Thailand Plans Open Borders for High-Spenders on Private Planes

webfact

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Have they even begun to think this through? This would likely bring a mere handful to a country that needs millions to restore anything like normality to the travel sector. Thailand has been very fortunate with Covid and to let anyone in who has a few bucks more than average early seems like asking for trouble.

People with money have already paid for their stay in Thailand before they have stepped out of their own home. Air Fare, Hotel including food , transport. I've spoken to many in the Hilton who are quiet happy to have a quiet two of three week by the sea.

Just now, Khun Paul said:

I understand that a Highly regarded hospital is doing a FREE Frontal Lobotomy for Govt Staff, must be working judging by this offering . 

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Right now is the time for anyone already in Thailand to take advantage of incredible deals on hotel rooms. I got 80% off at the place I stay at here in Bangkok.  

what has this got to do with the topic? just gloating that you're in thailand by the sounds of it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NB1986 said:

That is real indicator how much government think about lower class people, and i guess the words of CP billionaire owner became truth, its no secret and is obvious who are in real control of Thailand.

So true. The lower class people or rather their children are back to school and learning what , nothing much as they should know there position in life. The elite are in charge of the country and they don't want this to change.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paulikens said:
3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Right now is the time for anyone already in Thailand to take advantage of incredible deals on hotel rooms. I got 80% off at the place I stay at here in Bangkok.  

what has this got to do with the topic? just gloating that you're in thailand by the sounds of it

It's just a high spender confirming there are bargains for those with an entourage.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Chinese from Beijing will be the first to charter planes from their infected city to bring the virus back to Thailand .

And then - back to closing the bars and restaurants again?

555. Dreamers. And those so called high-spenders, how do you know that they are going to spend very much? Should they fill in a document telling how much they plan to spend and before they leave declare it and the eventually minus they have to pay to PM? And by the way, it is not so expensive to hire a pilot and a sport plane to fly from for instance Cambodja and cross the Thai border even me, who is a cheap Charlie could, afford that