Car crash Thailand

Yinn

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Main reason I do not drive.  Spent 44 years working for retirement.  Now that I made it to retirement, am not willing to take the risk.  You will never catch me on the back of a motorsai driven by some unknown yaba user or Lao khao drinker either.    Buses for long trips, songthaew locally, bicycle, or walk.   I have gone places in a private car with friends also of course, which is a risk yet it is in frequent

It a good call. And also tough one. 

As not everybody is willing to accept that they are bad drivers. But if you are, then it is better to stay away from driving wheel. And be carried around by private cars and buses by somebody more skilled.

Stay safe. Thought and prayers.

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Main reason I do not drive.  Spent 44 years working for retirement.  Now that I made it to retirement, am not willing to take the risk.  You will never catch me on the back of a motorsai driven by some unknown yaba user or Lao khao drinker either.    Buses for long trips, songthaew locally, bicycle, or walk.   I have gone places in a private car with friends also of course, which is a risk yet it is in frequent

1pm.jpg

• Like 2

Been driving cars and trucks here for over 25 yrs plus and never had an accident. But it is all about how we learn and how well we know how to control our vehicles using offensive and defensive driving. Even now I will not look at my messages or talk on my mobile phone by hand. Just takes a second before disaster strike. 

Yinn, have you ever been in an accident while you were driving? 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 5:12 AM, Skallywag said:

This is the very reason I insist on driving in Thailand, especially if travelling outside of the city centre.

I only have to worry about the other drivers and not also the driver driving my car. 

I don’t take motorcycle taxi’s for the same reason.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, balo said:

Russian car crash compilation is not any better, maybe worse. 

Agreed, we see crazy accidents from Dash-Cam footage here in Thailand. I think Russia wins for the amount of dash-cam footage highlighting moronic driving. 

I think there will be a wealth of crazy footage originating from any nation who’s drivers commonly fit dash-cams.

Let's face it, every country has hundreds of accidents a day caused by nothing more than idiocy - the more that are filmed, the more we see. 

I think much of it comes down to luck. Yet, I’ve been driving in Thailand for 20 years, I’ve had 3 minor bumps. I’ve never seen a major accident first hand. I’ve seen plenty of motorcyclists come off their bikes for daft reasons, but nothing too serious (apart from one time). 

Thailands road stats for the regular car user are not that extreme as the whole stat would suggest. 

Most issues can be avoided - then there is the catastrophic issues we see in the news, massive truck, brake failure, takes out 10 cars at the traffic lights... at some point poor standards, poor enforcement of vehicle maintenance and bad luck combine - hopefully not. 

• Like 2

Now I understand why car manufacturers in Thailand are closing down.

There are hundreds of cars destroyed in crashes every day on average, but with lockdowns, people could not drive, so no smash-ups, hence no cars needed to be replaced... Darn Prayuth for closing down the country! Workers losing jobs in car manufacturers!

*sarcasm off*

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...