Jump to content
BANGKOK
fezza

Wife repatriation from the UK to Thailand

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,
 

My Thai wife is currently staying with us in the UK on a visitor visa.  We all flew over at Xmas to give living in the UK a try for 6 months before deciding whether we'd apply for her settlement visa.

Her visa expired on the 1st of June, but the UK Government extended it until the 31st of July.   We were hoping they'd extend it again for a couple of months so we could all fly back together in Aug/Sep - but it doesn't look like this will happen.  A friend just tried to have his wife's UK visa extended and they have refused to extend it beyond 31st of July.  So looks like this is the cut off point for UK extensions.

It looks like I must get her back this month as we don't want an overstay on her UK visit as we'll be applying for a settlement visa on her return.

I contacted KLM and there are flights back each day from Manchester->Amsterdam->Bangkok.  They told me there was no documentation needed for her to get on the plane, she would just need to sign a self-certification waiver to say she doesn't have COVID and wear a face mask.

I'm just wondering if I should put her on the plane and hope for the best...  🙂   Would she still need a certificate of entry to enter Thailand?   How about the cert to fly?  Is that just to board the plane?

Trying to get through to the Thai embassy in the UK is a nightmare, I'm going to try again today.

Many thanks,
Fezza

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd double check the KLM flights if I were you.  I just had a look on their website and there is nothing to book from AMS (or MAN) to BKK until 1 September.  They certainly do fly planes into BKK as there are daily flights back to AMS, but the inbound flights are most likely full of cheese, not people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've just checked and for some reason now they're only showing from September onwards.

Anyway, no issue, I can put her on an Emirates flight from Manchester to Bangkok on 31st of July when her visa expires.

Edited by fezza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, fezza said:

I've just checked and for some reason now they're only showing from September onwards.

Anyway, no issue, I can put her on an Emirates flight from Manchester to Bangkok on 31st of July when her visa expires.

you need to coordinate all travel through the Thai embassy otherwise she will be denied entry on arrival in Thailand

Don't book any flights until embassy advises okay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get your wife to contact the Thai embassy, their face book page seems to be best, as advised all this needs to be coordinated through the Thai embassy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would double check what she needs in terms of documentation to arrive in Thailand. I am seeing a lot more than you have laid out..

 

Following information is required by Thai Nationals returning to Thailand:

  • Passengers needs to present a health certification confirming the passenger is fit to fly.
  • Passengers needs to present a letter issued by Royal Thai Embassy, Thai Consular Office or Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand certifying that the passenger is Thai national returning to Thailand.
  • Proceed to follow the recommendations of the Thai Department of Disease Controls on arrival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment there are no passenger flights TO Thailand at all. All Thai nationals returning to Thailand are coming with special flights that are booked and sold only through the Thai embassy at the point of departure. 

According to latest information regarding return of non Thai nationals - if allowed entry they too will have to come on a special flight. 

The reason for no commercial passenger flights into Thailand is the limit of 500 passengers per day. Once this limit lifted normal flights will resume

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, vinny41 said:

you need to coordinate all travel through the Thai embassy otherwise she will be denied entry on arrival in Thailand

Don't book any flights until embassy advises okay

How can a Citizen be denied entry to their own country,i think you have that wrong!

She would be tested/quarantined on arrival,but not denied entry.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

At the moment there are no passenger flights TO Thailand at all. All Thai nationals returning to Thailand are coming with special flights that are booked and sold only through the Thai embassy at the point of departure. 

According to latest information regarding return of non Thai nationals - if allowed entry they too will have to come on a special flight. 

The reason for no commercial passenger flights into Thailand is the limit of 500 passengers per day. Once this limit lifted normal flights will resume

Who's coming in from Doha, Tehran, Paris, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Kuwait, Hanoi, Muscat, Xiamen, Singapore, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Dhaka, Zurich, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Kolkota today then ?

 

ASQ hotels are already quarantining foreigners who’ve recently arrived.

 

I have a flight booked in less than 2 weeks (if the Certificate of Entry is granted in time).

 

 

Edited by richard_smith237

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:
16 hours ago, vinny41 said:

you need to coordinate all travel through the Thai embassy otherwise she will be denied entry on arrival in Thailand

Don't book any flights until embassy advises okay

How can a Citizen be denied entry to their own country,i think you have that wrong!

She would be tested/quarantined on arrival,but not denied entry.

 

Some Thai’s have been denied boarding without the approval from the Thai Embassy.

Any travel to Thailand at the moment, Thai or Foreign require approval to enter Thailand, which ultimately means no boarding of a flight without that approval document. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Who's coming in from Doha, Tehran, Paris, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Kuwait, Hanoi, Muscat, Xiamen, Singapore, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Dhaka, Zurich, Tokyo, Shanghai, and Kolkota today then ?

 

 

I've been checking live reservation systems for the past month looking for flights into Thailand. In June there were many flights showing availability for July, but around the middle of June all those flights were taken off system. Now the system shows incoming for August, but those are likely to be cancelled as well if they keep a daily limit on entering passengers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, fezza said:

I've just checked and for some reason now they're only showing from September onwards.

Anyway, no issue, I can put her on an Emirates flight from Manchester to Bangkok on 31st of July when her visa expires.

You do know about the mandatory 14 days quarantine for your wife/gf on arrival? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

Some Thai’s have been denied boarding without the approval from the Thai Embassy.

Any travel to Thailand at the moment, Thai or Foreign require approval to enter Thailand, which ultimately means no boarding of a flight without that approval document. 

 

 

It's because you have to accept the rules and the 14-days quarantine on arrival. The Certificate of Entry for a Thai national is really easy to get compared to a foreigner. But they have to drag their a***s to the embassy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
3 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:
19 hours ago, vinny41 said:

you need to coordinate all travel through the Thai embassy otherwise she will be denied entry on arrival in Thailand

Don't book any flights until embassy advises okay

How can a Citizen be denied entry to their own country,i think you have that wrong!

She would be tested/quarantined on arrival,but not denied entry.

 

Some Thai’s have been denied boarding without the approval from the Thai Embassy.

Any travel to Thailand at the moment, Thai or Foreign require approval to enter Thailand, which ultimately means no boarding of a flight without that approval document. 

You're right but it was being pointed out that a Thai citizen cannot be denied entry to Thailand, there may be conditions, such as quarantine on arrival attached, but, if they are allowed to board a plane, they cannot be denied entry to their own country here.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

You're right but it was being pointed out that a Thai citizen cannot be denied entry to Thailand, there may be conditions, such as quarantine on arrival attached, but, if they are allowed to board a plane, they cannot be denied entry to their own country here.

It was on a goverment website that stated if a passenger doesn't have the correct paperwork they will not be allowed to disembark from the plane, in theory they shouldn't be allowed on the plane in the 1st place but some airlines are cash strapped and are just interested in taking your money, for them its not their problem if you don't have the correct paperwork to gain entry or not

Here’s some good advice from the Thai Embassy in Turkey about buying plane tickets before the flight ban to #Thailand is lifted. DON’T DO IT! Just because airlines are selling tickets for July, it doesn’t mean they will be allowed to land in Thailand. They just want your money.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1276397566746214401

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...