webfact

1 hour ago, kwonitoy said:

Doesn't "Boss" the Red Bull@#$t heir have a

Private jet

Is rich rich rich

Well then roll out the red carpet, we love you toooo much

Most likely does, are you jealous ?

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

If I borrowed the Iron Man suit and flew in would I be treated as a rich Hi-So, if so I will go to the mall and buy one, then act like I just landed at the airport, albeit outside of the terminal area....

'terminal area' I thought that was reserved for the plebs with fatal diseases?

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Have they even begun to think this through? This would likely bring a mere handful to a country that needs millions to restore anything like normality to the travel sector. Thailand has been very fortunate with Covid and to let anyone in who has a few bucks more than average early seems like asking for trouble.

but we can't have the worldwide hi-so club inconvenienced in any way can we? 

• Like 1

No doubt it sounds good to the ears of those on high, but these mega-rich types simply don't spend enough money to replace the unwashed hordes who were not lucky enough to be able to afford to "avoid direct impact from the pandemic". The Cheap Charlies may not spend a lot individually, but there's an awful lot of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Where are they going to be parking all these private jets 

that will be flying in,in droves just to see "Amazing Thailand."

regards Worgeordie

Most private jets are small and can be parked between the scores of jumbo jets bearing the tail fin logo of a well known country in SE Asia.......

• Haha 2

If you can't afford a private plane and staying in a 5 star Hotel with a golden toilette flush and a $100K insurance then you better leave Thailand, better leave now. You had all the time to leave.. leave ... Now ????  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:
2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand Plans Open Borders for High-Spenders on Private Planes

never about health ,fairness or greater good; only about money

FYI, on 17 June, Singapore opened a fast-track, non-quarantine visitor channel for foreigners from Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, Mainland China, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam. They have also initiated a 'fast lane' for residents in China who need to make essential business or official travel between Singapore and the six fast lane regions in China (Chongqing, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Tianjin and Zhejiang).

Now, back to the Thai bashing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“Many in the high-spending, high-income groups avoided direct impact from the pandemic, but couldn’t come here because of travel restrictions,” Chula Sukmanop, director general of the CAAT, said in an interview Tuesday. “I’ve spoken with private aircraft operators who said they have plenty of potential customers looking to charter a plane to here.”

as long as we do not get reliable statistics that in a meaningful manner depict what the impact of this virus is per million inhabitants, and the correlations to the available hospital IC beds, such generalisations as above are meaningless.

I would have guessed the other way around, people with an active social life are more prone to infections: Prince Charles; BJ; top sportsmen; Donny's clan; ....

Edited by KKr

Rich guy on private Gulf stream V: Tell the pilot to put in a vector for Thailand.  Just got news from Thai visa  that they have opened it up for us. Remind everyone else they will need to stay on board or go into state quarantine for 14 days while I'm mooching around.

Yeah right!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

FYI, on 17 June, Singapore opened a fast-track, non-quarantine visitor channel for foreigners from Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, Mainland China, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam. They have also initiated a 'fast lane' for residents in China who need to make essential business or official travel between Singapore and the six fast lane regions in China (Chongqing, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Tianjin and Zhejiang).

Now, back to the Thai bashing.

Why was Thailand not included in the fast track...or don't they believe the Thai numbers????.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

but we can't have the worldwide hi-so club inconvenienced in any way can we? 

Who was the first mile-high awardee?
I suppose it could possibly have been Orville Wright in 1903, but it would have to have been a very quick J. Arthur, as it was solo and only 120 feet for 12 seconds.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Where are they going to be parking all these private jets 

that will be flying in,in droves just to see "Amazing Thailand."

regards Worgeordie

Will use ex Thai Airways spaces.

No longer needed