, not "bar" prices (maybe in BKK?) normal price is 140 a pint when not on the 2 for 1 promotion?   Maybe a sky bar in a fancy hotel?

Only bars in Pattaya I ever frequent it is 50 baht before 7 for a small bottle and 60 or 70 baht after.  Unfortunately since the pool tables are closed down I have not gone out to my favorite bars.

Have never trusted beer on tap since working in a restaurant/bar years ago.  Temperature fluctuations, dirty supply lines, dirty glassware. Most beers tastes pretty awful and are rife with bacteria from what I have seen here in years past when I did try a pint from the tap. 

Heard a similar story here in Pattaya from a friend.  He had the experience on second round, not the second night.  FIrst round was 90 baht, second round 120 baht for a mixed drink, July 1.  

9 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

You check the bill after the first drink,

Maybe just ask the price? thao rai nung beir Leo?  Or Chang, Tiger, San Miguel, Singha, etc..???? 

And this is all from someone who has genuine Danish friends and from other western countries but claims it's not possible to have genuine Thai friends.... and his farang friends all have the same story.

Sound like a right laugh, that lot!

140B for two PINTS! 

190B for two pints!

Is it real beer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

This thread is not about the 50 THB, but about being ripped off and then being unvoluntarily dragged into a nasty conversation with the pub-owner.

I fully understand OP's reaction, and personally would never go back as long as that obnoxious lady-manager is still there.  And even with new ownership my perception of the place would be different than it was before because of that experience.

Unfortunately the 'libel' laws in Thailand do not allow to Name & Shame the place because even when fully right you can be prosecuted by the owner for 'hurting their business'.

You are correct.

I once complained about paying 130 baht (I think it was ) when the sign outside said "100 Baht". 

I was told that it was a mistake, but I had to pay the full amount. I never went back but the sign remained at 100 baht for at least the following 3 weeks.

That was blatant cheating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, petedk said:

I once complained about paying 130 baht (I think it was ) when the sign outside said "100 Baht". 

I was told that it was a mistake, but I had to pay the full amount. I never went back but the sign remained at 100 baht for at least the following 3 weeks.

That was blatant cheating.

You walk into the bar and say, "I'll have a 100bht beer" (ow beer, nung roi baht kap)

They bring the beer, you hand them 100bht.

No opportunity for cheating.

I'd have to be a 'special bar' for me to pay 100bht though.

I'm used to Vietnam and Cambodia where the price is 50c to $1.

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

You walk into the bar and say, "I'll have a 100bht beer"

They bring the beer, you hand them 100bht.

No opportunity for cheating.

It doesn't work like that.

I ordered food together with my friends. The bill came after we had finished eating.

17 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

6 pages on his 50 baht Beer...............life was just never this exciting when I lived in BKK/ Pattaya...............

Now that you live in Issan its damm i overpaid for my som tum pala 20 bt.. ????

2 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Bad reviews are just as important as good reviews. How can an establishment ever improve if they dont know where they are

going wrong?? They need to know so as to stop more future bad reviews. 

Please do point us in the direction of your "review"
to "review" a place for others
that place needs to be named

i understand libel etc. as stated above,
but what did your "review" on google or tripadvisor say ?
link ?

ranting in TVF about an undisclosed business,
is not a review sorry, its just a rant.

"They need to know so as to stop more future bad reviews. "
how will the owner ever know you are talking about their business if it is not disclosed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, innosiem said:

ranting in TVF about an undisclosed business,
is not a review sorry, its just a rant.

No rant mate.

just another daily observation in the land of perpetual smiles ????

• Confused 1

OP you know what these fruitcakes are like. She would have told you anything to avoid loss of face.

Name the boozer (I havent read entire thread if you already have)